Everyone Enjoy Double Status This Weekend

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Rainmare Well-Known Member

last double status weekend I went from 2 mil status to 22 mil status. I'm not at 28.5 mil...this weekend should get me at least to teh 37mil I need for a Tunare plushie. (though I still think those and the catalog quests are exhorbently overpriced)
  2. Triplehelix New Member

Yea, might be feasible if they allowed you to put SP in a shared bank and combine the SP from multiple toons on the same account. Man I wish I could pull some of that SP out of guild-hall escrow I deposited, convinced that I wouldn't ever have a true need for a massive amount of SP all at once. 20-20, that hindsight.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Achirin Active Member

I recently sent in Feedback on this same issue. I think realistically it would be reasonable to do week long rather than just weekend. I know I know "That's WAY too long people will get super powerful" but hear me out.

If you figure the majority of players have school/work and they are not online for 6-8 hours per day on those days. The majority of people sleep 8 hours (or try too) and only have 2 days off with which there are chores and errands etc. People whom are off on weekends won't get much play time during the week, just like those that work weekends don't really get to enjoy it much on the weekend. 1 week of whatever bonus really only results in 2 days, with a few hours after work/school for the majority of people.

Yes you have some people who can sit around all day and enjoy 24/7 of whatever bonus. Those people really will be the extreme minority and shouldn't hurt the game from what they receive. The inverse is all the people working safety critical jobs that have to work weekends do not get to enjoy something. Just think for a minute how many jobs you know of that work weekends. Retail to hospitals to transportation, a large portion of the population is constantly left out.
    Tariya, Naudi and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Jumjumbandito Active Member

I always thought that maybe every other Double XP time,obviously not for this status boost, but perhaps it could be a 48 hour claimable, consumable item. That way, if you say work Fri-Sun, you can use it on your off time. Make it Lore even so you can't have two?
  5. santargria Well-Known Member

There are several types of status - when you go to a city merchant they will sell you items that not only cost gold or platinum, but also require a certain amount of "Personal status" to purchase the item.

You gain the various status' by doing crafting work orders, rush work orders, some quests give status and so on:

Probably better explained here: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Status_points
    and here
    http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/status_points_(eq2)

hope that helps
  6. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to Norrath. Status is something we earn as adventurers and/or crafters in a couple of ways. Sometimes killing a boss mob will get you statue directly: you have slain boss x, you get 10,000 status, and your guild gets 1,000 status.

Another way is getting city writs from a writ giver. You can do adventure writs and go kill specific level appropriate mobs for status, or crafting writs and make level appropriate furniture/armor/food/whatever your craft makes basically, for the city. It might read "we just got in a rush order for furniture for a new army barracks, please make x number of tables and beds." And completing that gets you status.

Another way is by exploring the world and killing mobs. Some drop relics and scrying stones and these can be sold to certain npcs for status.

Your guild gets an extra ten percent of what you earn and it goes towards increasing your guilds level. This is a good thing. The higher level your guild the more cool features your guild can get.

As for you? There are status merchants that will sell you cool stuff for status points. Some houses require status and coin (plat or gold) to buy them. I'm really only hitting the topic at its most shallow level, look up more about status on ZAM or the eq2 wiki. Think of it as another currency, and a very useful one at that!
  7. BambisBrat New Member

I know the feeling well... I work 12 hour shifts and it's my long weekend... Sleep eat and work... No EQ... LOL Hope everyone enjoys it though...o_O
  8. Bashem Well-Known Member

Well I guess some people will say this should have its own thread but I gonna ask here anyways Most of my chars have plenty of status so I would like to see more things that are available to buy with my status.;)
    Awkk and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Hey Luperza, thanks for replying to the weekend workers comments. This is more common than you think I believe.

The play time you see on weekends to me is a lot more kids and just "weekend players".

