Forum Feedback (Official!)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Chikkin, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Seliri Well-Known Member

if it really grinds your Geraldinos to be unable to "comfortably" read my text, highlight, ctrl+c to copy, ctlr+v to paste in the reply menu, or an opened notepad document.

i personally find dark orange text quite legible, indeed.

& reading cyan on a beige-white background is a most joyous pastime.

dont blend in when you can sparkle & shine bBz.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  2. Mae- Well-Known Member

Nope, I'd rather they just ban colors, or I ignore your posts, if you continue to try to "shine" with your orange-on-tan color choice. There are other ways to shine that don't involve being obnoxious or result in your posts flat out being ignored.
    Onorem, Terein and slippery like this.
  3. isest Active Member

I would like to have the options to set background color like we used to have in old forums, the new forms with this brown look is so bland and boring. I like having the option of changing the forums to the way I liked. It is unfortunate we went with inferior forum software, what we had before gave us a lot of options of how to view things, and keep it in the format we liked. Just my 2 coppers worth.
    Seliri likes this.
  4. Seliri Well-Known Member

sparkling & shining was a jest in regard to Terein's usage of cyan, which is incomparable to a usage of dark orange

& that would be a shame to let yoself be irritable & so generously label your peers obnoxious, i communicate decent points at times. :D
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  5. Nolus Well-Known Member

After looking at this for a bit. I think the colour scheme of it all is drab and hard to read more on. I did like with the old boards you could choose the theme etc. I'm almost thinking rather than this set up they would be better off getting rid of the forums all together. Sure, the other forums had it's issues. But this setup isn't very good for what it is used for. But who really cares anyways?
  6. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Please take the following as constructive feedback:

Terein's cyan, and your bright orange, are nearly equally difficult to read. They really are, and Terein probably selected cyan specifically for that purpose. It is quite jarring, bright, hard to read, and nearly the exact opposite of black text. In fact, I cracked open the HTML, and the color being used is officially named BLAZE ORANGE. Not a dark orange, not a subdued color, but one of the bright hilight category of web colors.

Perhaps it's the contrast or brightness of your monitor. Perhaps it's your gamma settings. Perhaps you have more easygoing eyes. Perhaps you don't see it. It's ever more obnoxious than posting in all caps. (I tried it, I took one of your longer orange posts, changed it to black but all caps, and it was indeed much less obnoxious looking).

Please take the following as snark:

But you know about it. Multiple people have complained in multiple threads. At this point you're doing it deliberately to cheese people off. And it's working.

Please ask yourself whether deliberately antagonizing your readers in an effort to be cute, different, or whatever - in a way that completely negates anything of value you have to say because we just scroll by without reading, is worth it to you. Otherwise, I encourage everyone to respond with the following... As it's just as easy to read as one of your posts... (Same color too)

[IMG]
    Onorem, Atan, Terein and 1 other person like this.
  7. Caela Well-Known Member

I don't know what has changed, except maybe SOE likes gnomes better than Erudites - but I can stay logged into the forum as long as I don't close my browser.

I left a forum page up over night, and when I came back this morning and clicked on "New Threads" and it kept me logged in.

I don't know what changed - but I like it. I can cope with having to log in just once per browser session.
  8. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

I hit that silly home button so many times when reading forums I can't believe it lol
    [IMG]
    Atan, Vultir, Afista and 1 other person like this.
  9. Seliri Well-Known Member

added some delineated examinations to #7, abolish that there edit window of war. >[

:mad:

posted this earlier, but whatever the joopy-doop-doop-dew man... ~_~

· 1.) No user metrics at the bottom.

· 2.) No custom avatars.

· 3.) No options to change posts displayed per thread page (must be up to 50, 100, or preferably, infinite).

· 4.) Thread pages don't show up til you mouse over thread subject.

· 5.) Reduced forum sections.

· 6.) No veterancy/join date recognition.

· 7.) The 35 min edit window MUST BE MADE INDEFINITE ASAP.
    7a. The human thought process is such that neurons are clustered categorically.
    7ai. Recall of specific subject matter occurs in clusters, often with trigger points catalyzing/galvanizing a new cloud of detail.
    7aii. People also make minor editorial mistakes that may corrupt the coherency/prestige of their commentary.

