Fireplaces

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Narrek of Butcherblock, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Both very nice! I had issues with posting embedded pictures, too, until a gentle soul from this forum steered me right (great group here! I just cut-n-pasted this from a saved entry here, but I didn't catch the name [sorry, and thanks again!]):

To get the URL for the image, right-click on it and select View Image. You'll then see just the image in your browser with the direct URL in the address bar. That's what you [copy and] paste into the Insert/Edit image box. Hope that helps.

The "Insert/Edit image box" is the third from the left in the group of buttons that has a chain link, a broken chain link, a picture of a tree (image button) and a film strip (for videos?). Click on the button with the tree, that'll bring up the URL window, where the info you copied goes. :)

Uwk
    Shamus9 likes this.
  2. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you.

With flickr, you have to drill down to a specific picture then copy the image url. Once you do that, you can use the button that looks like a tree inside of a box (Insert/edit image) - located to the left of the button that looks like a strip of film (which, for those that are too young to know, is what they used to use to record motion pictures upon before digital recording was invented) and to the right of the button that looks like a broken link of chain - and paste the url in the appropriate spot within the popup window that appears.
    Shamus9 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Alanducar Active Member

There are so many amazing fireplaces that i will end up liking each post at this point. I kinda wish i had some fireplaces to add to this post but i am not sure my work could even stack up with the amazing ideas here :)
  4. tsumaranai Active Member

dropping one more in the pile. <3 ignore the inharmonious floor colors. they still need tweakingreplacing. anyway, FIREPLACE!!! same home as the bathroom last week.=D

[IMG]
    Geden, Shamus9, Tenchigirl15 and 2 others like this.
  5. Rawl Well-Known Member

very nice everyone!
  6. Alanducar Active Member

This place is going to look fantastic when you get done tweaking it. I don't know about anyone else but it doesn't look too bad now in my opinion. The fireplace is gorgeous as well! Nice job!
    Shamus9 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh...okay, the forum page is being crazy for me. Just wanted to say:

Oh, but I LIKE this place!! It's full of STUFF! :D

I used to have a main character house full of stuff; the new one in New Halas still looks a bit empty...sigh. Gonna take me forever to re-populate it, and I'm still debating about where to put the formal dining room, food, etc. :-/

But it's a great fireplace! ;->

Uwk
    Shamus9 likes this.
  8. Shamus9 Active Member

Can there EVER be enough fireplaces??? Show us yours too! :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Speaking of fireplaces...saw a few (8+) photos of fireplaces you could cook in:

http://www.andersonsmasonry.com/

Seriously, check out their site for some drool-worthy inspiration. Not that I'm shilling for them or anything, but when I Googled "fireplace cooking" a lot of their images came up (plus, they have....free catalogs....). ;->

Some of the outdoor ones, ironically, look a lot like our indoor ones, the ones we can have Carpenters make...the ones with no apparent connecting chimney to the outside. :-/

On the other hand, that sounds like we can put those free-standing ones outdoors without any issues. ;->

A couple more links, lest you think I'm playing favorites:

www.spitjack.com
    (actually, seems to be more of a tools page, but there was at least one photo...)
    www.horoffing.com
    (the one they had on Google, image-wise, looked very New Halasian to me! ;->)

Uwk
  10. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Flickr is a pain for getting a direct sharable URL, that's probably why it didn't work. Try uploading to tinypic or some such next time. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Sharann Well-Known Member

A modern fireplace from my Felwithe home:

[IMG]

A classic fireplace from my Freeport breakout home:
    [IMG]

From my home in Tenebrous Tangle (really basic fireplace):
    [IMG]

Identical fireplace from my Timourous breakout home:

[IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyliena like this.
  12. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I tend to use the photobucket account I made back in my EQ (the original) days.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyliena like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I use deviantArt.com, if nothing else to keep my account current so they don't boot me. ;->

Uwk
  14. Kamoj Well-Known Member

My mystical fireplace in my desert market

[IMG]