EverQuest II Achievement System

Discussion in 'Developer Roundtable' started by ARCHIVED-Rothgar, Jun 30, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

If you have to go back and kill boss mobs....can they be grey?
    If not, will this start before the auto mentoring or after?
    I know you want to give a reason to do content again...but I'm of the school of thought that you have already achieved these trackable accomplishments and should therefore already be rewarded. Not everyone will have completed all catagories so there will still be acts to accomplish. Let people be rewarded what they have done and let them be proud of it. As I have many alts, this would save me a lot of headaches. I still recall getting jilted over the tradeskill faction when it changed over.
    Don't want to be burned again.
  2. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

I would prefer that anything requiring killing a mob force you to be level-appropriate. IE, if you won't get AA experience for it, you won't get an Achievement either.
  3. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

I meant to ask or suggest this as a possible Achievement at the FF but ... *shrug* ..
    Anyway ..
    Since Achievements are Account based and not merely Character can we please, PLEASE! get a really big goal for the Kill a Mob counts?
    • kill 1,000,000 Fairies
    • Kill 10,000,000 Fairies
    (I'd also suggest a 1,000,000 items crafted as well, as 10k is merely a drop in the bucket for most ppl ... )
    I stopped my goal rush to Destroyer of Fairies after my hubby got Destroyer of Undead years ago and noticed that the Mob Counter does NOT continue past 10,000 kills. Sure, I am reasonably on my way to several Slayers of Fairies across my 2 accounts, including Test but even I can't get over 70k or 140k (how many characters can we have with regular accts? 7 or 8? ) as an 'offical mob count' ..
    I may not bother with many of the other mob counts but I know I would really enjoy the journey up to 1m for my Fairy kills. *wicked grin* And, I'm sure there are several others who RP in this manner, such as Pallies & Templars for their goals of Undead banishings. And, should anyone actually get the Achievement for 1M Brownies killed a World Wide announcement should be in order. /un-worthy!
    I'd also like to see a way to display a complete listing of Titles earned in-game. Though, I never show any other than my Stormcaller & Fairy Killer title .. I know there are people who are extremely proud of all the Titles they have earned, so maybe a Achievement of the # of titles earned as well as a clicky jump off window to SHOW them all. (like in SWG for their Badges)
    As a suggestion to the Rewards for at least the Mob Count Achievements, for those that are also L&L mobs .. an addition of a scaleable +dmg to be added to our existing L&L Spell. ie: current is 200 dmg & resist debuff of 50 .. get the reward of +50 dmg and 10 debuff .. etc .. numbers just pulled out of the ether. Since, our L&L spell has been merged you could award us the bonus for any L&L that we have regardless of which Mob we had got up to 1m. *shrug*.
  4. ARCHIVED-Thantoes Guest

Not something I would really care for. IMHO it would just be another way for some to use to measure and brag about their E_Preen. ( - Just Saying - )
    Wonder how they will use it - Not like they can Stand at the Docks to show off their "Achievments"
  5. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

GrunEQ wrote:
    This gave me an idea for more...

• Killed X amount of Grey - Slayer of the Trivial
    • Killex X amount of Blue - Destroyer of the Weak
    you get the idea :p
  6. ARCHIVED-Phelon_Skellhound Guest

I am sorry, but I wouldnt care to give two shakes of a ratonga's behind about it since it isnt retroactive... In no way will it be fun to go visit every grey zone and kill every grey boss again. I did it once for AA and xp and that is enough for me. "But its fun because you can mentor" dont cut it for me to be interested.
    Now if Raid & and instance boss kills were retroactive, that would make me feel alot better tho... Who wants to kill grey boss x again when we already did that again for trophy heads?
  7. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

Yea . . . I'm not gonna bother going back and explore 900 locations all over again, much less kill all 1275 nameds again, just for 'achievement' >.>
    retroactive k thx~
  8. ARCHIVED-Stump4 Guest

Katanallama@Mistmoore wrote:
    The good news is you have the option to not do it.
    k... yw
  9. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

