Feyiron and indium.....the new rares?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze, Sep 28, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Glacier@Kithicor wrote:
    More than aware of that.
    There is no place at all in DoF that has enough stone or rock harvests to keep even a single harvester happily harvesting away. Add in even one other person going after the same resource and there is no point in being out there.
    Using common ore as an example, Iam able to get a full stack in about 45 minutes from any T5 zone, and along the way I manage to do a food quest and get enough of several other harvests to see me through with them on other tradeskillers.
    In DoF it takes me about 2 hours to get a full stack of ore, twice that if there is compitition.
    I know where every single rock spawn in DoF is, as I harvested them relentlessly back when it was new content.
  2. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Oakthicket@Permafrost wrote:
    Gone from live, yes. But hopfully they can be put back up at a later date, after some refining and quest dialouge re-writes, to be more permanant fixtures. I used to love doing the T5 harvesting writs for the tradeskill societies.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ohiv Guest

The only "problem" I've had with hard metal clusters has nothing to do with gathering them, had everything to do with the sheer volumn I needed for my armorer and before alot of ww revamp him too. Seriously if your having a problem getting enough resources just go farm more. I know it might be mind numbing, have a drink or two while you do it. Relax Rome wasn't built in a day and you shouldn't level from 1 to 80 in a day either. Both took time, so don't get overly worked up about it.
    NOW that being said yea pre SS it was anoying to actually farm for anything period because basically you need to clear cut to get the node you want and then hope you get what you want instead of more freaking loams. THe SS teir is only anoying if you limit your self to Sinking sands and then limit yourself to only doing orc highway or the crock caves during prime time. Other then that it really is fine, I suggest check out the eq2 world you might find there are other places to farm.
  4. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Its only an "issue" in comparison to what it takes to get the same job done at other tiers, both higher and lower.
    Its not something that would come close to stopping me doing what I want to do, but I still see a place for instanced T6 harvesting, if there is an appropriate place to add it, and time to implement it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Holymoly@Runnyeye wrote:
    Can that person or persons prevent you from going out and harvesting your own? No. Therefore they cannot corner the market. At no time at all are you forced to go to them.

But... if you want the easy way out, you can CHOOSE to pay the price and buy on the broker. CHOOSE to spend time or CHOOSE to spend coin. It's still your choice and there is no market "cornered" and no possible monopoly.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

I don't get this. I harvest T4 pretty frequently (read: Daily) and have stock piles of Feyiron and Indium. The only thing I do differently than most is that I harvest every single node and then do a re-sweep of the zone to grab the re-spawns which are typically ore nodes since there are tons of them available because of the cherry pickers.
  7. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    OK...I think there is a difference of definition here. When I say "market" in these circumstances I am referring to the broker. As you say everyone is able to go out and harvest and that is what I do.....no mean feat when you are levelling a complete stable of tradeskillers and there are multiples at t4 and t6 .
    Thing is though......if you're doing a rush order and suddenly find you're short 3~4 clusters....do you cancel the writ and go out and harvest or do you just quickly buy them off the broker?
  8. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Spyderbite@Venekor wrote:
    I think it fair to say that the majority of us on this forum will be doing exactly this. The problem in zones where there are no real concentrations of nodes is that if you're not alone (/shudder) then what you'll find is that on your second sweep someone else has already picked those cherries. This isn't a problem when broker prices are low and the lazy people just buy them there but when they're sky high even the lazies get off their butts and ride.
    Hmm.....maybe the harvest bot in guildhalls won't be such a bad thing after all.....the lazy people can use that and I'll get all my sweet, sweet nodes back
  9. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Liljna wrote:
    Yeah.....you probably DO smell better
    Just to be specific, at t4 there are "enough" ore nodes (although they ARE constantly being cherry picked). No, my problem here is that I get roughly 3:1 loams to ore. I think in one particular half hour highlight I ended up getting more rare loams than I did feyiron
    Don't get me started on the RNG I'm telling you.
  10. ARCHIVED-zaneluke Guest

psistorm wrote:
    Solution. Spend that THREE FULL HOURS leveling your adventure toon. Pretty easy fix.
  11. ARCHIVED-zaneluke Guest

Holymoly@Runnyeye wrote:
    Ok I have been around since launch. Did level a couple crafters under the subcombine system. Have harvested all my own raws, period.

If you have been playing the game for three plus years then you should know how to harvest teh difficult teirs.

