Experimenting needs to be addressed.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Schlumpo, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Meirril Well-Known Member

And again I've never used it and as long as I actually take a break between 5 combines I won't run out of power. You actually don't need to take a break between every craft, just completing 5 experiments in a row is pushing the bounds of normal drink.
  2. Axterix Active Member

Oh, I'm not saying it is required. I do all my experimenting with my Warden. But if someone does want access to lots of power regen while crafting and they aren't a healer, the Dragon AA provides an easy answer. I usually take a rank or two of it while leveling my characters in part so that I never have to worry about power while crafting.
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I find tossing on crafting gear, lowering my main stat and power-pool seems to actually help with my power. The amount used seems to be a percentage and with a smaller pool, my regeneration is faster.
    I know it seems odd, but try it?
  4. Meirril Well-Known Member

Yep, been true since the beginning. Crafting nakid using the highest level drink you have gives the best results since the drink is a static number and stats add to your max power pool.
  5. Axterix Active Member

That works, but then you've got to constantly change in and out of gear. Rather annoying. I find it less of a hassle to drop 2 points in the Dragon AA while leveling and to just wait a tad between combines and/or use the power cost reactions less often after I spec out of those.

Hopefully someday they'll add a crafting tab for gear and that will simplify the issue, as well as save bag space ;)
  6. Arieste Well-Known Member

Well. One explanation is that the RNG is so random that despite you doing exactly the same thing as i am, you have 1% success, while i have 99% success. Another explanation is that you're doing something wrong. I have no way of knowing which is the case. If you assume that it's just the RNG, then then the answer is to give up experimentation. If you assume you're doing something wrong, you can work on fixing it and potentially improving. Entirely up to you which way you want to go.
  7. Hammdaddy Active Member

I know. I have the gloves but im 92% positive all the people crying in this thread about how hard experimenting is (protip: It's not) will get some insanely over powering item that makes it trivial so they can consider it doable but hard and i can then read my twitter more while im experimenting.
  8. Axterix Active Member

The odds of it being the RNG are pretty low. There's enough ticks in each attempt to build up a decent sample size over the course of a few experiments. Someone could be an outlier case but it is rather unlikely. So I'm more inclined to think it is a "could be doing things better" thing over the "I'm cursed" thing. This is the type of situation where it'd be handy to see Akina at work. Would make it easier to identify if it truly is exceptionally bad luck or not.

Of course, it could also be something like a latency issue... something that limits the ability to use the reactions as well/frequently as those of us with a high success rate have. But for a 1% success rate on Prototypical? Well, it should be pretty obvious to the user that that sort of issue exists. Without something obvious, well, if all one did was counter events, nothing else, I'd expect one to have quite a high success rate for Prototypical.
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I have a macro for my crafting gear. Sure it takes up a few slots in my bag(s) but its just one click to put everything on and another click to switch it out again.
    I must admit, it would be nice to have a trade-skill tab for gear and place all my gear there and always have the bonus, but its the lower power-pool and my high rate of regeneration that I benefit from so I will keep switching it out since i have no power choice in the dragon line
  10. Arieste Well-Known Member

Since this is the 21st century, I did what any citizen of the internet usually does: I video taped myself doing it.

So here you go. There is even a part towards the end where i miss a counter. Yes, this is just the first exp, however, the process is IDENTICAL. Other steps just take longer and have less progress, so you need to sustain the activity longer - but what i actually do doesn't change. Hope it helps.

Caith and suka like this.