Freethinker Hideout Tactics

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-LagerYerba, Nov 20, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Hazeroth Guest

Since he is no longer dropping multiple vases, gauging the time when he drops his one vase is very easy.

Now that you don't have to worry about the MT moving out of the way and stopping and having another vase placed at his feet you no longer have to do laps.

The tactic we use now is a much more simpler version (no tactic is perfect the first few times and hammered out the problems to the first tactic).

We all form up before the first pillar in the room. Any further in and the Shredder will agro.

Then we have the MT charge the Shredder and pull him off the pedistal and to the back right corner.

As the MT runs up we all follow him and casters and healers place themselves on the pedistal and begin to do their thing.

The Vase timer starts on agro so you don't have to worry about the Shredder leaving a present on the pedistal before he follow the MT.

Once everyone is in position the Melee do some upclose damage but is mindful of the timer of the first vase since you have to estimate the time (for you guys that use parcers with AoE timers).

Depending on how on the ball you are you can keep Melee DPS up until he says something or have the AoE timer raid member call out a warning that the next vase is about to drop in a second or to and start moving back.

Once the vase does drop the MT will also joust. For all intence and purposes pulling the Shredder to the opposite corner (far left hand).

Once the MT is in the new corner the melee players will charge the new corner, (if done right no one will get hit by the AoE, but beware parcer AoE timer guys, if no one is hit you will get no timer update, so don't use the name of the actual spell hitting people use the precanned phrase he uses to start the next timer).

Even if your healers get ported they will not get hit by the AoE and after the fear wears off in a few second have the people who got summoned run back to the pedistal and continue the fight.

I hope this helps you all with that Named, once you get this down you should get him the first time with no deaths or at least one or two slow people will get the hit.

Silentchord, lvl 70 Dirge
    Journeymen of the Overlord
    Antonia Bayle
  2. ARCHIVED-Grozmok Guest

Okay, since people flamed me when I posted a detailed walkthrough of other raids on these forums, let me give you this:

This fight is very, very easy if you have a few fighters on the raid, and everyone on their toes with deaggroes.

The adds spawning is directly related to the DD (Prone to Corruption). The adds can be directly avoided with none spawning.

The resulting strat, and seeing it play out, is simply hilarious.
  3. ARCHIVED-Repxsrz Guest

Lol, a little vague...
  4. ARCHIVED-RBent72 Guest

Grozmak yer killin' me!

I admit that I enjoy the ambiguous response, but if you got flamed posting more info on these forums, you could try putting a little more info on eq2.raidmobs.com, and you can do it all undercover.

Or send me a tell or email in game, although I'm gonna work on what you wrote.

Chemos
    70 Paladin
    Najena Server
  5. ARCHIVED-Budgiette Guest

All the guilds Ive spoken to are having this problem, but the most interesting thing about these healers is that they are druids!! Anyone else noticed this interesting aspect?
    Message Edited by Budgiette on 12-13-2006 05:46 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Caetrel Guest

All the guilds Ive spoken to are having this problem, but the most interesting thing about these healers is that they are druids!! Anyone else noticed this interesting aspect? He loves our 2 furies. It can actually work to your advantage, just assign a healer for cures to each druid/ healer he is porting in a "loop". You won't have to scramble after different feared people, just joust and burn. The fight got really easy for us when we realized how predictable the port can be.
  7. ARCHIVED-Amon` Guest

If you are having trouble with the first or second named in here you are going to be unpleasantly surprised with the 3rd one. He is about 10 times harder than these first 2 which are very very easy. As he is now, he is a complete different level of difficulty imo.
  8. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Which is actually how a raid zone should be implemented.
  9. ARCHIVED-marci1000 Guest

No, I get ported everytime and I am a Templar.
  10. ARCHIVED-Amon` Guest

I agree, I like this.
  11. ARCHIVED-Repxsrz Guest

OK, I am a Fury and the first mob is REALLY easy, however, I feel bad for our Warden...I dont know what he does, but he is completely owned again and again.

I think it adds a little comedy to that particular encounter :smileyhappy:
  12. ARCHIVED-3C HAVOK Guest

Naw, hes not 10 times harder, Once you get the strat on him and figure him out, its gettign the strat right thats a pain, Once you get it hes not that bad. Its a fun fight though, One of my favorites ATM, Him, Chel`Drak and Clockworks i think are all a blast, Takes the whole raid working as one and focused. I love those kind of fights rather then Bash Mob heal Tank type of fights.
  13. ARCHIVED-Toredorf Guest

Why he summon healers firts?

