Feedback from a raid leader.

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Lentire, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Lentire New Member

There are 3 things id like to see changed in the new content from my point of view as a raid leader.

First, Obols are silly, i have to loot out each individual one from each trash mob in AoA i would much prefer these just be dropped from the bosses and everyone gets one, or at least make them not ethereal so they can be round robined that would save me a gobs of time. I literally don't even hit any of the trash in AoA i just run around clicking boxes..

Second, The adorn system is dumb. I kind of get where you're going, but honestly just dropping the rune would have been a much better approach. I DO like that they drop in raids, but why pre-adorn items? I also like that you can now pull adorns out, and i really don't care that it kills the item.

Third, Put the plat back in the chests. Honestly guys we use that for our guild halls, i know plat is easy but just because SOME people run through PR religiously and stockpile plat doesn't mean all of us want to, give us back our monies so we can pay our rent!

Anyway, perhaps a redundant thread but i wanted to put my opinion out there

Thanks for the read

~Lentire
    Emms, Everdog and Tylia like this.
  2. Balbasur Active Member

Disagree they should just giver us back red shards and have a merchant available for those who completed the questline, for us to purchase them; much like in DOV.
    Kalderon likes this.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

I can agree to many of those points. Frankly I would rather they add plat to current raids and cut the plat from TSO/ROK in half to discourage farmers. Sure people still will do so but at least you get more reward for doing current content.

Experience also is backwards. I gain more XP by running Skyshrine contested than I do ST contested because I can kill faster in SSC since STC has so many power-drains and the like that I spend 70% of my time in there auto-attacking. Not even Plane of War drains power THAT hard.

I should be rewarded the most for running whats current and have the option to get the rare pieces of previous GU/Expansions to fill in some slots with what is on par with EM Raid gear.
    Neiloch likes this.
  4. Daalilama Well-Known Member

I agree as well and do believe the fact they didnt include a faction merchant to purchase the red/yellow/war runes (once their looted) is total fail.
  5. Crychtonn Active Member

I detest the way you have to get adornments this expansion. Minus the green adornments that were done correctly and drop seperately. By the way having a double standard on how adornments drop make it even more annoying what was done with red and yellows.
    Neiloch and Emms like this.
  6. Everdog Member

And green adornments are very annoying too.
    Raid Leaders need to set their loot options 'All Items' and 'Leader Only' when they click chests off Nameds.
    Despite that green adornments are tagged as treasured, you need to choose 'All Items' if you don't want them to be looted randomly.
    I am tired of asking "Did someone get any green adornments?"
    or check my log to find or not to find someone who got green adornments.
  7. PeterJohn New Member

Don't forget the pristine astral materials! Those are considered treasured so they usually get autolooted by random raidmember if loot is set to legendary+ which is ludicrous.

Please make obols treasured so they can be randomed, and pristine astral materials legendary so they won't be randomed.
  8. Chronus Active Member

Agree with PeterJohn on that one.

However on the plat thing, no it wasn't really used for guild halls. When I raid led I had auto coin split on, as was guild tradition at that point, the tens of thousands of plat in the plat split was generated entirely through alt loot sales + maybe 1 or 2 slrs to the server a month which then payed for the guild hall for about a year once, then went straight to members.

In my current guild the guild plat is used to pay for the best pots, the best food and drink and the best arrows but we're still putting out a healthy plat split each month, the plat is fine. It would have made more sense to get rid of the plat in SF and before zones or change it to x amount of plat per y amount of members in raid at time of kill but it's not that huge a deal, no raider is struggling to make ends meet as it is.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I do think there should be plat. Some raiders may be flush, but I'm an adornment snob and I want all fabled adorns, and I spend money buying either the adorns or the ingredients to craft them, depending on which is more economical at the time.

And seriously, when we're working on progression, the last thing we need is to slow things down EVEN MORE to auction loot rights. Later, once we have a zone on farm status, then we'll sell stuff. But not at the moment we aren't!
    Neiloch likes this.
  10. Thalador Active Member

I agree with everything OP suggests. The one thing I miss from DoV days is the rate of masters dropping in raid zone chests. I think in Kraytoc's a master was in every chest. Granted most of the raid force is all mastered, but was great for alts and to be purchased by non raiding guildies.
  11. Chronus Active Member

Masters would be cool.
  12. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Agreed....
    Neiloch likes this.
  13. Tylia Well-Known Member

You really shouldn't make encompassing blanket statements like that. You are assuming that all raiders are in the same situation as you and that just isn't true. You are just perpetuating the misconception that ALL raiders have more plat than they know what to do with. Plat most definitely needs to be turned on in the chests in raid zones. Some of us raiders actually miss it and could make very good use of it. If you don't want yours... I take donations! ;)
    Neiloch likes this.
  14. Chronus Active Member

Our weekly upkeep for our guild hall is less than 22p. We sell alt loot at min bids of 50p, I just don't see how a guild can't cough up 1/3 the price of a mana a week and how chests that gave that much a kill and more are essential for guild hall upkeep. That argument just doesn't hold up.
  15. Tylia Well-Known Member

I was not speaking solely of guild halls. I was speaking of individual players who raid. Our guild does not do SLR. We do not have monthly plat splits. The income I was receiving from the chest drops in raids has disappeared, but my costs have not. I still have to repair. I still need food/drink/potions/totems/adornments etc. Those items are not supplied by my guild, and I do not expect them to be. There is more to consider than just the cost of guild upkeep.
  16. Chronus Active Member

If you don't do it by plat how do you do alt loot? Every guild I've ever had a part in and those of my friends has done this. If you do but have no plat splits what is it spent on?
  17. Tylia Well-Known Member

Once again, you assume too much. Just because that's how you and your friends have always experienced it, does not mean that is how it is universally done. Loot from raids is bid on with dkp, for mains and alts. If there is no one who wants an item, it is transmuted and the mana and/or infusion is put in the guild bank. This is not an "unheard of" or "unusual" practice. Seriously.. not every raid guild does SLR auctions! ;)
  18. Tigerr Well-Known Member

+1... Those obols are annoying as hell lol. Should let us buy red adorns/warrunes with them, considering 99% of the obols are going towards alt loot + keys. And please let us buy warrunes from Kael or Steward once we looted them. If I get a new ranged/charm, I'd have to make my old charm appearance only and some of us actually switch stuff out per fight. Not losing a redslot item because SoE has no common sense.
    Tylia likes this.
  19. Chronus Active Member

So your guild actively discourages getting gear for your main unless you have 2 pots of dkp, kewl. That was the thing which I wouldn't assume from a raiding guild that changes it.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Guilds not only pay for guild halls, but amenities such as the flag, the stat banners, high quality food, drink, potions, ammo. Some guilds subsidize repairs at their GH mender. It's not unusual for guilds to purchase adorn materials or masters for raiders. Anything that the guild buys that increases the overall performance of the raid adds to everyone's enjoyment.

For every piece of new gear I win, I need at least 200 plat in either cash or adornment components for fabled white adorns. Especially at the start of an expansion, when we all are gearing up faster, it EATS money. So do masters. But adornments are what consume most of my hard won plat.
    Tylia likes this.