7aiii. In order to retain orderly, centralized contributions, the edit window preserves the ability to take what was a rough draft, & augment it in pursuit of a final draft.
    7aiv. Cliffs: people don't remember everything at once; retain rough draft to final draft capacity.
    7b. Retrieving nested quotes is easier when you can edit an old post & copy everything from that post, instead of having to go back to every post you originally quoted.
    7c. "Original Posts" are often the center for collective brainstorming & the monitoring of progression.
    7ci. Such broad foci require consistent updates to maintain relevancy.
    7cii. See: past resources I've authored on ensuring EQ2 PvP & EQ3's competency (2nd quote of mine in this post).

· 8.) No black background/light font templates.

· 9.) Thread/post width too slim, not economical usage of page length.

· 10.) Auto-logout needs to be erased, defaulted to off if left as an option.

· 11.) No longer able to delete posts?

· 12.) Character limit reduced from 25K-50K to 10K.

· 13.) Years of history loss (archives are obviously going to be rarely, if ever, referenced with consistency).

Would Lol if any of this gets addressed in a timely fashion.

consolidatin' me circumspection
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  10. Seliri Well-Known Member

oops, i think #5 has been handled, & #10 kinda...but not totally...~_o
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

Her Seliri, if you went further down you will see I suggested a middle ground if they are insistent upon the Edit timer. That was my first post in regard to that, which was more quoting what a red had said than anything else.

Edit: This is why I do this fast ;).

I have eaten my words before. It sucks to have happen, I quite firmly believe that a longer/indefinite Edit timer would be far more beneficial than detrimental. If middle ground must be reached though my last vote was for a 7 Day edit timer. At the very least that would ensure a "mostly finished" thought. Though it does nothing towards keeping OP's as "trackers"
  12. Eshaac Active Member

Yeah, I hate dat thing too. One would think since it is on the forum website it would take you to the first/top page of the forums and not to player page. They really need to rename it.

Eshaac
  13. Seliri Well-Known Member

that's why you click the "Forums" button & not the home button =X :p :rolleyes:
  14. Terein Active Member

Generally speaking the forum index is the very first thing in that navigation menu, honestly I'm more worried about the edit lockout timer right now.

(I removed the rest of my post because I have a feeling SoE would think it was trolling)
  15. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

It's the location that is bad if you notice right above is a big Home that you can click if you want to go there. The little home is within the skin of the forums making it appear to be part of the forums
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

Because of how XenForo builds pages, this is actually impossible.

Agreed. I fixed this in my custom style ( userstyles.org -- must have Stylish plugin for Firefox or Chrome installed ). I also fixed the atrocious brown quote color and text color within quotes, numerous CSS bugs, etc.

This would have required importing some user data. They didn't.

There absolutely should be a light-on-dark theme. It's pretty crazy to have the forums light-on-dark for 6 years and just switch to a light theme and think everyone would just be happy with it. I looked at what it would take to overlay a light-on-dark theme onto the EQ2 forums using Stylish. It's pretty much impossible.

Good point.

I actually agree with having "Forums" take you to the forums and "Home" take you to Everquest2.com.
    Terein likes this.
  17. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Again it isn't the words or their definition it is the LOCATION that makes it user unfrendly. There are other things within the forums that make you go to the the big light on dark Forums to click back to forums which is unsettling but, doesn't make you go somewhere else by accident. This on makes it easy to accidently go to home page when you don't want to.
    Eshaac likes this.
  18. Eshaac Active Member

Agree 100%

The "home" within the forum skin is unnecessary.

Amazing how people will reply/comment on your post about the things your "not" saying in your post and ignore everything you are saying in your post.

Eshaac
    Cloudrat likes this.
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

The new forums make selective quoting so much easier. ;)
  20. Atan Well-Known Member

I would agree with you EXCEPT for the same HOME and FORUM navigation being exactly 1 inch above the one I keep mis-clicking thinking it means 'forum home'. Since the HOME link to everquest2.com is higher on the page.

That is a forum specific breadcrumb, it doesn't breadcrumb the rest of everquest2.com, so I would expect the top of the breadcrumb to be the forum home.
    Cloudrat and Terein like this.