My theory is that the summon is like the single rampage from Eq1 but affect up to 6 players. Rampage only affected 1.

For those that never raided eq1 this is how it worked. The second person to agro the named will get hit by the rampage and if that person die then the rampage will hit the 3rd in agro and ect. In this case the next 6 people to get into the hate list of the named after the mt(he is firts agro) will be randomly summon, if one of those 6 people die then the next in hate list will get summon and so on. Since healer usually get into the hate list at the same time as the tank (cause of pre heals) thats why they are usually the ones getting summoned firts.

But if you avoid the ae timing it and moving the tank from a corner to another no one will die.
  14. ARCHIVED-Grozmok Guest

I've answered all the PMs folks sent me. Don't try to send me a tell (Euron, Nagafen), unless you make a toon there.
  15. ARCHIVED-Tazric Guest

We had something wierd happen in freethinkers last night, that we couldnt figure out/explain. Throw bones, pull center mob, kill, np. Throw right bone, pull left, both mobs in camp, we are beating away doing fine, then all of a sudden the other 2 (That had reset just fine) suddenly ran in. At first we thought just someone got close, but we watched it and everyone was flat against the door, it just kept happening. Finally we just had our coercer memblur and we were able to carry on like normal.
    Anyone seen this or just a zone bug anomaly for us?
  16. ARCHIVED-Florin Guest

Check out www.ethereallegacy.com if you looking for an optimal position on the third mob so your raid wont get hit by neither seering nor reaching.

And about the fact that the mob goes active and kills 2/3 of the raid? Make sure you leave one person outside when you charge the room, get everyone in the spot, tank ready, buffed up and only THEN have the last person enter the room.

The mob will go active in about 10 sec after that.

P.S. Im pretty sure there are plenty of positions that work on this mob, this one worked the best for us tho. Make sure you have the WHOLE raid in the same spot, if you watch the video you will see even one step behind the raid will mean death to those ppl, we had 2 that werent in position and instantly died when the reaching hit.
  17. ARCHIVED-Fewson Guest

Yep, looks like this game is turning into easy mode FTW.
    Not suprised EL will start providing howtos. Course EL gets strats from other guilds...so might as well just pass it around. They have done some innovations such as Death Coordination.
    Pretty soon every raid mob will have ...put toons here at spot marked X. Tank at Y. Clicky buttons Z times. FTW. lol.
    I much prefer the Devs way of creating tutorial raid mobs/zones for people to learn how to raid, what techniques are out there and to learn how to strategize and execute. Than for loser guilds like EL to layout tactics(and given EL you can't even know if this simple tactic was given to them or figured out[and it's not hard to figure out(we did after the first pull of the mob many weeks ago)] ) for others to copy.

Message Edited by Fewson on 12-15-2006 01:10 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-Fewson Guest

Oh and hints are one thing(which I don't mind at all), explicitly giving people a step by step, and/or put you toon at point marked X is just promoting the advancement of those that can't figure anything out on thier own.
  19. ARCHIVED-Florin Guest

Awww, dont be sad Fewson, ill be posting a movie on the last named too, this way noobs like your guild can actually kill it.

I heard you guys been trying for like 2 weeks now, is ok, once i post the video you will be able to see how is done :)
  20. ARCHIVED-Fewson Guest

Lol,

Least we don't depend on people telling us strats from NPU and Chaotic Legion as EL did. An EX-EL member who now in our guild said that was the only way EL figured out any strats. They actually said it was refreshing to be in a guild that actually works to figure out strats vs having them given to them from an outside guild.

Yep, we have to work on mobs. We have many people with jobs who end up logging(Even I work a fulltime job). So our amount of pull time is reduced. Since we actually work on strats, each pull progresses us. It is much more fun to work for something, than just have it handed to you as a script to repeat. Even if it means others can kill the mob before us.

This is actually our first week on the final mob and we almost killed it. Why the first week? Well because people wanted to tryt to do some things out of order before the mob before this ..and that had some results, which required us to wait till our next zone reuse. That happens when you try things, when you experiment. Much easier if you just have someone lay it all out for you, as EL has had done for them.

Actually we almost had killed that mob, if people had not been tired and had to sleep for work, we would have. Not bad for our first time on the final mob. But why worry about what we are doing, EL needs more strats so you need to get your contacts in those other guilds to get em to ya so you can post them here.

Message Edited by Fewson on 12-15-2006 01:27 PM