I don't mind going back and killing mobs I've already killed. I won't actively go do it, but if a guildy wants help at lower level then kewl...if not...I'm not worried. There will be plenty more named mobs to kill as more content is introduced anyways...
  10. ARCHIVED-Gormak Guest

• Number of signature quests completed
    • Number of languages known
    • Clearing zone X without deaths
    • Some kind of lore tie in for the player based on Min/Max faction
    • Number of world events completed
    • first on server/by class to reach level XXX, and/or YYYY aa's
    • Naturally all the slayer title like stuff as already mentioned
    • Completing the end bosses of each expansion (this may be somewhat subjective/multiple kills)
    • Fun/gimikky ones.... most weight carried, most deaths, most deaths vs creature, most falling damage taken and lived, survived a 20k mob crit, etc
    Can achievements be gained and taken like a rank? Could incorporate alot of the leaderboard stuff into achievements, then players can have ingame titles for being "Loremaster" for most quests completed etc etc. This would open up alot of possibilities, linking the leaderboards to ingame reward, even if it just be the holder of an achievement.
  11. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

I have just a few proposed ideas/rewards:
    •Achievement Point for each Expansion Quest line completed.
    -To expand on this a little; Lets say you beat the Godking and complete the Peacock line or Tarinax and complete the Claymore, etc. As these are pretty large achievements, I think these would merit some nice rewards. A title (much like "of the Shard" was given after Fire and Ice) but in addition to this I would like to see a house item (it could be just one generic one across the board) that would show others of your acomplishment when they visit your home/guildhall. Turning the current weapons into mountable versions would be ok, but I know many people use them in appearance slots so if this were to happen then maybe they could be available through the Shady Swashbuckler.
    •Achievment Point for each city faction you have 50k with. Example: 50k w/ Freeport Militia or 50k w/ Qeynos Guard, etc.
    •Achievment Point for each Crafter on your account that has its "crafter" epic.
  12. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Gormak wrote:
    Can expand on that:
    • First in the game worldwide to reach level XX, or YY number of AAs, regardless of class
    • First in the game worldwide to reach level XX, or YY number AAs, by class
    • First on the server to reach level XX, or YY number of AAs, regardless of class
    • First on the server to reach level XX, or YY number of AAs, by class
    • First in the game to earn XX Achievement
    Would like to see that bottom one appear on EQ2Players in the same way that there are discoveries. The retroactive ones would obviously not apply.
  13. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Actually that brings up an interesting question.
    Will Achievements be trackable on EQ2Players.com?
    I'm curious why people don't want to show their achievements off?
  14. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    Because other people can be stupid about little things so it's best to avoid the headache.
  15. ARCHIVED-Tehom Guest

This idea sounds like it'll be amazing fun as long as the rewards are all just fluff/titles. I love seeing things my character has done be tracked, but the idea of like actively going out and trying to do weird/elaborate/tedious things in order to get some must-have item for raiding would get really tiresome.
  16. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

Kordran wrote:
    Because I dont want it showing, and if I had the option to turn off the rest selectively I would use it too.
  17. ARCHIVED-Tomlost Guest

Would it be possible to have achievements tied to lore? Something like...
    Killed 25 times by gnolls - gain achievement Fippy's Revenge
  18. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

You mean clever titles for achievements? That's an excellent idea.
    Sometimes the title for completing achievements (especially on some Xbox games) is as rewarding to read as completing the achievement itself is.
  19. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

I NEED NUMBER OF NEW TUNARIANS KILLED :mad:
  20. ARCHIVED-uppun Guest

• Every xx World event, signature, lore & legend, language, heritage & access quest completed
    • Completed 50%, 75% & 100% of all the quests in one zone (could be limited to zones with some sort of minimum amount of quests)
    • Completed 50%, 75% & 100% of all the quests in one expantion and/or Adventure pack
    • Every xx thousand items created, with extra rewards every xxx and/or xxxx thousand created
    • Killed xx dragons
    • Getting all the slayer/destroyer titles (and if more titles are added later on, for all of those as well)
    • Reaching 10k health and/or power (unbuffed)
    • Reaching level xx without dieing (maybe not starting till level 30, 40 or 50?)
    • Ever x mill status contributed to guild
    Just a few ideas