First nerf !!!

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Florin, Nov 25, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Florin Guest

Thats right, they nerfed us...and they nerfed us bad.

Blood rage is useless now.
  2. ARCHIVED-Schultz Guest

does everyone else think that we got over nerfed?
  3. ARCHIVED-Ritmo Guest

Gonna go test it out to see if it was a nerf or if it was toned a bit. THeres a difference, bb in a few
  4. ARCHIVED-Ritmo Guest

Lol WOW, we got hit hard.... it does 59 now instead of the 170 I was doing. Good god.
  5. ARCHIVED-Nuvian Guest

they should have halfd it insted of 1/3 it,there are quite alot of skills up the road tho,so we might not be much dependent on that skill anyway when we start getting passed level 30,it was a cool skill tho,we still do nice meele dmg compared to the other tank classes with the skills we get passed level 23-24.
  6. ARCHIVED-Happyfunball Guest

Leave it to some people to be amazed they changed this. Doing over 20 nearly consecutive hits for 120+ on 4 mobs is a bit much. I knew immediately that this was getting fixed the first time I wiped out a group of 4 greens and took only 3 total hits to myself for less than 100 damage. One tic and I was back to full health and full power.

It does seem as though they could have changed the frequency instead of the damage numbers themselves, but one or the other needed to be adjusted.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kanij Guest

-,- )

Yea blood rage is totally useless now. We are just **ZOMG**ty hybrid tanks that have no utility and do no damage at all.

I use to blood rage for around 170-180 now its 49.

Doesn't matter which weapon I use, 2H, Dual wield,1H it cap's at 49 for me.

I hate you sony.
  8. ARCHIVED-Nuvian Guest

tested it now on some grey lions in commonlands,44dmg,but i guess it was coming,still think 1/3 is way 2 much of a nerf,feels more like 1/4 if u ask me,1/2 would be more then nuff,not really worth the hp it cost 2 cast,with that dmg they should just remove the HP thingy,or lower it to 5-10%.

Message Edited by Nuvian on 11-25-2004 11:56 AM
    Message Edited by Nuvian on 11-25-2004 11:56 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Aeide Guest

First, I'll say, I'm a Shaman. So no class bias here. :)

And hell, I think this skill was nerfed completely into uselessness.

You berserkers lose around 20% health, for an ability that may or may not go off, which now caps at 61 damage? Is this right? I don't understand how this is even considered balanced. Is it a flat health cost, or does it cost a percentage? Either way though, I think it doesn't do enough now to balance out with the health hit. That's a significant loss of health, from a healer's point of view. It alarms me when a berserker I'm grouping with suddenly loses this chunk of health, now it's not even worth much increased damage.

Someone clarify if I have this wrong, please. I don't play a berserker, so am a bit unclear as to how it actually functions.
  10. ARCHIVED-Chinadude310 Guest

Yea, they said: Reduced damage on Berserker's Blood Rage, as it was just a smidge overpowered.

Okay what the heck now they completely nerfed it! Now its like the same damage as our fury skill which has a chance to counterattack whenever we're hit! Same damage, but we don't lose health with Fury! Now we got to LOSE health, and do LOW damage on a chance based skill?! Unbelieveable! My fricking mangle or knee break probably hits for more now, might as well save some healer power and not use blood rage and spam all my other attacks!
  11. ARCHIVED-Ryan97Eclipse Guest

ya, so much for getting groups as a tank slot. Guardians are gunna be the only tanks, a fear I've had since release
  12. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

it might have been overpowered, but like most nerfs, it was too much
  13. ARCHIVED-eldarmark Guest

It's a knee jerk reaction, which is typical of new MMOs. Hopefully, with enough complaining and a LOT of /feedback and /petitioning, They'll find a middle ground -- maybe 75-100 damage per proc instead?

Make sure you /feedback it however. They will never realize the players are upset if you don't.
  14. ARCHIVED-Nuvian Guest

dont think this will change much for us 2 be honest,we still hold aggro much better the guardians and SKs at least those ive teamed up with,when with bloodlust on i hardly have 2 press the taunt key 2 hold aggro,and ive been mostly in grps with chanters anyway so i havent used this skill alot,it will mainly effect our solo skill,and that doesnt bother me much,sure it hurt that they nerfed it down to this,1/2 nerf would be nuff,but who knows what will happen in the future,and 1 question does bloodlust stack with blood rage?
  15. ARCHIVED-eldarmark Guest

Well, from what I understand the proc rate is really, really high, but still. That's a huge nerf, and no discussion in here at all by anyone.

