February 26 Update Changes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Windstalker, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Ucala Well-Known Member

well than I mean you just won't get the guild achievements, no big deal
  2. Kalderon Well-Known Member

So, why put in those achievements anyways oO oh, ok, some peeps do want them ^^ perhaps.... or not....
  3. Vipersx Member

It seems that you did not read their statement correctly. I would have to agree with them, just make sure that 2/3 of your raid force is in one guild. Also, stop crying about having to leave your friends..... Ever hear of a friends list??? Or how about just moving one toon into the raid guild and keeping all your alts in your other guild. Also, you can create your own channels in game so you can always chat with your other friends. Joining a raiding guild is not a big a deal as all you people want to make it out to be. There is no reason you cant be in both your guilds and still play with all your friends. Not to mention you guys say you have a raid alliance, so there you go. Just join your raiders all into one guild... problem solved. Stop being selfish and look at the big picture, this is easier for SOE to maintain and takes little effort from you, if you care about the achievement so bad.
  4. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Which leads to the question, why we still do have guilds if they not that important to anyone, i don´t care much about this at all.... but. If you saying, they have to sacrifice.... why they have to? Cause they raid?
    Is it not just one side you are talking of?
    Doing nothing would be the easy part for soe anyhow oO but is this the ultimate goal to achiev?
    (I´m out for now, gona get home and play more then cry more ^ ^)
    Kraeref likes this.
  5. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Every raid guild exists long years and they have well established groups of friends for many many years. And it's great. When you leave your own long lasting non-raiding guild of your your friends you take a very high probability to become an outsider in a new guild. That guild wouldn't feel any loyalty toward you. And if you are not a better than them player they would eventually get rid of you either forcing you to leave or kicking you out... which is fine. I am not arguing here such situations. It's like for a new kid to enroll to a new school, tough.

We are all too old now to be new kids in new schools. So here are raid alliances. Stay in your guild and raid with few friends or comrades ... Simple.
  6. Vipersx Member

seems a lot of you share a misconception about raiding guilds.... You seem to think they are all super strict, raid 24 hours a day, and have call lists. The true is there are not many of those guilds left anymore. Most guilds on servers are what would be termed casual. They raid maybe 2 to 3 times a week and raids are not mandatory. People are friendly and joke around. As you say you are in a raid alliance with a few friends.... Well take the next step... Have your raid alliance form a guild and all of your friends and fellow raid alliance people can join. Its really quit simple. You do not have to have every toon in the raid alliance guild, you just need the one you raid on. People keep using the term Raiding Guild as a negative thing. This misconception needs to change. You are basically already in a raiding guild... you just choose not to hold the same guild tag, because you are afraid it will change everything somehow. Raiding guild doesn't just have to be about raiding, they can do everything. With the numbers on the servers dwindling, wouldn't you rather join a larger family and bring your current friends and family along so there are more opportunities for you to do things in the game other then play with yourself?

You worry about joining a new guild and being an outsider, well if you are choosing to stay in a guild that doesn't have any active members you are basically making yourself an outsider. There are many friendly people and guilds out there, just need to open up and find the right one for you and your friends to be a part of. Reach out and take a chance, you might be surprised at what you find.
  7. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I've already taken a chance and can see what's going on in raid guilds. Even was told that my accent gives a first impression of being a stupid chick... you know how people may have misconceptions of the one's intelligence judging by one's accent or ability to speak a foreign language...

You are wrong about raiding with regards how it's all casual. It's not. Raid guilds even they raid maybe only 2-3 times a week they still push for an end-game encounters and they still have call or standby lists for avatars.

I love my homemade pop & mom guild with only 5 of us and that is a perfect guild for my nonraiding chars though our leader raids with a raiding alliance on our server.

Edit. Note please that I don't whine about first impressions, I just keep going and doing my job... creating second, third and so on impessions and just not talking in vent.
  8. Crychtonn Active Member

That right there is flat out un true. Most servers have one or two guilds with a call list. Everfrost being an exception with having three I know of (used to be four but one guild did a guild xfer to a less contested server). The majority of raid guilds are casual or at best semi hard core and none have call list.

