Forced Namechange due to unprofessional support

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Sliceberry, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

i kow what it stands for, but you're giving it new meaning...too bad name fixation wont catch on...

h o mo is a nasty slang, your name has the word in it, it's not allowed.. period. i find your name offensive. bye bye.
  2. Smite Active Member

I sympathize with your situation although you need to look at the big picture.

You are unfortunately a victim of "lashing out" by people who are unhappy about other things in life and have no other means to vent their frustrations.

At this stage of EQ2's lifespan I'd just accept it and move on.

Given the fact that the Devs put in the 1c plat exploit to facilitate insider inflation of the $ for Krono for Best In Slot SLR here in ToT speaks volumes to where the game is today. P2W is here although few noticed it given the shallow itemization in ToT. Banning 11th hour participants to cover up the insider nature of this fiasco is 100x scarier than having a forced name change.
    _ _ _

Yes I agree your name is ok but unfortunately all it takes is a few /reports to force CS down on another player. Pray that groups of players don't realize they can do this to get people they don't like or agree with banned with little recourse.

Only a Dev present at the time will be able to save a player from being at the wrong end of a /witchhunt where the search for excuses goes on and on forever.
  3. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

4. Sliceberry Member

So if they could just give me a free name change or my old name, there is one problem less which is very easy to fix. I am quite tempted to just quit this game again. Seriously, why did they bother to change my name with the PLAT EXPLOIT going on. They do have the time to change it, but they don't have the time to change it back. No love for customers, even if they have been loyal to the game for 12 years. Daybreak, if you wish to lose loyal customers, go ahead and treat them like ****, just as you are doing with me.
  5. Jess New Member

OH PLEASE DO.

Take those cheating, botting members of your guild with you too, k thx.
    Vainamoinen likes this.
  6. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Well, I think that the dev team would have dealt with the plat exploit and, as you've mentioned, the CS team dealt with your name change. You should probably get this straight beforehand.
    Peachiz and Ceyllynn like this.
  7. Sliceberry Member

Most of you seem to be focusing on personal attacks on me rather than the freaking topic which is abusing the foolish Customer Support Management.

You don't know how much I did for this game. In the early state of EQ2 I made sure all Chinese platfarmers on my server were getting banned to save the economy. And yeah, I joke around with my friends sometimes in channels saying things like that. The thing that you get wrong is that I call my friends bad names, they also call me bad names, just for laughs. You sensitive disneyworld princesses don't seem to understand that EQ2 is part of the internet. Go play World of Warcraft if you want to talk about the sequel of Lilo & Stitch, but stay away from me if you don't know who I am. Judgmental no-life pricks.
    Labeleth likes this.
  8. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Well, you're certainly taking all of the right steps in getting your name changed back, Finding Nhimo. Keep up the good work.
    Ceyllynn and Jess like this.
  9. Sliceberry Member

The only reason why Daybreak hasn't banned you from the forums is because you always agree with them, even if they are wrong. I remember you posting stuff about Battlegrounds. Long time PvP veterans who I played with created threads about things that were bugged or needed to improve. Sadly, you were always there to say that it was meant to be that way. Well, it is probably also meant to be that way that you are just the biggest burden of the EQ2 improvement. Never show your face again in forums, I bet the amount of customers will also start rising.
  10. Sliceberry Member

Then again, you don't know what steps I took. You are only here because of your personal interest, not for a constructive thread.
    The only thing I want is that Customer Support Management can no longer be abused. If I get word of Daybreak that they will look in to it, I will accept the name Nhimo. If not, I will abuse it so hard that I won't be the only player here complaining.
  11. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

You have a better memory than I do because I don't recall most, if any of that. I would be more than willing to never show my face again on these forums if you could give me unequivocal proof that it would increase the player base. I'd be happy to see the game regain some of it's former popularity.

I am here because I completely agree with the actions taken regarding your toons name. I kinda wish I was the one responsible. Another reason I am here is because you are flattering yourself to think that your name, of all the other names that have been changed in this game, deserves special attention. [spoiler] It does not.[/spoiler]

Simply submitted a report to customer service does not guarantee a name change. If that were the case, then CS could be easily abused. Submitting a report for their consideration, is not an abuse of the system in any way.

As for your threats to further abuse aspects of the game, I wonder just how much of a "loyal" customer you really are...
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  12. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a guildmate a few years back on Everfrost server who had a charcter named "Ivotedforobama" and everytime they said ANYTHING in general chat, it would start a heated political debate even if all he said was "hello":confused:
    One day a guide event was going on while a heated debate with this individual was taking over general chat and suddenly he went LD and finally returned and logged in as "Ubercupcake"!
    I thought the name change was awesome, however he petitioned with a list of names he wanted and they finally changed it to one of his choices and there was no 'Ubercupcake" anymore:p
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  13. Sliceberry Member

Hello Kuulei, we met during AoM beta testing but you probably don't remember me. The thing is, I am currently quite a good tank and dps on my home-server and I also joke around with the friends that I made during groups etc.. Sadly, I made some jokes in general channels which caused a small community of about 5 people that barely play the game to report me for whatever they could find on me. These people are at Vains level. Vain for example, never really played this game even though he is disagreeing with EVERYTHING people say on forums. Take a look around in the general discussion where Vain commented on last. It is always negative to the person with an idea. As I mentioned, Vain barely plays the game: http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/438087208770
  14. Sliceberry Member

Just a sad hater who is simply jealous. Nagging and being a burden to constructive threads is his hobby.
  15. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Well, the ad hominem has really kicked in so Imma let you carry on and continue digging your own hole. And, yeah, Vain doesn't play much anymore.
  16. Sliceberry Member

Then why do you have an opinion about stuff you aren't supposed to have an opinion about at all? Just like the other thread where you are being de-constructive in.
  17. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I remember you!:D
    Just petition with up to 5 names you would like and if any are not against the EULA, they will change it to one of your choices (usually if you list several, and say #1 and 2 are not a go and choice 3 is, that's what you will get). There isn't much you can do and as disheartening as it is to lose a name you're known as or used to, sometimes these things happen. :confused:
  18. Sliceberry Member

I am glad there are also people that are constructive. Thanks again Kuulei, you are the type of player that this game needs. Not these losers that I destroyed in arguments at some point who have a permanent grudge against me. You know what you are doing and you are supportive, bless ;)
    Kuulei likes this.
  19. Smite Active Member

As a side thought you could go with LUMO for Lowest Unoccupied Molecular Orbital with a last name that matches the vocation of interest.
  20. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Okay, I will admit that I empathize with you in that you lost your name. I, too, would be pretty upset. I don't, however, agree with your approach, nor do I believe any of what you say regarding your toons previous name.

Anyway, as a form of apology I'd like to show you that every cloud has a silver lining. Your new name may not be something you are currently happy with, but I made a new signature picture for you to use. I think you will like it and it will help you come around to liking the name.

[IMG]

P.S. Apologies for the poor quality. I just whipped this up in Paint. You can certainly ask for someone more skilled to pretty it up for you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.