With my low (L19 war) damage output I can see where a 30 damage AOE proc each time I hit could still be useful, but, all things considered, I would have been much happier with a 50% nerf not a 66% one. :/

Ah well, back to NWN for me. I was going to hit 20 tonight but I've kinda lost interest.
  16. ARCHIVED-Florin Guest

Thing is most of the ppl dont know what this skill was doing.

I
    t only worked well with a 2h. Not dual, not 1h, only with 2h.

I used to walk into a room with 8-10 mobs lv30 and kill them all in 2-3 secs. and i was lv 27. It had a multiplier on it like 1 mob was generating 1 hit to the mob, 2 mobs were generating 2 hits to each mob and so on. I was happy when i saw rooms with mobs grouped like 8-9. :smileyhappy:

Im not saying it wasnt too powerful, all im saying is still a nerf. You would think after all this time of testing they wouldnt come with such changes. Feels like a pay beta.

Oh well, things start to look like SWG. Who knows what they gonna nerf tomorow, AC? We have to much anyway.
  17. ARCHIVED-Aylindel Guest

Yes for Playes like me to play a Berserkers is total useless now, i see my role not as Maintank in Group i want to do dammage with a Big Axe. I wanted to play a Guardan in Beta but due to a Mistake from me i choosed Berserker and i playd it up to level 27 and was very happy with him so i choosed a Berserker now again. Couldnt wait till i get Bloodrage and had it exact 1 Day i Duo with my Wife (Fury) and this is what happened.

Killing Murkwater Stewards etc. in Sewers (level 18 green Mobs):
    Dammage before Nerf 109 max. 1-2 Procs per fight
    Dammage after Nerf: 40 max 0-1 Proc per fight

Bloodrage is Pretty useless now i dont give up 20% from my Health to do maybe 40 dammage on green Mobs.

Maybe at higher Level it was to powerfull so its ok but almost 70% lesser Dammage is way to much. For my example i could live with 65-70 Dammage then this skill would be still worth to spent 20% HP. The next thing is every single skill does plenty more Dammage and only cost me a few Power my adept1 Wound hit with 58 Dammage per proc on every Mob (orange same as green) ,

Iam really very upset now and thinking about reroll an Assasin or something.

Greetings
    Aylindel
  18. ARCHIVED-Bazkra Guest

Btw i dont know, why some People say, it only worked with 2Hand weapons correctly - Thats not true.
    I tested it a lot with 2 Hand and Dual Weild and it didnt made any difference.
    In addition im nearly always teaming with a Friend - Berserker too - He was using a 2Hand Weapon and i used Dual weild Axes - No difference in proc.

But the Randomness of the Effect makes a real testing very very hard.
    As example i tested Dual weild the first time, i attacked grey ^^ Mobs - The first 2 i had 0 procs, the third got 3, and the next where all average. Same mobs with the 2 Hand axe and no difference.
    Message Edited by Bazkra on 11-26-2004 03:39 AM
  19. ARCHIVED-Draagos Guest

At level 20 I was kicking myself for choosing berserker.

At level 21 I said ok this makes up for it.

Next day SOE starts the infamous nerfing.

Ok so it may have been a "smidge" over powering. Now it's useless. SOE has no idea how to do things in the middle. It's all about extremes for them. Fine if they are going t make changes to our class, when they do they should allow us to respec. There is nothing worse then picking a class because of wha tyou heard only to have what you heard made worthless.
  20. ARCHIVED-Nuvian Guest

i also regreted a bit picking berserker,blood rage made up for it tho,but many groups ive been with have wanted me 2 tank mainly cause berserker holds aggro so well compared to guardians and Sks,and to the guy that wanted serker for dmg im sorry but we are mainly a tank class,if u wanted dmg u should have gonne with scouts or some other class,i went with warrior class mainly to be a meat shield not 2 dish out loads of dmg,sure when ur a zerker u can dish out more dmg then a guardian,but our rolle isnt to be the best dmg dealer in the group on top of our high ac and high HP,we cant have everything.