EVERQUEST CUSTOMER SERVICE A JOKE

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Leiladrakestone, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Leiladrakestone Member

everything was fine with my account till they did the update
  2. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

They update the game every week. A lot of people including support are happy to help you, but it is hard to help if user keep saying "it does not work".
    Kittybock likes this.
  3. Leiladrakestone Member

Ive tried every thing you guys have told me to and nothing has worked
  4. Spindle Well-Known Member

You mentioned your dad's computer; why not have your dad take a look at your computer and see if there is anything different or odd with your system. Just a thought.
  5. Vunder Well-Known Member

all else fails. Complete uninstall and reinstall.
  6. Leiladrakestone Member

done that wont let me log in nothing wrong with either comp wiped and reinstalled the game , can log in fine with this account cant with my paid account keeps telling me password is wrong and the site wont let me recover password for my account keeps telling me

It looks like you are having problems with Username / Password, you will need to contact customer support for assistance or try again later.
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Kitty explained in a previous post..
    You may be your own worst enemy by inadvertently lengthening your lockout timer. Just wait for replies from your petition and make sure you keep checking back on the account you petitioned with to see if any updated replies have been sent.
    Kittybock likes this.
  8. Leiladrakestone Member

well i just tried the username retrival it says my username for my main account so its there it let me do that just keeped brining that error of contact customer support when I tryed to reset my pw and I only reset it once but when I looked into my emails it sent three emails to reset ????
  9. Leiladrakestone Member

and the emails where sent 2 days ago but when i tried two days ago to reset my pw useing the link it told me error contact customer support then when I tried to retrive it again it said It looks like you are having problems with Username / Password, you will need to contact customer support for assistance or try again later.

Havent tried to retrive it again for over 19 hours now
  10. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Please...stop on the reset.

HAVE you attempted to open a Petition/ Support ticket, as has been suggested? As was explained on your 2nd thread regarding this issue: use a free account and open a Support Ticket.

Stated on Daybreak's Support Page:
    *NOTE: If you are having difficulty contacting us through an already existing account, please create a temporary Station Account HERE and submit a ticket."

Not being mean, but it sounds to me as if you'd attempted to login during a downtime, had an issue and then attempted the reset too many times (that's a guess, but sounds plausible). I've been locked out of sites for typing wrong Password, etc. It happens. However, the players which are spending time, attempting to help you, can only do so if you follow the suggested steps.

Kitty
  11. Leiladrakestone Member

Kitty I have put in a ticket and tried everyone's suggestions , I haven't tried to reset my password for 19 hours Iam leaving it for 26 hours just to be safe the emails I mentioned where from two days ago , I only requested a reset once yet it sent 4 emails and when I did try and reset it those two days ago it came up with an error
  12. suka Well-Known Member

strange but i never have a problem getting help from support.
    1. have patience. it may take a bit of time to get back to you because a lot of people need help and there is a limited amount of gms
    2. realize that you must give them time to get into the office. they have real lives going on like everyone else and need time to sleep, eat, etc. they are people, not robots.
    3. you get more flies with honey than with vinegar. don't forget to thank them when they solve the problems. usually one tsr solves all of the problems in your area and they do remember who was a pain to work with last time. not that it affects their service to you, but humans have feelings and will go out of their way for people who are nice.
    4. realize that by constantly trying to "fix" it, you may be doing more harm than good. try each suggested tactic only once. if that doesn't work, ask for help and then wait for it.
    5. if you are a paid account, go to your bank statement and call the number that is listed near your payment. you will at least be able to talk to someone that way.
    Adevil likes this.
  13. Sennetta Active Member

Thank you to all those who helped a tech friend of mine saw how upset I was looked at my comp found nothing wrong but then looked into the email side of things even though I had only requested the reset password once and ended up with 4 emails instead of one either a glitch with the site or email it had locked me out got my account back thanks to the members here that gave advice big hugs to you all

and thank you to all the staff on twitter that helped out
    Kuulei, Adevil and suka like this.
  14. Zyxia Active Member

Hi there
    I have a problem too on my paid account.
    I cant get into the game after logging in - I get a message to say that there is an update in progress, which there isn't - and when I click "Ok" then I get "RETRY". When I click" Retry" I get the same message about an update being in progress.
    I tried my FTP account (by switching accounts on the same computer) and got the same message, so I have no idea what to do. I have had no email from Daybreak to acknowledge that I have sent in a petition and this usually comes within seconds of my posting a fault.
    This is the first time that Daybreak has let me down. Heaven knows how long I shall have to wait to even get an acknowledgement of my petition. This is not good, especially ate Brewday time. I need my beer.
  15. Sennetta Active Member

are you doing it through the launcher happy to give you some of the tips given to me when I couldn't access my account
  16. suka Well-Known Member

have you tried validating your files on the advanced screen? click on the little button with the hammer and wrench: (i apologize in advance a lot of people don't know how to do this
    [IMG]

this opens the next screen. click on the validate assets
    [IMG]

this leads to the validate button:
    [IMG]
    Kuulei likes this.
  17. Zyxia Active Member

Hi there - me again
    Just wanted to let you know that I went into the files and used launchpad.exe, and now at least I can get in.
    Usually I use the EQ 2 map which launches me. I have no idea if this was the problem, because I have never had trouble with it before.
    Just hope this information helps someone out there who has had the same problem.
    Happy Brewday everyone :)
  18. Zyxia Active Member

PS - I still haven't received an email from Daybreak to acknowledge my petition. I thought this was an automated thing?
    And yes, I fully and gratefully appreciate everything they do to help me when I have problems.
    suka likes this.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

if that doesn't work, try this:
    this was always suggested anytime i had problems in the game. it came from the devs:
    You may want to make backups and then delete the following files and folders in your EverQuest 2 directory:

cache folder (does not apply to Steam users)
    eq2_recent.ini
    eq2_default.ini
    EverQuest2.exe
    eq2.ini

As well as the character specific files, these will appear as follows:
    <ServerName>_<CharacterName>_EQ2_uisettings.ini
    <StationName>_characters.ini

Next, delete the configuration files/folder by following these instructions:
    1. Open the EverQuest II LaunchPad. (Do not login at this time.)
    2. Click Advance Tools, Open Game Directory, then close the LaunchPad.
    3. Look for any files explained above and delete them.
    4. Close all open folders and restart EverQuest II using the LaunchPad to login and play.

If deleting these files does not resolve your issue, you can restore your backed up files and folders and retain your hotkeys, contact lists, and display settings.

another thing you want to check is the dx9 files. these files are necessary to run eq2:
    D3DCompiler_43.dll
    d3dx9_31.dll
    d3dx9_35.dll
    D3DX9_43.dll
  20. suka Well-Known Member

i have a friend who uses eq2maps to launch. it is not usually a problem unless you need to validate your files