My solution would be to start your bonus features on Thursday night and run them through Monday night instead of just the 2 and a half days. I realize you want weekend players to fill servers, but in the end, the ones who are actually paying are most likely earning that hard earned money on Saturday and Sunday's unfortunately.
    I am one of those hard working, happy to pay to play people that need a Thursday night start on bonus features :)

Thanks again Luperza, my kid asked for the poster size picture of you and him from Landmark launch fest at SOE and it's pretty cool looking! Thanks for doing that.
    Nan
    Tariya, Naudi, Awkk and 5 others like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! :D

And yeah, I like the idea of there being like Status Tokens or something, claimable, consumable, "even Lore" (thanks, Jumjumbandito! Excellent!) that people working during the weekends (I used to be in that boat; y'all have my sympathy!) could earn or obtain somehow...and it would, I agree, get more folks to play during the week if it were done during the week; heck, a Sunday noon through to the following Sunday 11:59 pm. ;->

Uwk
    who was in WoW for years, when no one, I mean, NO ONE, would go near the Auction House (their Broker) other than maybe late Thursday night/early Friday morning, sell like mad, and stop late Sunday night, due to time restrictions: since there wasn't any Housing, and no way to give a seller a break by making it worth a buyer's while, a seller would bear the brunt of daring to clutter up Blizzard's servers with items... Your character paid a deposit, the cost of which varied with the amount of time you wanted to leave it up: originally 12 hours, 24 hours, or 48 hours (the longer, the higher the deposit price; some up to a third of the list value of the item. The seller, of course, had to price things to take that into account). By the time I left, it was 24/48/72, but if the item didn't sell, you got your junk back in the mail (which, if you didn't pick up your mail within 30 days or less, disappeared forever) and forfeited your deposit. So, essentially, daring to put anything on the Auction House was a coin-losing proposition most of the time, unless it was raw materials. I was recommended by veteran sellers not to even bother with doing anything crafting-wise until level 70, but just to be a harvester-type until then (don't even ASK me about the fury of gathering and/or buying lots of different rares to make an item, thinking I could actually maybe sell it on the AH to make up the costs, at least, only to find too late it was an item that was Attuned, essentially, the minute it was in my inventory...i.e., the instant I made it. And we didn't have Unattuner-type items). :-/
    Tierisch likes this.
  11. Majesty Active Member

Thank you so much! :)
  12. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Do the catalogues! You get a crazy amount of status back on a double weekend and lots of leveling for your guild. I went from 62 to 74 over the last weekend. Of course, if Alberich or plushies are your goal, ignore this.
  13. Rainmare Well-Known Member

yeah we're a max level guild. and I would do a catalog, if Tunare was an option on those. but I want Tunare...maybe after I get her, and get another 37 million...I might go for a catalog.
  14. kytara New Member

Thanks for the double status weekend. My wife is obsessed with doing writs and HQ so she will be happy. Any idea when the next double xp weekend will be?
  15. Inaraha Member

16. Ladyhawke New Member

Luperza, Thank you!

Yes, would be great if the powers that be were willing to start these on Thurs or Friday mornings so those of us who play during the week could make more sue of it.

But seriously, it's still great...and I'm definitely a fan of the new approach of doing some double xp periods for just All Access Members and some for everyone. This provides some incentives for Free2Play, but also provides Goldies a sense of the value of their paid subscription.

Appreciate it!
    Avahlynn likes this.
  17. Triplehelix New Member

What do you mean by 'get status back'? What catalogs give status? Wasn't sure if you were referring to the creature catalogs, I didn't see ones that gave status for completion.
  18. oldskool Active Member

It would be nice if things like double status and double xp were regular recurring events. Kind of like the Moonlight Enchantments.

Maybe on the 10th of each month there would be 24 hours of double xp. And on the 25th of each month there would be double status. Over time these days would fall on every day of the week so eventually they'd even out for everyone's schedule.
  19. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The new catalogue quests on the status merchant have a status reward. IIRC, you get about a third of the status spent returned..
  20. Mizette New Member

I just finished the heritage quest 'The Return of the Light'. Was supposed to get 23733 Status Points initially and that's exactly what I got. No Double Points!! My guild did get 4746 status which includes a 100% server bonus....It was my belief that were getting personal double points for completing quests.