Feedback from a raid leader.

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Lentire, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Thalador Active Member

Draylore -

1. I agree to an extent. Make them treasured so loot options can be set. Ethereal is just plain dumb.

2. Red adorns on gear has become problematic in raids. People now want to bid against people who can use the item just for the adorns. Nice try, but a better fix would be to add a red adorn merchant in the City somewhere.
  2. Neiloch Well-Known Member

-Give everyone an obol on raids (like shards in DoV) or just get rid of them on raids outright
    -DoV adornment system was fine. If you dont want it working that way anymore at least make them drop unattached.
    -plat in chests, i'm not feeling poor now but I am sure down the line I will find myself quite broke unless I start farming outside of raiding.

Needing to do 'maintenance content' outside of raids to accomplish raiding is silly. Running dailies, weeklies, and steamrolling group zones for example. I hate it.
    This is a big reason why I quit raiding on Rift and SWTOR then came back to EQ2. Because in EQ2 I can afford to raid without having to farm plat outside of raids. If raiding can't be self sustaining my chances of continuing to do it go down a lot.
    Kalderon likes this.
  3. Thistleclaw Member

I am a guild leader/officer and a raid leader. We do not SLR. In all honesty, there is no real need for plat split but having it for guild expenses is double plus good. Our guild pays for all raid potions, poisons, mending, amenities, some adornments etc. with the raid boxes. We have a good solid padding to lad on that will last us a while but eventually, our savings account will run out. I hate to go to irrelevant content just to farm plat. Seems silly. Is that what you all at SOE thinking we will do? Just a little /boggle'd the plat hasn't been put in chests yet. Has there been anything official as to why it was left out?

In short....please put plat back in the chest. Think of the children....

EDIT to add...obol in chests are a pain. We dedicate one officer to /ran everyone who can loot and keep moving. I second or triple to make them treasured to round robin and make the astral mat legendary.
  4. Boli Active Member

* Red / Yellow Adorns should drop separately; at the very least war-rune adorns should drop separately if others are attached to armour.

* Obels currently only offer gear of a lower quality of raid gear and a key for alts... they have no place in a raid.

* tbh plat should added back to all raids; and even an option added so that instead of "choose not to split plat" but an option to put all plat received straight into the guild bank.
    Thistleclaw likes this.
  5. Tylia Well-Known Member

Why is the raid leader's fault if a member decides to make unwise decisions about how they use their dkp? There does come a time when adults need to start making grown up decisions on their own. It is not the raid leader's job to parent the raid force.

We don't "require" the use of ACT or GC, but some members do use them. Yes we use an MA and expect members to "do the right thing" as far as that goes, but once again it comes back to members making their own "grown up" decisions and logic. This IS a game. This IS for fun, relaxation, and socialization. Our members are adults and as such, are expected to make adult decisions. Our raid leader is not a babysitter, and we do not treat our members like children. ;)
  6. Draylore Well-Known Member

I agree....it is not the raid leaders fault.

But.......I ask........define what an 'adult' decision is in a MMO when it comes to 'upgrade'.

Member A: Long time member, has gotten all the gear drops possible for his/her class that their raid can get.
    Member B: 1 month new member......still needs several gear pieces.

Both adults...both know what is an upgrade for them. Obviously for Member A those upgrades come in .5 to 1.0 stat increments most likely. Can hardly call him a 'child' because for him upgrades come in small chunks...its the nature of the game.

Item drops that had adorn that would be 'upgrade' for member A yet gear would be 'upgrade' or member B.

IMO in an adult raid with adults like these both have a valid claim to the item.....but I GUARANTEE Member A would be looked down on for bidding.

Again.....this whole new system adds nothing of any real advantage and just creates more trouble....even possible trouble for guilds.
  7. Tylia Well-Known Member

We are not taking in to account the idiotic way that the pre-adorned items of this expansion have been implemented. However, your example would still fall under "main" bids and not "alt". That is a whole new can of worms that must be worked out within each guild's bidding loot policy.
  8. Iowna New Member

I come from being a former raid leader prior to my current guild..
    Obols would suck to give out, luckily the raid leaders/officers in my current guild go from bottom up one day and top down the next and try balancing the middle out in time. Seems to work, but is still time that should not have to be spend.

