Forced Namechange due to unprofessional support

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Sliceberry, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Maturity takes a long time to grow into, and (as the posters say) "common sense is so rare it should be considered a [expletive] superpower".

A lot of people gave this guy solid advice, but I think he simply hasn't got the maturity to go past his sense of entitlement. /shrug. We should let it alone. There's plenty of info on ways he can try handling this, but all he wants to do is roll on the ground screaming the equivalent of "o the injustice of it all!" So let him!
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  2. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

considering how quiet he's been, i think he succeeded... silence is golden.
  3. Alenna Well-Known Member

No Daybreak is an American company always has been even when it was SoE the conglomerate that owns them is Russian. at wone point they were owned by a Japanese mega company Sony but they were still a separate company based in America. all the employees are American or at least live in the united States. please think before you post more misinformation.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  4. Random11 New Member

I reported Nhomo. I actually reported him on Saturday, before the auction channel situation, because when I logged in, after a busy week, busy day, when I just was looking to do a few key quests/chill out, I was offended by the first line of General Chat: Nhomo says to General: sucking d1cks for plat.

In my petition, I acknowledged that I have made some other reports offensive language and/or names, for example, Maxipad was one a few years back. In this case, I added a comment about the inappropriateness of the name, which taken in the context of the chat I read, was offensive to me. I took a screenshot and uploaded it with my report.

I'm using one of my free accounts, not my main account, in this thread as frankly I don't trust that there wouldn't be some retaliation. I'm simply explaining the context and my rationale for the petition. Others may disagree. That's the thing around what's offensive, it is personal.
    claudia6913, Cempa and Ceyllynn like this.
  5. Jumpity Member

Your report alone did not cause the name change. They looked at the petition, made an assessment, and determined it was a bad name and changed it. Just people reporting a name because they don't like it does not mean the name will get changed. It is up the CS team to decide that, and they did.

Lots of people report names they think are offensive and they do not get changed, just the ones that the CS team also deems to be bad get changed.
    Ceyllynn and claudia6913 like this.
  6. Sliceberry Member

And who are you on HoF?
  7. Sliceberry Member

Shaming and blaming is not allowed btw. Besides, it has nothing to do with my name change. And auctioning like that is just... what I said before.
  8. Sliceberry Member

I must say, it was fun xD
  9. Sliceberry Member

And it's kind of funny, every bad thing I said since this xpac is in this thread. Serious grudge because you can't beat me.
  10. Sliceberry Member

That explains why the server maintenance seems to be so bad atm, American company with servers in Russia? What?
  11. Ecugia88 Active Member

9 years i played this game and ALL i EVER seen was phrases for character names. Especially the ones who tried to have the longest names ever with the Rubble Rabble Rouser and "of the xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx" titles.
    Sliceberry likes this.
  12. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

wow... you really don't think things through before posting do you? no wonder you don't get it, you're completely clueless of physical reality, and need to take remedial reading comprehension for english.

the physical servers are in the same place where the employees work, kinda handy that way... in the US, because it is an american based company. american based means, even though they have employees who are not american*looks at domino and windstalker* that's where they are physically located and work from. do you understand now?
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Adevil Well-Known Member

Harla Dar MIGHT be in Russia, but it's more likely in the same EU datacenter that Splitpaw and the other EU servers are in.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  14. Peachiz Member

15. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Rubble Rabble Rouser and the of Xxxx are titles. prefix and suffix. its the words inbetween those that are not supposed to be a 'phrase'. for example, I usually have the prefix The Mighty, and the suffix, Collector of Shiny Things.

so my name is The Mighty Rainmare Wyndrider, Collector of Shiny Things.
    and that's fine. but if my name was:
    The Mighty Rainmare Thestorm, Collector of Shiny Things, that would technically violate the policy because my actual name 'Rainmare Thestorm' is the phrase 'rainmare the storm' and could be changed is it was petitioned and a GM decided to do so.
  16. Cempa New Member

Maybe they don't want "half the server" hating them as you threatened.

Your character name was offensive to a lot of gay people in the USA and the UK.
    The chat logs in this thread show what kind of person you are.
    Daybreak has been extremely lenient with you and yet you have the cheek to call their employes unprofessional.
    Prissetta and Ceyllynn like this.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

wow. just wow. you know, i have seen a lot of names in the game that i would think violates the naming policies. i guess the only time they really violate the policies is if someone reports them. there are names that have an obvious sexual tone- some are very gay sounding, others very straight but soliciting sounding. others sound offensive for other reasons. for one name to be picked on, you must have some enemies. i would say use a little caution about what you say and do.
    Prissetta likes this.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

ever notice that when you have the spam filter on, things like "cocktrice" comes out c***trice? it looks stupid and seems stupid. and the word "grape" in the game comes out "g****" sometimes i think we can be too accommodating to phobias and filtering in our society - so much that we often put meaning where there is none. a shame really. seems in this day and age, with all of our technology, we could get a spam filter that knows the difference. and game officials too.
    Finora likes this.
  19. Sliceberry Member

So you are saying that Daybreak is owned by Russians. That kinda makes it Russian doesn't it? Besides, it is an international game. Not an American game, an INTERNATIONAL game. If I was running around with names like Bishplz I would understand, but really? Nhomo? These aren't the 1980's, homosexuality is being accepted now, get over it.

And lol? It offended many gay UK and USA people? Yeah, a bicurious person told me in tells that he thought it was bs that my name was changed. Also, I wasn't reported for over a year, I guess "all those" gay players felt so offended they died of suffering before they could open a ticket... right...?

What if I say that I am gay? Would that change the entire situation?

Oh and another thing: yeah, I am such a bad person for saying those couple bad sentences in open channels. There is no dirt on my account, I got a fair warning for my foul mouth and I don't offend people anymore with words that you hear everywhere anyway unless you live under a rock. Turn on the radio: f this b, f that b etc..
    It is easy to judge but believe it or not, I help many people who show respect to me. If you disrespect me by (for example) screwing me over in auction you can expect a reaction (I was bidding on something that my friend needed, was giving him a present).

This insane American censorship is getting out of hand, way too far-fetched.

My point is: stop this name changing non-sense unless a name really is offensive. 80% of the players have a name that is not following the guidelines.
    suka likes this.
  20. Sliceberry Member

Get over it, support the fact that we are together on this world and freedom of speech is allowed by the law.

Ofcourse I understand that I shouldn't say things like that. But really? Nhomo???? Offensive???????
    suka likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.