Not trying to be rude but i think the suggestion is another way to just make the game easier. Playing as long as you have you should have craploads of vetren rewards right? I use my tradeskill potions for the hard teirs. I also harvest early sunday morning or at 4-5 est before i head off to work.
  12. ARCHIVED-miramis82 Guest

I used to think Ore and Stone was a pain in T6, until I found the mushroom caves in LFay, it's the only good harvesting I've found in Faydwer to be honest. If only there were more den and root nodes, there wouldn't be such a strain on SS and we higher levels could leave that for the younger toons instead.

The entire Faydark is so pathetic for harvesting that most still use the old zones instead, if the faydark had more concentrations of nodes it would take the strain off the old world zones.
  13. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

zaneluke wrote:
    Yup...do all that. Really not looking for a way of skilling my way up out of the "difficult" tiers. More just asking for nodes to pop a little more evenly and for those with more than one result for they to be more even as well. Then you go from the sublime to the ridiculous at t7 where each resource pretty much has its own island and there are fields of nodes for everything.
    Some form of compromise required here methinks.
  14. ARCHIVED-psistorm Guest

zaneluke wrote:
    Sounds like a good one, but Ive done just that. eventually I was about to outlevel my friend I play with (and whom I also level my armorer for, because he and my crafter alt wear plate, as well as another friend´s characters). Aside from switching off exp, i just ran out of stuff to do in EL, since everything was ^^^ heroic and we could neither solo nor duo that content.
    Now that Im 47, farming is easier, since I now can and do go into the runnyeye entrance area, where enemies con grey or low green and are actually not a danger to me anymore. Though i still think that its a real trouble for anyone in the 30 to 39 range to really keep up with his harvesting without pulling the break on adventuring to gather all the iron needed to progress.
    Also, ive found that the heroic areas have an almost exceptionally better yield of ore nodes, thus I dont quite understand why people in the 50 level range insist on farming the starter areas of EL
  15. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Liljna wrote:
    Bloody ... that sneaky wench HAS been filching from my shared bank. /Shakes her fist at Director Jasmine
    I do really think that nodes on Mara will fix any problems people still have with T6 harvesting. They (the dev types) already tried to make Tenebrous Tangle T6 and having one more area of that tier to harvest would certainly not hurt. DOF is much improved from it's original state, but EOF other than a couple areas for ore really is the pits for harvesting (at any tier)
    To answer why lvl 50+ folks don't harvest in the area near Runnyeye, they are just too lazy to run back there, sad as that is the only thing that would make that a higher priority area would be to add fast trasport back there heh. (I do but I just happen to like that area for harvesting)
  16. ARCHIVED-zaneluke Guest

psistorm wrote:
    When i harvest an area I start at the beginning of the zone and work a circle. Get to the end and everything is repopped. Other people out harvesting never comes in to my equation.
  17. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Vanderlay wrote:
    Your post is insulting and unfounded.

Spend several hours harvesting and you get stacks of every material except feyiron and indium clusters. They are ridiculously RARE. At least make the stones return 50% cluster and 50% loam.
  18. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    In all my harvesting I have never seen it too far off of a 50% split... Indium is not rare but for some reason people have a hard time finding it. Feyiron on the other hand is pain however I would not call it RARE. I think T5 needs to be fixed to be more inline with T4 or T6 spawns.
  19. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Glacier@Kithicor wrote:
    I haven't read such nonsense in a long time. DoF is one of the hardest places to find resources. Find one root, or one node, and then run around for 30-45 seconds before you find another one. Or circle around and around getting just a few nodes each time.

If there is more than 1 person harvesting any one 'circuit', then there just aren't enough nodes. Have you actually looked at the price of succulent roots? I guess they decided that deserts don't need roots...

If I need T6, I go to Lesser Fay. Thank God I'm not agro there.
  20. ARCHIVED-Thicket Tundrabog Guest

With respect to indium, there sure is a lot of misinformation in this thread.
    It's been a while, but I filled up two boxes with indium clusters which sold for 2 copper on the broker for numerous months. The reason it was so cheap is that players were harvesting to get rares for their Tier 6 spells. I well remember the competition for the harvests. EoF wasn't out yet, so SS and PoF were the only zones to harvest. What's changed is that very few people are harvesting Tier 6 nodes anymore. That's great for the harvesters but a pain for folks that want to buy indium on the broker.
    There are two distinct harvesting circuits for metal, plus numerous other places where nodes always spawn. There is little competition for the harvests. One circuit is in the Croc Caves. The other circuit is along the west zone wall of SS with a loop at the northwest corner of the zone. The nodes respawn before you can finish the circuit. Both circuits include an optional side trip to harvest nearby metal nodes.
    Methinks that posters claiming a shortage of indium are embellishing the difficulties.