Everyone Enjoy Double Status This Weekend

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Elinea Well-Known Member

Is there a level requirement for double status? I have two accounts and logged into a level 95 toon, and sold all my status items in South Qeynos at the city merchant, and received double status for all of them. Went to the other account, same guild, but level 54 and turned in half of my status items to the city merchant in New Halas before I realized that I wasn't getting double status from that one. I then tried the Ravens of the North merchant and still no double status. I moved over to the same city merchant in SQ that the level 95 successfully got double status from, and nada....just straight 1:1 status. Both accounts are all-access also.

Edit: the guild in question is level 17, so not at max level.

Edit#2: What was fixed? Now I'm not getting any kind of double status from doing anything at all.
  2. balzor Active Member

I dont think it has been fixed, still currently not getting double personal or guild xp from encounters.
  3. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

<3
    Luperza likes this.
  4. Lartria Member

People on AB have found that relogging into your character fixes the issue.
  5. balzor Active Member

Just closed my client and came back in, still no dbl xp from encounters. Were encounters not included or something?
  6. Elinea Well-Known Member

I'm playing on AB, logged all the way out, repatched and came back, and still nothing. I guess I'll just come back later and see if it's fixed by then.
  7. Naudi Active Member

Defeating encounters is still not awarding bonus status.
  8. Luperza Community Manager

I'll forward along the details.
    Naudi likes this.
  9. Luperza Community Manager

Update! Issue where y'all are not receiving bonus status from defeating encounters is being resolved! :)
    Eggfu, Avahlynn and Naudi like this.
  10. Naudi Active Member

Yey!! Fixed <3
    Luperza likes this.
  11. Luperza Community Manager

Fantastic! :) <3
  12. balzor Active Member

Ty for fixing that quickly! Appreciate it.
  13. Torgrin New Member

Just wanted to add my thanks as well!
  14. Sasha New Member

I just sold some status items, didn't get double status on any of them.
  15. Deveryn Well-Known Member

They weren't mentioned in the announcement, so they were probably left out for this session. They did that for the last one.
  16. Vylotte New Member

Yay! That guild hall rent doesn't pay itself!
  17. Achirin Active Member

The reason they see play time on the weekends is because of the breakdown. Say 75% of players work 7 days a week. There are 7 different sets of days off for employees. mon/tue, tue/wed, etc. So 75% divided by 7 means each set of days off has roughly 10% of players online. Except the weekend has that 25% with mon-fri 9-5 so it has 35% of players. Really the majority do not have weekends off however the weekends still have more than any other 2 day period.

It's for this reason that starting on Thursday doesn't really help for equality. Your just including thu/fri, and fri/sat to the mix now. Fri/sat already got to enjoy most the bonus so you get 55% of players enjoying the bonus, with another 10% getting 1 of 2 days. (wed/thu off people). As stated there's really no overall harm if your going to offer this for it too be week long since the people off on sat/sun will be working mon-fri and unable to make a lot of use from the extra 5 days.

With that said I actually really like Jumjumbandito's idea of just giving away claimable "lore" items that when activated give your account the bonus for 2 1/2 days. That would even help people that maybe work week long stretches, or are in overtime due to short staffing. Great idea!
    Naneeje likes this.
  18. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The trouble with the item idea is that timer is going to pause as long as the character is logged out, so it would have to be good for only a few hours, otherwise people easily get so much more than a weekend's worth of status. As nice as that would be, it's probably not gonna happen.

I think what might work best is setting up a week of maybe 50% bonus. We had 25% for a whole month, during the summer promotion.
  19. Achirin Active Member

The timer would pause if it was character specific. They have a timer that tracks account age anyway, and veteran bonus is applied to account and different for all accounts. I wouldn't see why they couldn't design an item that was 1 per account, when used provides whatever bonus for your account for x days. So if your account age were 3,456 when you used the item it would wear off at 3,459. If they could even be more accurate such as 48 hours from the time used that would be better clearly. I know nothing of programming though, just seems from the other systems in place the framework is there and the potential exists.