EverQuest II’s Sixth Expansion, Sentinel’s Fate, Pre-order Starts Today!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Nov 12, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Saevan Guest

Kiara wrote:
    Hey! You can't ... hmm, wait a minute.
    Given the size of Canada vs Scotland, this might just work out. We'd have to fill in the north Atlantic, as squashing Europe might cause a fuss. Having done that, we'd claim Greenland, and if Denmark complains we'll drop Newfoundland on them. Iceland had better hope they pop up in Hudsons Bay.
    We'd now have a land bridge from the US to the EU, which would be available for both sides to use ... for a price.
    Oooh, if we wiggled around a bit we might even be able to plunk Quebec down next to France. I'm not sure what the effects of that would be but it would be fun to watch.
    OK, I've already put too much thought into this, and I've just got started.
  2. ARCHIVED-Pengefinchess Guest

Well tbh honest we just decided to engage because Canada is a green con to us..easy writ update..GANK!!
  3. ARCHIVED-Bishojo Guest

Well, I hardly ever posted anything in here, but today I realy had to.
    I have been playing this game since beta, raised 7 lvl 80 toons (6 of them mythed) and played them on daily base.
    Who know me, they just called me the "walking EQ2 wikia" since I did know most of the quests and such about the game from my mind.
    Today, I cancelled my account, as the best option and as an answer to SOE, for all their disrespectful, discriminative (and all falling in this line in the dictionary) actions against none US players.
    During these years, we got no respect nor equal treatment compared to the "other side" and we were treated like blacksheeps all the times.
    Getting late pacthes, delayed GUs, extremly handled customers support now topped with the the delayed start and no retail seller shops for us, was more then enough for me.
    I hope you guys will still find some fun in the game, but for me they reached the limit. I will never ever again play a game that handled by SOE.
    Have fun everyone!
  4. ARCHIVED-MurFalad Guest

Firstly that's great news on the SF digital expansion for the EU+NZ+AUS, a big thanks for arranging this!
    Kiara wrote:
    Even better news, its certainly made my day to know Everquest 2 will be sold properly outside of the US again which can only be good news for the future.
    I'll probably hang on until the very last moment now to order in the off chance that the CE retail edition will become available in Europe (the Evercracked DVD is tempting). If it is in time for the SF launch that's great, otherwise I'm fine too and might risk the international order despite the costs/time since I'm not a player that really needs the immediate start, although I do need it to be there to make sure I still have people to group with
  5. ARCHIVED-ashen1973 Guest

Bishojo wrote:
    not sure if you are aware, but , it will now be possible for non-US customers to purchase the expansion in time for the 7-day head start
  6. ARCHIVED-VBGod Guest

I would like to have pre-ordered this by now :)
    To summarise the last 70-odd pages:
    Digital download will be available to non-US players
    We still don't know where to download it from
    We still don't know when it will be available
    We still don't know if the Collector's Edition will be available for DD
    ... am I correct?
    Could I ask that the digital download be made available a couple of days before the 16th, so that the rest of the frikking known world isn't trying to download gigaboodles of stuff at the same time?
    <Insert usual rant regarding treatment of second-class non-US players>
    ... but thanks for noticing & trying to find a solution *before* release date :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Magpie1 Guest

Kalyyn@Splitpaw wrote:
    He knows, we have quite a few guild memebers who have pretty much walked away over the past week or two and they are still leaving, despite the announcement. Hopefully the excitement of the xpac will get them back. I wonder how many other guilds are seeing players leave in droves? I really must congratulate SOE on a monumental screw up over this xpac release. Whomever is responsible for this really deserves to be losing their job (and I dont say that lightly) because this has decimated the player base on EU servers, if our guild is at all representative. As usual, it is the players and particularly guild officers that will have to pick up the slack and rebuild their communities.
  8. ARCHIVED-Flobdeth Guest

Kiara wrote:
    Touch my country and we'll set the ferrets on yas and you WILL take the haggis we dont want them either

OMG get the names of DD suppliers already
  9. ARCHIVED-Niffoni Guest

Add me to the list of Canadians wondering if they're "international" or not.

