Freethinker Hideout Tactics

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-LagerYerba, Nov 20, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-LagerYerba Guest

Well, my guild tried it out for the first time, cleared out every mob in the beginning, and we got stuck on the first named. So I was thinking it would be nice to see how other people managed to beat it (if they have) and give any tips if they're willing.

We got kinda stuck in the beginning about throwing the bones to get the werewolves out of the way so we can clear the other ones, but managed to figure that out after one of us got curious with a clicky and became a chewtoy for a werewolf.

Is that vase movable that the named drops? do we have to be max range? is this a ranged fight? we seem to have tried every conceivable tactic that was previously used in other raid zones but to no avail.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. =)
  2. ARCHIVED-mikemcmodmike Guest

We were stuck on the same named. One thing we figured out though, the pots he drops explode. The aoe is centered around them. He also says something every time he drops a pot.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kyriel Guest

"oops, did i drop that?"
  4. ARCHIVED-THteampink Guest

It seems this guy can be pretty buggy. For us he was summoning half the raid, literally 12 people, and dropping vase after vase after vase. Others have said he only summons one person and doesnt ae very often. *shrug*
  5. ARCHIVED-LexxerCoV Guest

We killed the first named a few days ago...took us a few pulls to figure him out but he died. Tonight we tried again and every pull he would fear half our raid, sometimes more. Every single healer was feared and the MT would drop for obvious reasons. Was the same on every pull...pretty much entire raid feared and blown up.
    Definitely NOT the same mob we killed 4 days ago.
  6. ARCHIVED-THteampink Guest

He really seems like he can be two different versions. One totally owns and is impossible, one is totally doable.
  7. ARCHIVED-FLLonewulf Guest

We experienced th same thing, though it might have been due to different group makeup. Our 1st time in we got him on the 2d or 3d pull. We went in two nights ago and he was doing some different things (fearing alot more ppl, knocking ppl through he world. etc) May have been to missing some group nox cures, but appeared buggy as well. Also appeared the time into zone bug was back as it was the 1st few ppl that zoned in that were effected the most by his port/summons/fears even though they were in different groups.
  8. ARCHIVED-Illustrious Guest

We are not the best raid guild by any means, but we did manage to kill him on about the 3rd pull even with only 2 grp nox curers. Jousting is easy as he says things like "opps did i drop that" or "take a deep breath" soon as u hear those you have about 2 or 3 secs to get outta range. he also says something like "come here" whenever he summons and then fears someone.

sounds like some people have gotten a bugged version though if half the raid is getting summoned and feared at once...or maybe was us that had the bugged version that was too easy?
  9. ARCHIVED-Mgunner Guest

It's the second named that scares the heck out of me
  10. ARCHIVED-Feltrak Guest

We did the zone last week sometime and killed him after a couple pulls. Once we figured out a strategy for it that trip he was easy. We went in on Tuesday and he dropped vases every 5 seconds, and he dropped 2 alot. Double vase on the pull was his favorite. Oh yeah and fearing a bunch of people on the pull too. We wiped several times, figured he was just bugged and left. Went back in Wednesday night and used our strat from last week and killed him again. It seemed you can get a buggy version. IMO if he's dropping 2 vases every 5 secs he's not killable.
  11. ARCHIVED-Barandos Guest

Same for us, but we tried him 3 different night and everytimes he drop lots more vase than he should have.
    Something i have noticed is that he seems to drop more when there where other guild trying him. Maybe the script is bugged where there are other instance
  12. ARCHIVED-pawnipt Guest

It seems he fears the same people every pull, relogging most of the raid members may change who gets feared! Worth a try id say.
  13. ARCHIVED-THteampink Guest

Ya Feltrak we had about the same experience as you. Double vase drop, back to back summoning every 5 secs or so. Literally back to back, he would summon about 5 people and fear them, while dropping vases, and WHILE they were feared he would summon more people and fear them. It was extremely irrirtating.
  14. ARCHIVED-Caetrel Guest

If this encounter is supposed to work like this:

Drops vase for AOE that will kill most if not cured quickly as it ticks 2-4k damage, does this about every 20-25 seconds. Can also fear anyone within AOE range with second effect. Randomly teleports one person to him every ____ seconds.

If this is the case, then it is a relatively simple encounter that you can beat by maintaining cures and jousting. Ooops, Who's Next etc....

When we tried him it was alot of what I'm hearing here. Double vase, porting up to 12 people lol. One time he ported all healers but one. Best we got him is 28% like this. Eventually it would come to a bad round of 'ports and when enough key people were feared a ton of people would die from AOE. Mob doesn't hit MT too hard.

Honestly, I assumed we were doing something wrong with the encounter to make the teleport/fear craziness happen so much. Are we just seeing a bugged mob?
  15. ARCHIVED-Pitt Hammerfist Guest

yeah we had this too, 2 different versions, 1 killable the other alot tougher
  16. ARCHIVED-Spierce Guest

I will look into this. I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is (when he is summoning 12 people). Happy Thanksgiving.
  17. ARCHIVED-Taucher Guest

On SD's second trip through Freethinker's we did fine with the Werewolf(Shredder or something or other) but we had a ton of problems with the third vampire(Treyloth I think his name was).

It seemed like, compared to our first trip, Treyloth was AEing twice as much. I think the figure was our MT got hit 72 times with his AE in a 73 second fight. While we dealing with this pumped-up Treyloth another guild on our server (in Freethinker's at the same time, zoned in well after us) mentioned they were having problems with Shredder the Werewolf, the first boss - like he was bugged.

I think the zone may be rife with scripting errors, possibly to do with multiple instances as mentioned before in this thread. :smileysad:
  18. ARCHIVED-CrazedMutha Guest

That you Arathym posting from your station account? :p. I would also add that the first time we killed him (night AFTER patch night) he was fairly simple. 4 days later and he was fearing and porting a hell of a lot more than he should have been, made him extremely difficult.
    Message Edited by CrazedMutha on 11-23-2006 10:19 AM
  19. ARCHIVED-Illustrious Guest

had our second attempt of zone yesterday, and managed to kill second namer at last. The third namer never went down as we were pretty much all nakid and out of kits, but he looks to be fun also (as long as you dont get in front of him when he AE of course!)

Great zone so far and and both of the first 2 namers have some nice scripts that seem a little more fun than the usual.
  20. ARCHIVED-genesis013 Guest

Any advice you can give for second named?