Feyiron and indium.....the new rares?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze, Sep 28, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    The ore-to-loam ratio in all tiers is 1:1 consistently. Very small harvest runs may be off a little because of the RNG, but pretty uniformly, you get equal amounts of ore and loam as the number of nodes harvested increases.

I know this because I use a little Harvesting plug-in to the free utility Advanced Combat Tracker that parses out harvested items. To prove this ratio, I parsed some harvesting, and my full results are reported here.

You just need to harvest more, lad.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ohiv Guest

Holymoly@Runnyeye wrote:
    OK now I'm calling BS. THe ratio of ore to loams is 1:1 you are obviously not harvesting enough to even see that. Heck usually in over an hour period I will see that except for T4 or lower because of the harvest mechanic so instead of 1 hour it takes about 2 hours till it balances out.
    Now about cherry pickers, I will use spider as my source on this comment. That's ok just go in after them and pick right behind them. Seriously at the time it was a bit iritating that he said that to me, but since then you know what I do see the wisdom behind the comment. Seriously just keep the area clean and eventually the other person will leave. More importantly thou while they will get some of the "nodes" you want you will also be getting them too because you know the respawns where and when they do not.
  3. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Ohiv wrote:
    Should be I agree....
    However I can just report what I find....and please don't patronise me for "not harvesting enough", check out my stats on Players to see how many rares I've harvested over the years.
  4. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Holymoly@Runnyeye wrote:
    If the numbers you come up with though are from your memory, then what you report is skewed by perception. That's why I started using the harvest parser (see my post above for links), so I could see what the real numbers were.

I was really, really surprised to find out ore and loam fall in equal amounts. But they do, and in every tier. The thing that shifts is how many rares you get - because that's affected by your skill and whether you roll on the regular node loot table or the bonus table.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    pulls vs number pulled

The pulls are 1:1 but if you're averaging bigger numbers per pull on loam vs ore, you'll have more loam in your bag than ore. Most people only look at number pulled rather than pull vs pull.
  6. ARCHIVED-zaneluke Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    For indium there are about 55 to 75 node spots in sinking sands alone that can spawn either a soft or hard metal node. Its a pretty easy circut to run.