This whole thread reaks of the entitlement era we live in today. Earth to all the entitled brats with their heads firmly planted in outer space. Every aspect of everything in game and life is not and will not be handed to you just because you feel your Entitled to it. Grow up and deal with the fact the world and assuredly this game is not designed with you as the center of it. Your all acting like a bunch of spoiled children that are crying and having a tantrum because the neighbors kid got a new toy and you didn't.
  9. Mathrim Active Member

Total bullcrap misrepresentation. I am in one of the largest (if not the largest) and oldest guilds in game that runs multiple levels of raid forces and frequently has 55 to 60 players online on raid nights and we do not use ANY call or standby lists. We don't even bother trying to time avatars, etc.

The amount of guilds in game that actually use call lists is probably less than 15 and definitely no more than 25 out of the 250 or so raiding guilds out there.
  10. Belissa Active Member

So does it actually mean that you also NEED to have the 2/3 of a raid for older raidmobs?
    What I mean: You want to do an older x2 zone for the achievement, is it necessary to go with 8 people from the same guild to get an update? If you go with 6 people from the same guild you will not get it?
  11. starbuck Member

will this track retro-actively?
  12. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I don't understand your outburst at all. What kind of entitlement i am talking here? Is not your own guild raiding 4 times a week trying to reach end game? You actually already have done it in pow. Don't you guys watch avatars spawing places and time? AD and trannys do the same. And nothing wrong with it. I don't need anything from your kills if you imply just that though i helped you with a couple of avatars during weekends. Didn't win anything and didn't get upset about it either. So not sure why you lashed at me.

What i require is elemental respect and not lecturing like i am some sort of ******** or a child. I was talking how hard sometimes for a new joiner to get aknowledged by already established guild's core of players. And i actually did say that's nothing wrong with it. As wise russians say the one cannot force others to like them. That is why lots of players keep their chars in small guild by not dealing with such hateful attitude like should i say yours or rather not?
  13. Kraeref Well-Known Member

So not a bs after all. As you pointed yourself very nicely few still have :) i didn't say all, did i?
  14. Mathrim Active Member

No. Your comment in your post is total BS since you didn't use a qualifier at all. If you need me to explain how English works and using generalizations to sterotype by saying Raid guilds that raid 2-3 times a week is an inclusive statement, then by all means, I will.

You tried to insinuate that any guild raiding 2-3 times a week is an end game, call list, avatar camping, guild when in actuality less than 10% of the raiding guilds in game fall into that criteria. I so "very nicely" pointed out the fallacy in your comment. Enjoy.
    Lempo likes this.
  15. Kraeref Well-Known Member

For your so hurt feelings how i speak english let me re-*******-phrase what i said... SOME guilds that raid 2-3 times a week MAY still want to try and reach end game content.
    Does it satisfy you now? Would you want me to repeat it again to make you feel better? Next time i will be very careful to phrase my comments knowing that i have a watcher of perfect english only participants accepted here. Nice to know.
  16. Lempo Well-Known Member

Well when you mix all that up in a blanket statement it appears directed, I'm pretty sure that no one in our guild said that to you in vent, I actually don't believe anyone said it to you at all it is just soemthing that you are spewing because it is convenient. there were 18-20 or so other people that helped kill those avatars that didn't get anything either so whether or not you won anything is irrelevant.
  17. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Where did i say it was your guild?

But whatever.. why i even bother to reply to you? May be my blond moment day.
  18. Mathrim Active Member

My issue isn't exactly with your phrasing but when you take the comment I quoted above and part of your previous comment....
    Your intent seems pretty clear to insinuate that raiding guilds (of which 90% don't even meet your call list criteria) are all hostile and non-welcoming toward new players and people should instead just stick to small 4 to 5 person mom and pop raid alliances.
    Those kind of attitudes and comments can have serious impacts and repercussions on new applicants of which ALL raid guilds existence relies upon. Allowing bullcrap comments like that to stand unchallenged isn't something I find acceptable.
  19. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I wasn't insinuating anything. I said what i said apparently i made a big mistake not to phrase my reply carefully. And you put words in my mouth mot me.. you still are trying to tell me what i said which is funny b/c i don't think you can read minds...

Did i say people SHOULD stick to small guild or they rather stay in them to avoid an unfriendly attitude? Yours apparently not very friendly which supports my observations with regards to hostility.
  20. Lempo Well-Known Member

Of course the one that screams and howls about discrimination and prejudice where there is little to no evidence of it is the first one to toss out a blonde joke. You are truly a piece of work.