Fireplaces

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Narrek of Butcherblock, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Narrek of Butcherblock Member

I've recently become obsessed with fireplaces. Just thought I'd share a few I've done. Very traditional. /sigh... I have no imagination. Sponge Bob stole it!!!
    [IMG]
    I did this for my hubby - Medache - Butcherblock server in Freeport
    [IMG]
    Just started a Lavastorm house in Qeynos for one of my alts, Chiello, on the Butcherblock Server.
    [IMG]
    Lavastorm house - I wanted to do a double sided fireplace...One you could see through to the other side. This is what I came up with. This is the front as you come down the long flight of stairs.
    [IMG]
    This is the same fireplace from the other side.
    [IMG]
    Chiello also has a big house in Qeynos and this if the fireplace as you come in the front door. So traditional...
    [IMG]
    This is Chiello's house in the dining room.
    [IMG]
    Basement gameroom of the large Qeynos house .

Just a few of my ideas for fireplaces. Hope you like them.....
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

I'll say not bad. A bit simple as you said in some cases but defenitly not bad.
  3. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

You think this represents 'no imagination'? LOL.... These are nice! :)
  4. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

very lovely! the one on the second pic look's like an old craftsman fireplace. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Mystfit Well-Known Member

You have entered into a grand eq2 tradition! Creating our own flireplaces was one of the first big adventures decorators went on as our craft evovled and is still a favorite of mine! Thanks for sharing and keep having fun!
    Spindle, Kisy, Truian and 2 others like this.
  6. Tock Member

Seeing one of Adeste's fireplace creations is what got me started on this crazy decorating kick. 8 years and counting!
    Geden, Kisy and Jazabelle like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I still love the constructed fireplaces.

One currently in my paladin's home:
    [IMG]

Another from my pally's house, it has since been replaced with a new single-unit fireplace to save item count:
    [IMG]
  8. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Yes, I remember some of the first fireplace posts on the forums. And it was visiting Adeste's house that got me started, too! *grin*

Very nice fireplaces. Traditional or not, fireplaces are fun! I have a variety of my own, and they're always one of the first things I build in a house.
  9. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Screenshots of fireplaces and aquariums on this forum got me even deeper into decorating. :) Love the ones that have been shared so far here!
  10. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Ah, fishtanks! Remember when our only water option was the mystical mirrors ;)
    Kisy and Cyliena like this.
  11. Afista Well-Known Member

:eek: I prefer to block painful memories from my mind lol
    Kisy and Truian like this.
  12. Mystfit Well-Known Member

13. Rolaryn Active Member

O wow, I hope its ok if i use ur double sided idea..think i wanna make a 4 sided with vamp mirrors and ice tile top and stick in the middle of my tenbrous island...its covered in ice/snow and I think that would look awesome!!! the burning wood inside...what exactly is that?
  14. Narrek of Butcherblock Member

Hi Everyone! Thanks for all the kind reviews of my Fireplaces. Rolaryn, those are the fireplace logs you can purchase in New Halas from the Housing Merchant that stands in front of the starter home. You can get the lit version or the un-lit version.
  15. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Ahhh, fireplaces, I always loved fireplaces. Premade ones are great but some times, you just need something more!

Here are mine

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Massive central fireplace
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Charlice, Geden, Feara and 3 others like this.
  16. Athenia Well-Known Member

Digging this up again because I adore custom-built fireplaces! <3

I know these first two I built after seeing Senya's fireplaces, so I will defer credit to her for these since she was the source of the idea. :)
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Fireplace I built in a guild hall for someone! Found a nice spot for their dragon:
    [IMG]

This one I put in my Necromancer's home:
    [IMG]

This one's not so much a built-from-scratch fireplace as it is a "dressing up" of one of the pre-built ones, but I thought I'd include it as well:
    [IMG]
  17. Faeonara Well-Known Member

[IMG]

[IMG]

I love all the fireplace ideas here and thought I would share these two I made recently :)
  18. Shamus9 Active Member

These are all so beautiful! OP, yours are not "simple", they are wonderfully ambient & inviting.

I am new here, & once I found out that there was a Vale of Halflings, I have wanted one (real bad) for each of my characters. I am just waiting now for the next double SC or prestige home sale weekend. :)

The first thing I thought upon setting foot in the Vale was "This feels & sounds like my RL HOME. I could live here!" My next thought targeted the fact that I will need fireplaces! (I currently have the Prestige Lavastorm Homes. Those have plenty of fire built in.)

Sooo, my question is, how do you make these? I am looking for very easy, hopefully just purchasing components & placing them in the house for now. I have no clue how to use the program folks talk about to create such breathtaking & beautiful homes/ gardens. I am delighted with EQ2 all around and so busy trying to learn my class & explore that I think I am not yet ready to tackle a designing program. But any advice on how to put just a warm little fire in the Vale house would be so welcome!

I am truly astounded at all of the talent displayed in this thread. You guys are awesome!
  19. grlnxtdr Active Member

I've yet to build a fire place, none of the houses I've worked on so far has needed an accent like this. I Love all the ones you have posted. I did "TRY" To build an out door Kitchen with a fire pit oven, but I could never find anything that looked just right for the grill. Maybe now with the new Pitch and Roll feature, I will try a Fireplace in one of my houses. Right now I have a case of Too many Houses with too many Ideas rolling in my Head. I'm Nearly done with the Gorowyn Manor I got from LoN (I've blocked off the interior, and worked exclusively in the Breakout, which is HUGE! I'll let you know when it's Finished if anyone wants to see it. I'm just waiting to get a few more accents from the Moonlight Enchantments this month), plus I am working on my Second TT island, a Hua Mein house, a Court of the Masters house, and a vale of Halfpint Delight, and I have atleast 4 other houses I haven't even started on yet, although I have a plan for one of them. The other 3 I haven't even had a chance to think about what I am going to do yet.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  20. Cyliena Well-Known Member

This morning I finished putting the fireplace I originally created in my Maj'Dul Chateau in my revamped version of my Modern Wantia Abode (WIP). The only differences are that I worked in a Sandstone Hearth, flipped backward, to get the chimney stack from it and added a Paineel screen as a grate in the front.

[IMG]
    Geden, Afista, Spindle and 1 other person like this.