Forced Namechange due to unprofessional support

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Sliceberry, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sliceberry Member

The thing is, Customer Support Management decided it and a GM didn't. If you can convince one of the support employees you can change the name of every single player: abuse. If this isn't regarded abuse, I will use it and change many many names.

The word homonym is IN the policy. How is the word homonym not offensive according to the people who claim that Nhomo is offensive (maybe Rainomare who seems to have something against homosexuals knows the answer). You don't seem to be offended by the word homonym, which you quoted.

As Adevil said, you can twist all names to be interpreted as offensive or trademarked, THIS IS ABUSE!
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This is not abuse. One or more players found the name offensive enough to take the time to /petition your name. It got changed. The fact that you can't keep it is permanent and non-contestable. At this point, you should be worrying about changing the name to something you can live with, and begging the GMs pretty please to make it a name you sorta like before they slap you with "Johnsmith" or "Mrwiggles" or whatever.
    Ceyllynn and Kittybock like this.
  3. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I remember getting LFG's toon renamed from Bishplz or something like that to Hugme (or something like that).

You're as much of a troll as anyone else, if not more. One must live with the consequences of that trolling or man up.
  4. Kittybock Well-Known Member

The name sounds questionable to me...if it offended someone, they had the right to petition and have it looked into.

At least the GM's were kind in their renaming. A friend from the UK (in our old Freeport Guild) came up with some creative spelling of Vi@gra. A couple folks warned he'd get nailed for that name. Sure enough; he logged one night, came back next day named after a very old Catholic Pope. Now that's a pithy rename...clever GM. It was hilarious!
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

grape gets filtered in game all the time. just sayin....
    Ceyllynn, Kittybock and Feldon like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Dude! GMs ARE Customer Service. Same people exactly.
  7. forumguy3419 Member

It's pretty ridiculous friend, but there's not much you can do about it except roll your eyes at the idiocy and ask them kindly to rename you to something else of your choosing.
  8. Sliceberry Member

Customer Support Management are NOT GMs. GM = Game Master and Customer Support Management = Customer Support Management. Get your facts straight. Besides, this is off topic.
  9. Sliceberry Member

Accusing me of being a troll is trollish behaviour. I did not violate the Naming Policy. I contacted Ms. Windstalker personally and I hope this will be fixed soon.

I am also fine with a free name change, but I didn't get one which you would have known if you read the thread instead of coming here to further upset me.
  10. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I'll make sure to keep them updated on your contributions to chat channels, in that case. We'll use that to determine whether my assessment (and their assessment) of you is warranted.

I said nothing about free name changes, nor do I care what is or isn't fine with you, so I'm not sure why you think I need to read this entire thread. It's pretty much like reading your in-game chat, just more subtle.

tl;dr Man up.
    Peachiz, Sigrdrifa and Ceyllynn like this.
  11. Sliceberry Member

Are you threatening me now? I have been warned already and I am fully aware of what I said. Now I am no longer insulting people in channels. Maybe you are the one that needs to man up.

If you don't care, feel free to leave this discussion because you don't get the point.
  12. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I'm just letting you know that your actions will speak for themselves. I'm glad that you've decided to no longer insult people in chat channels. It shows that you are maturing and coming to terms with the idea that your insults are childish, at best.

I get the point. The point is your name was changed, you got mad, you're still mad, and your name is still changed. And I may, at some point, choose to leave this discussion. It will likely be locked before that, however.
  13. Sliceberry Member

The point is that if you can convince the Customer Support Management that a name is offensive to you, you can change somebodies name, which can be heavily abused. I will make sure a lot of names get changed if mine doesn't get changed back or if I am not granted a free namechange. 50% of the player base has a name that violates the policy.

If you can act childish, I can do so too.
  14. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

frankly.. you get the name back i will report it myself as i find it offensive. welcome to the world buddy and time to grow up.
    Kittybock and Meneltel like this.
  15. Sliceberry Member

Give an explanation why it is offensive.
  16. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

i already did, might want to refresh your reading.
  17. Sliceberry Member

How is the word **** offensive? IT MEANS EQUAL/SAME, STOP TWISTING THINGS AROUND!!
  18. Sliceberry Member

Our entire race is homosapien. Deal with it.
  19. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

no, get it right. we are h o mo sapien sapien.
  20. Sliceberry Member

**** sapiens (Latin: "wise person") is the binomial nomenclature (also known as the scientific name) for the only extant human species. **** is the human genus, which also includes Neanderthals and many other extinctspecies of hominid; H. sapiens is the only surviving species of the genus ****. Modern humans are the subspecies **** sapiens sapiens, which differentiates them from what has been argued to be their direct ancestor,**** sapiens idaltu. The ingenuity and adaptability of **** sapiens has led to its becoming, arguably, the most influential species on the planet; it is currently deemed of least concern on the Red List of endangered species by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature.[1]

Nhomo stands for
    Next Highest Occupied Molecular Orbital
    fyi
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.