And personally, I see nothing I would even want to spend Obols on.

As for the red/yellow adorns..
    I like the new system, makes an actual need for the crap gear to drop, reasons to kill all these nameds which have zero upgrades for the entire raid besides the 1-3 HM's the zone has. I see little problems with any of the runes that drop besides the potency/crit bonus ones. I think since the expansion we have seen 3-4? Crit bonus ones drop and similar that number in potency. That is a bit off, I would think considering you need 4-7 of them for almost every member of the raid. It will take the entire expansion to gear up a raid with the new adornments (assuming no attrition even). Unless that was your intention all along.

As for plat in chests, I never noticed it was gone.
    If it isn't in the chests now, it should be added. To prevent the farming of plat, if that was the goal, when a new expansion comes out remove the plat from the chests in the expansion before or something. That cannot be terribly difficult to do, and would remove the problem.
    Coriel likes this.
  9. Everdog Member

1, I want obols to be randomed,so plz make them treasured.
    2, Plz make green adornments Legendary+ and plz plz make sure that eq2 loot option system considers them as they are shown(treasured, legendary. fabled). Currently, Green adornments are being randomed even if you choose treasured+ and leader only while they are shown as Treasured.
    3,Plz make Astral Materials Legendary+ so that they are not going to be randomed cuz of using Legendary+ as loot settings.
  10. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Read it again, that's not what I said. Its a raid leaders fault if clearly unwise decisions are ALLOWED to be made that could easily be prevented. The same way it would be a foreman's fault for injuries on a work site if they aren't properly enforcing safety regulations that would have prevented said injuries. Taking responsibility for those under you, enforcing rules and employing strategies: These are the types of things leaders do, without them all you have is a superficial title.

I'm interested in what adult environment you deal with that gets things done efficiently but has little to no rules on conduct or what you incorrectly call 'babysitting.' Would love to see you on a sports team, large art project or other goal oriented activity and calling leaders who lay down rules and strategies 'babysitters' while insisting everyone be able to just do what ever they want to see what gets done.

Its obvious you run a casual guild which is fine, but to try and denounce those who have more structure as 'babysitting' is outright ignorant, even in a entertainment setting.
    Kalderon likes this.
  11. Kalderon Well-Known Member

1. We do random the obols in raid/groupoptions.
    2. Have no problems with astral Meterials&Green adorns.
    It´s like gentelmen agreement, that only bid on adorns are made, when none of the main do need the item. This is not that opti, but a way to go, with less trouble.
    Sometimes (mostly i), do retreat from loot rights to push younger member. As it is a push to the hole raid, if the new ones get up faster and do good to the hole raid.
    But then again, if the runes would drop seperatly, would be better. Another option would be, to strip of rune, without destroying the item, which then can be rolled out to those who need them (even raidalts ^^)
  12. Tylia Well-Known Member

First of all, I was never trying to "denounce" anyone, or any other guild. I was simply stating my opinion and the way that works for our guild. And trying to denounce those who run a more relaxed and casual setting than what you participate in is outright ignorant, especially in an entertainment setting. [The road runs both ways there]

Next, we do have "rules" on conduct. We are not discussing guild member conduct. We are discussing methods of bidding on loot. I consider your defined practice as "babysitting". You consider ours "ineffective" and "unwise". That's fine. I'm not here to change your mind and you are not going to change mine. I am just replying to posts with my thoughts. ;)
  13. Neiloch Well-Known Member

You do realize calling it 'babysitting' is denouncing, right?
    Please outline where I denounced a casual setting. I literally said "Its obvious you run a casual guild which is fine" So apparently I'm fine with it and not denouncing it. Weird how things work out when you read things literally and try not to interpret or twist their meaning so you can get an easy counter-punch in. At worst I am denouncing your specific system. Even casual raiding can be improved upon with a better system than the one you have laid out.

