First nerf !!!

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Florin, Nov 25, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Sabin the Great Guest

For those of you who say Zerkers can't tank, Get Better Gear. I'm 26 and have good, but not uber gear. My armor lay out looks something like this:
    Steel Platemail Helm
    Steel Platemail Breastplate
    Pristine Forged Steel Vanguard Spaulders
    Laensteel Vanguard Gussets
    Plate Guantlets of Hate
    Pristine Forged Carbonite Vanguard Greaves
    Pristine Forged Carbonite Vanguard Sabatons

Weapon: Forged Steel Morning Star
    Shield: Pristine Conditioned Ash Tower Shield

I do have some rares but as you can see I'm not even using a set of quested armor (which is better than my breastplate, greaves and gloves). If you want to be a tank the key is Weapon + Shield if you're a berserker. While you do gain some damage from dual wielding, I gain somewhere in the range of 230 AC from my shield. Considering my AC is 1524, that's around 15% of my AC. To raise my Attack by an quivalent amount whatever I equiped would have to boost me by 62 Points. While these are rough numbers, if you want to be a tank you can see the importance of a shield. With a shield atleast in the 20's zerkers can be preferred tanks to guardians.
  2. ARCHIVED-Jherad Guest

Probably even later than 26...
    No, we're definitely not an anti-chanter class!
    I regularly group with a guildie enchanter, and to be honest, he makes hard encounters easy. Yes, some of our AoE skills will break mez, but mez isn't the only tool on a chanter's belt, and most AoE skills are per-encounter anyway, so adds are not affected.
    As with all hunting, tailor your fighting style (and therefore which skills you use) to suit the group you play with. Chanter's Breeze buff has to be one of the best buffs in the game imho - The tiny amount of damage lost through not being able to use one or two AoE skills occasionally is MORE than made up for by the fact that you can go crazy with little power loss. Add a bard and its nearly impossible to run out of power :)
  3. ARCHIVED-XxGuerreroxX Guest

hmm... read my post about berserker and aggro in the forum I well explain about berserker. Im the higher berserker in all servers, and as a fact one of the best class if not the best to do damage, theres a damage dumper I want to download but I cant remember whats the name, listen whoever does more damage will keep aggro, wizard, rogue any class that does more damage will be your aggro guy, so berserkers are aggro kings. know why now?.. if we got nerf with that specific AOE damage wait till you get the new ones at higher level, I have like 3 new ones does 300+ damage AE, I think I got it at level 33 or so, anyways berserker is a good fun class to play., at higher levels people get to love you hella more than any other tank class, trust me on this.
    Message Edited by XxGuerreroxX on 12-18-2004 12:58 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-Manopow Guest

well being that itsone month latter and I'm still reading how zerkers are so overpowered and need a nerf.. I'm not sure .. still gona hit 20 tomorrow :)

hope it dont suck to much