EverQuest II’s Sixth Expansion, Sentinel’s Fate, Pre-order Starts Today!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Nov 12, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

Tariuss@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Indeed. Slow to get anything here. Theres no point at that point.
  2. ARCHIVED-arieste Guest

Neither Gamestop nor Amazon offer quick or cheap shipping to Canada. Amazon.ca does NOT have the product, as such we have to order from Amazon.com and pay almost as much for shipping as the game itself.
    People can order from those retailers from europe as much as from Canada, I am not sure exactly what you're basing the distinction on. Both of these retailers have Canadian branches that are NOT carrying the product. Having to pay an extra $20-25 (shipping + duties) is NOT the same as the game being "available in canada".
    If you get the product to Amazon.CA i'm sure canadians will be more than happy to buy it. Asking us to buy from Amazon.com is pretty much the same as asking us to buy from China, except there are probably less customs delays from china.

EDIT: actually it now looks like amazon.ca will have it on the 16th. can someone at SOE confirm that they'll receive the product in time and with instructions to ship it out in time for the 16th?
  3. ARCHIVED-Terrius Guest

arieste wrote:
    http://www.amazon.ca/Sony-41502-Eve...64023247&sr=8-1

Amazon.ca has it, however will not garentee it earlier than 2-5 buisness days.
  4. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

and here I was trying to be helpful..... Pfft...
    lol....
  5. ARCHIVED-arieste Guest

actually it now looks like amazon.ca will have it on the 16th. can someone at SOE confirm that they'll receive the product in time and with instructions to ship it out in time for the 16th?

and sorry if i sounded pissy, but you've no idea what it's like to deal with buying something off the american site of amazon for canada. you can end up paying double or more by the time duties are done, especially on electronic items.
  6. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Im pretty mad right now, not because I have to get an American to buy me a box w/ key. Im mad because my country happens to be less important to SoE than any other country WW right now.
  7. ARCHIVED-Terrius Guest

arieste wrote:
    It says this product will be released on feburary 16, meaning that is the day they will start shipping boxes. Since Amazon.ca has no Release day shipping option.
  8. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

There is not a hope in hell that we will get a box on the 16th, if you want to play on the 16th you will have to have a non-canadian buy it for you and send you the key
  9. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

Let's keep it clean please.... If you need to use symbols in place of a nasty word, that might be a good sign that you really do not need to be posting that word to get your opinion across....
  10. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

WW = World Wide

Sorry for the confusion
  11. ARCHIVED-Terrius Guest

I wouldn't feel right asking an American friend to go down to an American retailer and send me the Key, that Is a ridiculous work around that IMO sound illegal.

I could drive 6 hours to the border in hopes of a retailer having it, but oh wait, I dont have a passport, thus I cant get into the US. >.<
  12. ARCHIVED-Cinnimon Guest

I have question for I am looking at sites to pre order and 'Gamestop' is saying it ships the 16th not before that.... is that right? Where can I pre order to have before the 16th?
  13. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

If you want to make us in Canada buy the box, it should be available on the 16th in one way or another, which currently it is not.
  14. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

I'll continue to post updates in this thread as I get them.
    Thank you.
  15. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Update to answer questions:
    The DD provided to our international community will be the DD version of the game, and come with the DD bonuses.
    These include:
    • 500 Station Cash
    • LoN Fall of Erudin scenario
    • 30 days free play time for new accounts
    • In-game armor piece - Guarding of the Learned
    The CE will not be available via DD. It is a retail only version of the game and can be purchased in a store or via an online retailer and shipped.
  16. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Summary post so folks don't have to wade through all 75 pages :)
    International customers will be able to DD the expansion on Feb 16th and take advantage of the headstart offer.
    They will receive the DD version of the game and the things included in that package:
    • These include:
      • 500 Station Cash
      • LoN Fall of Erudin scenario
      • 30 days free play time for new accounts
      • In-game armor piece - Guarding of the Learned
    The distributors have not yet been announced. We are still waiting on some final requirements to be met. As soon as we are permitted to do so, we will announce the distributors and provide links to their pages.
    US and Canadian customers will not have the DD option on the 16th.
    I will update this thread again when I have the international distribution information to post.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Update:
    We will be releasing the distributors and the links to their sites tomorrow morning after 9am PST. It will be up in this thread about 9:30am PST as soon as I walk in the office. The list will be updated as more information comes in, but will be good to get everyone started.
  18. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Greetings!
    We’re pleased to announce the International Digital Download Distributors for Sentinel’s Fate. Our international customers will be able to digitally download the expansion and begin playing on February 16th! We appreciate your patience as we’ve worked out all the details.
    Accepting orders as of today:
    DL Gamer:
    English
    French
    German
    Direct to Drive:
    English
    French and German
    Accepting orders as of February 16th:
    Steam (to the best of our knowledge, be covering anyone not in north or south america)
    Main Site