Don't worry, I'm used to publishers going "Oh yeah, I totally forgot you guys were a country", so no hard feelings :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Seffrid Guest

Hubert@Runnyeye wrote:
    Almost!
    We also don't know yet what bonus items (if any) will be available with the digital download, and I don't think it's yet been confirmed for sure that it's available to Canadians.
  11. ARCHIVED-Siskiyou Guest

Hubert@Runnyeye wrote:
    My idea is to allow the DD to those who have PURCHASED THE PRERELEASE from SOE who are more set up to track purchases. The DD is released to the European folks and they can download with a number provided at the time of purchase or perhaps mailed in-game (rememer, they purchased through SOE - so they used their account when they purchase) or otherwise (with new people or gifts) at that time the boxed product will be posted from wherever-the-hell it is coming from. SOE can sqaure up with whomever is retailing it, charging postage at time of purchase and then sending the boxes postage over what the vendor had ordered to be sent to the people who have purchased. Or just send from the country in question with the fair mail rates (not some ridiculus markup)
    I'm not sure I described that right, but you can probably get the idea. It makes it fair, if I can't buy a digital download in the States for pre-release, then those in other countries can buy the box of their choice with the digital download the part of the package. And be charged a postage REASONABLE to their normal market rather than from the USA.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Update:
    Canada has a retail option through our US retailers (Amazon and Gamestop) and thus will not be eligible for the DD option.
    We'll have the DD distributors mid to late next week.
    I'm still waiting on the other questions and will get back to you when I have the answers.
  13. ARCHIVED-Terrius Guest

Kiara wrote:
    This makes me very sad. Again I state, this means I have no way of getting a pre-order on time, earliest i can get it is 2-3 days even through US sites.
  14. ARCHIVED-Jynnan Guest

Seffrid wrote:
    LOL! ROFL!! ROFLMAO!!!
    Single best post of 2010 - prolly the last decade!!!
  15. ARCHIVED-Terrius Guest

International Handling Rates
    Canada
    Handling MethodRatesDelivery AddressDelivery Information
    International Economy$14.99 for orders up to $75.00Add $5.00 for each additional $50.00Physical Street Addresses OnlyAllow up to 1 business day hours for Processing.
    Delivered in 3 to 5 Business Days after processing. Remote locations may take longer.

Direct copy of the shipping page for Gamestop.com

Thanks for making it so I have no chance of getting SF for the 7 day headstart.
  16. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Kiara wrote:

In order to get the headstart we have to have Americans purchase a box for us is what you are telling us right now, please dont talk to me about how amazon and gamestop can ship it to me days after the headstart Im not really interested in arguing with some inept troll over something I already know.

For me this is no issue since I know and play with many Americans, for other Canadians that either do not check this website or wish to have the headstart this will be an outrage and much like the players overseas many will quit over this.

This thread may receive less QQ now, but the end result will be a loss in subs.
  17. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

Kiara wrote:
    We may have the options, but Amazon.ca won't have it anywhere near the 16th gamestop looks poor as well.
  18. ARCHIVED-Terrius Guest

Nuhus wrote:
    Nuhus the BEST part is the options of American Gamestop and Amazon both say 3-5 days for shipping ANYTHING to canada. :(

/sad panda on
  19. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Better make some trustworthy American or International friends

I
  20. ARCHIVED-Siskiyou Guest

To the continental USA

1 of: Everquest II: Sentinel's Fate [DVD-ROM]
    Condition: New
    Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

This is same-day delivery, with my Prime membership (not sure that matters)
    Item(s) Subtotal: $36.99
    Shipping & Handling: $5.98
    -----
    Total Before Tax: $42.97
    Estimated Tax: $0.00
    -----
    Grand Total: $42.97