February 26 Update Changes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Windstalker, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Mathrim Active Member

I put words in your mouth? You didn't insinuate anything? Do you even bother reading what you type before you post it? Let me just quote what you typed again in case you forgot.
    How else would someone interpret the words "outsider", "wouldn't feel any loyalty", "not better than", "forcing you to leave or kicking you out" as not being anti raiding guild. Apparently me quoting exactly what you said is the same as putting words in your mouth.
  2. Spindle Well-Known Member

CHILDREN! Find a room or create a chat channel and take your petty arguments out of this thread!! Please!!
  3. Dexella Associate Producer

Hey folks,

Since the update has gone live, I'm going to go ahead and unsticky this post.

~Dexella
  4. Dexella Associate Producer

It's 2/3 (66%) of the group size -- so, technically, if you were alone, you'd be 100% of the group, and it would count. If there were two of you, each from a different guild, it would not because only 50% would be from the same guild. If you were able to clear the content with 6 people, 4 of them would need to be from the same guild to get the achievement. Does that help clarify it?

Also, more generally, these achievements are just the initial set. There is discussion about adding other types (quests, tradeskills) in the future.
  5. Lempo Well-Known Member

Just to clarify things further, you also can NOT use a merc unless you have another player from your guild.
    This is the way it should be.
    2 players+1 merc is ok
    2 players +2 mercs is not ok
    3 players +2 mercs is not ok either.

We did a few of these before raid last night. God is Trak ever easy now :p

SOE please do not change the mercs, it makes no sense to assume that they are in the same guild, if they were then they might actually group with you without being paid.

This guild achievement stuff is a nice addition for guilds to work on some old content and encourage seeing some content that they didn't see when it was current. Time needs to be spent on more important thing than catering to isolationists or people with complexes that prohibit them from taking part in anything that they are not in charge of so they make their own guild of 3 or 4 people, they can still do this content if they want but if they want the achievements then they need to adjust to the very simple requirements that are laid out.
  6. Belissa Active Member

Thanks for clarification on that to both of you :)

For testing, I tried the crab in Fallen Dynasty solo (with my merc) and it didn't count, so just wanted some clarification that you actually don't need 66% of the full raid. The way it is now, it is perfectly fine.
    And I agree, some people in our guild didn't do the very old raidstuff (like Angler), so definitely going to do them - even that mentoring down is somehow like cheating anyways, oh well.
  7. Tylia Well-Known Member

Wow, really? Just because someone makes a small guild does not in any way mean they are "isolationists" or "people with complexes". That is almost as bad as saying "you people".
  8. Lempo Well-Known Member

You have individual character achivements, for almost (if not all) of the achievements that are in the guild achievements.
    It is called guild achievements for a reason, it is not "your guild and an assortment of guilded and unguilded channel randoms and players in a guild of their own alts achievements"

There is also nothing that prevents a small guild from getting these achievements as long as they meet the requirements, whch by the way in now way have any restrictions on the size of your guild. A guild of one person can get a good bit of them, and tank and pretty much any flavor of healer can get many, many more and a tank, utility, healer and DPS can get the vast majority of them. This leaves the option of using 2 mercs or any other players to fill up a group. You can take it however you want to take it, but as long as these achievements reward properly which so far all the ones we have went and snagged do they don't need to fool around with trying to placate mixes of 5 guilds making a 4 man group to give achievements to all of them, yes I said 5 guilds making a 4 man group intentionally.
    The playing field is level here, every guild has the same opportunity to get every one of these from The Epic Angler, to HM Statue and beyond, whether or not they are willing to do what it takes to meet the requirements of getting a guild achievemnt is another story entirely.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

SOE added Guild Achievements to fulfill a need/request from the EQ2 Fan Site community. Paying attention to the EQ2 fan site community should be viewed as a wonderful thing, not something people rage about endlessly.

And considering there are 1,618 Achievements in EQ2, yet they only added 180 Guild Achievements, isn't it likely that they'll add other types of Guild Achievements than Raiding?
  10. Crychtonn Active Member

Feldon it's the entitlement age we live in. If they add in something for how some people play the game they are Required by the laws of the entitled that it be made to work for them also. I stand by my earlier statement this thread is filled with entitled spoiled children that are pissed off that the neighbor kid got a new toy and they demand that they have it to.
  11. Tylia Well-Known Member

I have no argument with the way that the guild achievements are set up and earned. What I had a problem with was your judgement (and labeling) of those who choose to be a part of a small guild. ;)

Edit to add: Go back and reread the portion of your post that I quoted. That was the basis for my response to it.