EVERQUEST CUSTOMER SERVICE A JOKE

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Leiladrakestone, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Laaw Well-Known Member

maybe it is not about you, they are fixing issues for multiple accounts. because you and others are having problems. sounds like good service to me
  2. flameweaver Well-Known Member

How, exactly, do you know this to be the case ? It's good news if true, but I haven't spotted anything to indicate this is the reason for the downtime/
    Feldon likes this.
  3. Laaw Well-Known Member

years of practice with mind reading remotely of course, or maybe just stating the most likely scenerio
  4. flameweaver Well-Known Member

OK, so speculation then ;)
    Spindle and Feldon like this.
  5. Laaw Well-Known Member

ya think lol
    flameweaver likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Time in Oz is way off from US time. Sydney is 19 hours ahead of San Diego. You can easily check to see what time it is in San Diego from The World Clock Time Zone Converter.

As I mentioned in your other thread:

(1) Try to do the password reset, and grab a screenshot of the error you are getting.

(2) Go to https://help.daybreakgames.com/ and click Service History.

(3) Click on your most recently submitted Incident Ticket.

(4) EVEN if the ticket is closed, you can usually add additional info, attach the screenshot of the password tool error you are encountering, and re-open the ticket. So explain the problem you're having with the password tool and attach the screenshot of the error message. (If the ticket is perma-closed, just create a new one and mention that this is connected to the previous one).

(5) DBG Customer Service will send you an email. Check your spam bucket or junk mail folder, sometimes that's where your mail program will put it. You can also go back to https://help.daybreakgames.com/ and click Service History then click into the ticket to see what's happening with it.
    Smallcorners and Kuulei like this.
  7. Leiladrakestone Member

done all that and no ones answered my ticket and from twitter they are fixing problems but nothing on mine
  8. Leiladrakestone Member

I am in tears and ready to give up ,as Ive tried everything the site has told me to do
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

You're in "tears" after 16 hours? Support tickets can take 3-6 DAYS.
    Prissetta, Adevil and Kittybock like this.
  10. Leiladrakestone Member

its the frustration that's bringing me to tears of the faq they have everything to recover your account like recover your email , or username if the auto system dose not work just not your pw they don't actually have a form you fill in to add to your ticket for that so just given all the info I can and told them their site wont let me recover it.

And its also thinking about how much money and time I put into the account bleh
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

Are you 100% sure you were typing in your old password correctly in the first place?
    Did you go so far as typing it out in notepad or something like that and copy/paste it into the launcher? There really shouldn't be any need to change your password if remember it and have not changed it.

Did you try to access the game without the launcher?

Have you tried to get someone else to log onto their account via the same computer or tried to log onto your account on someone else's computer? It is possible your launchpad has become corrupted.

It's certainly not going to help fix your problem obsessing about it until you are in tears though. If you've tried what I've suggested here and still can't get in, there really isn't anything to do but take a step back, breathe & keep an eye on your service ticket to make sure it stays active.

=) As for money, I hate to even think about the amount I've put into this account alone (and we have several others). I've had this account since 1999-2000 playing eq1 from before Kunark released there and have been a paying sub that entire time not to even mention all the expansions I've bought in that time. One day worth of no play doesn't add up to a lot in the grand scheme.
  12. Leiladrakestone Member

tried that its letting me log in fine on my free account and also did an experiment and tried to get the password reset for my free account and it did the same thing Ive even tried going through my dads comp and my laptop to reset it and I know username and pw are correct
  13. Leiladrakestone Member

and I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it as well Ive done everything everyone has suggested it did send me one password reset email but as soon as i tried to it said error contact customer support i had no problems until the log ins update and friends just found out hes having the same issue
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

What I am saying is why are you even trying to reset your password to begin with? If you have not changed your password since the last time that you successfully played, the password should have remained exactly the same.

That is why I suggested typing out your current password in notepad or something so you can see if you are making some sort of repeated error. I know I've had that issue before due to a variety of reasons.

Since you say you know you typed it correctly, it really does sound like you got slapped with a suspension (it's been known to happen by accident).

I wish you luck and I recommend just focusing on the fact you can't access your account rather than changing passwords, because like I said, if you didn't change your password the last time you actually played, you should not need to do anything but type in your old password to play.
    Kittybock likes this.
  15. Kittybock Well-Known Member

From your comment then, someone from CS replied and suggested you reset Password?

To clarify, the steps you may need to follow are included in Account Recovery

• If you have attempted these steps repeatedly, per your thread(s) please review the caveat as stated on said support page:
      "24 Hour Lock: Trying to use these tools more than 3 times in any combination will trigger a lock for 24 hours. Player Support will not be able to help if this happens and you will have to wait 24 hours from the last attempt (down to the millisecond)."

I sincerely hope you get your account fixed, but some things take time. In the interim, you can still visit with friends, etc on the Free account you've mentioned.

Good luck,

Kitty
  16. Leiladrakestone Member

I got a response on twitter they said they are working through tickets seems some are three days old so not holding my breath that ill get it back this week unhappy I miss out on finishing my brewday quests on my main alt its gotten to the point I am now playing elder scrolls online to pass the time
  17. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The password reset error is an old one... I get it from time to time. Going and doing something else for awhile then trying again usually gets me right in, and no, I do not reset my password.
  18. Leiladrakestone Member

It looks like you are having problems with Username / Password, you will need to contact customer support for assistance or try again later.

This is what i get when I try to reset my password if its the same one you get how long do you normally wait as its been two days now
  19. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Perhaps someone can give you a good advice how to recover from this situation.

A short description of what you see and what you do is a must.Something like this:
    - I launch EQ2 game (Steam version) from Windows Start menu.
    - I get the Welcome screen and then it asks me for username/password
    - I enter my credentials (that I used for years with no problems) and I get the following message: .....
    - I tried the follow the advice, tried to do this and that, go to the URL, entering exactly this combination and then I get the next message: ...
    - Now I'm stuck and don't know what to do anymore
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  20. Ansom Active Member

Better check security software (like firewall, antivirus, router...), because if something block some eq2 process, you will find some strange errorr (like wrong pw all the time, or no voice chat).