I don't 'consider' your methods relatively ineffective for raiding, they are relatively ineffective. Its a measurable matter of fact. No opinion, criticism, meta-physics or philosophy needed. If your system 'works for you' or are fine with the results that's great but understand it in context: it can be better and other systems are demonstrable better, the ones you call 'babysitting.'
    Chronus likes this.
  14. Tylia Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter if there is a system that is "better" [in your opinion]. It doesn't matter one whit or iota what you think about the system we use. And I could really care less what your opinion of it is. As I said, I was simply stating my opinion and thoughts in reference to the conversation. And it shouldn't matter one whit or iota to you if I call your system "babysitting". Oh, and I will concede that you did not "denounce" a casual setting. You denounced me by calling me ignorant, which is fine since it obviously made you feel superior. ;)

And now I am done with this conversation because it is just going in a useless circle that is completely off track from the original topic and for that I apologize to the OP. Have a nice day!
  15. Coriel Active Member

Armor drops from trash mobs were put in specifically to circulate red adornments. The quantity of trash drops seems decent enough to equip a raid force with the red adornments needed IF the adornments on trash armor would better reflect the distribution of adornments used by raiders.

The fix needed for the adornment situation is minor really: Change the drop rate of red adornments to match their desirability.
  16. Malleria Well-Known Member

We need MORE AMMO CONSERVATION!
  17. Estred Well-Known Member

Screw that I want -% Hate on all the fighter things!

/sarcasm off.

Really though could we get some form of Smartloot on Adornments? At least have the adorn sets based on Archetypes.
  18. Iowna New Member

I asked Kander about smart loot at SOE Live, in order to do smart loot with armor, each class would have to have their own sets, and from previous experience, dirges want troubs, troubs want assassins.. etc etc.. so they moved away from it.

Would be the same problems with that, so smart loot is not an option.

Changing drop rates, certainly is though.
  19. Arieste Well-Known Member

smart loot for adorns would be:

% of how many people (population-wide) use adorn = % rate of that adorn dropping on gear.

meaning, if 0 people WW use Ammo adorn = 0% drop rate. or maybe 5% or some standard minimum.
  20. Estred Well-Known Member

Well to me I always thought the idea of having each class 2 sets (DPS/Survival or Utility) and 1 sub-archetype set that was a mix of DPS/Survival and one Archetype set that was just a weaker version of the Sub-Archetype set. Take Fighters for example.
    In this system the Archetype is basically T1 and the Sub-Archetype is T2 with Class being T3 armor before you hit HM-Armor-Class Specific.

There is a Warrior, Brawler and Crusader Armor set. With Smart loot there is say... 25% chance that if any Fighters are present, their respective archetype drops versus any non-fighter. So a raid with a Warrior, Brawler and Crusader would have 30% chance to get any of the Archetype armor.

It goes up in quality and specificness as you progress through raid content. The issue is you need at least 30 Unique Raid Bosses to drop all this even at 2-3 pieces per mob with 1 boss dropping say Legs for T1 Fighter/Scout/Mage/Priest. Another boss would be the T2 Archetype armor so Warrior, Sorcerer, Enchanter, etc.

So All Fighters is T1 armor anyone can use Leather and Plate drop from a given boss.

Then later in EM as you start to near the end-bosses you get T2 Sub-Archetype gear for class.
    - Going on fighters that means there is Leather for Brawlers and Plate for Warriors and a slightly different Plate for Crusaders.
    *If that is to much just Leather and Plate difference now works. For scouts this would equate into "Predator/Bard/Rouge" types of Chain.

Now that you have hit HM content class specific T3 armor starts dropping.
    - Fighters now have Monk and Bruiser leather. Guardian/Zerker Plate and of course Pally/SK Plate.

The "last bosses" or the hardest ones at least that are extremely touch (much like VP/UFD were in their respective Expansions) drop the T4 Armor acquired through a shard collected form the bosses and used on the T3 armor.

That may not jive with the Smart Loot system but certainly gives much more variety and properly spaced out with certain abilities you don't need a 25 point STR upgrade for it to be an upgrade... just a proc that is desirable or a bit more CB/PoT for dpsers.

TSO/SF followed that system very well and I heard little complaint about the Raids in those expansions beyond "god X fight sucks" in TSO fights like Anashti Sul, Ykesha, Munzok, Gynok, Gozak and Switchmaster come to mind. In SF fights like Uthgar, Aeron, The Taheric Construct, Maalus Imbued/Sages Imbued and of course XYZ come to mind as fights people "loved and hated".