Ethereal class runes creating a second class player base?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Lemon Wolf, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Breanna Well-Known Member

Tharrakor said: "knowing that the top stuff is unavailable to you unless u spend a lot of money is discouraging enough for competitive players to quit the game."

Well that is good to know! So then.......
  2. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Like I've already mentioned I quit live in KA for these very reasons. On TLE so far I only have to pay for familiar lvls. That doesn't change me wishing that this game wouldn't continue down this p2w road, because I really enjoyed it when it wasn't.

Very nice attitude tho and good trolling /applauds
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

If you don't want to pay for stuff then don't!! You have 2 options you know.

And no one is trolling, I'm just tired of the whiney little babies. I play the game just fine and have no issues killing things, and the only thing I ever spend money on is usually house stuff. You don't have to spend money to level familars you can do the quest, you just choose not to, so that you can come to the forums and complain. There are all kinds of ways to level things in the game that does not cost money, just time. If you want the best of everything NOW and you can't wait, then yea spend money, but that is your decision not DBG. /em drops mic
    Sigrdrifa and Zeddicious like this.
  4. Lemon Wolf Member

Breanna you are completely missing the point of this thread or the arguments that have been made. You seem to be completely ignorant of the issues.
    I am not going to repeat myself yet again why we are having this discussion here.
    You chose not to read carefully which is your loss.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

No I read, let's put it this way.

You get free concert tickets to a band you just Love, but you can't go, so you miss the concert. Do you then scream and yell at the band because you missed the concert, and then demand that they extend their concert tour for another week or possibly even forever so that you can attend? It is pretty much as simple as that. You missed the event, you chose to miss the event so they are not extending their tour on your behalf. I'm done here you guys are just too much. I'll leave the Play Doh in your safe place.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  6. Pilarin Member

No they don't because even if they missed the concert they can still be great musicians themselves.
  7. Pilarin Member

No they don't because even if they missed the concert they can still be great musicians themselves.
  8. Lemon Wolf Member

Its like talking to a brick wall.
    Your entire post demonstrates that you dont get it AT ALL. What is happening here?
    Its not about the event or that people missed it. Read the posts people write then think and react.
    Besides your analogy is flawed beyond the point of even commenting on it further.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Only if they are willing to put in a lot of time and effort to practice scales over and over and over, rehearse, rehearse, rehearse, do hundreds of cruddy seedy bar gigs, working up to bigger venues....
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yes and thats the difference between willing to work for something and unable to. You have finally understood the whole issue.
  11. The Fonz Active Member

I think you are the one that doesn't get it. There is a method for a new or returning player to obtain these items by spending roughly the amount of money that it cost someone to keep their account open all summer.
    Your argument is that it is not healthy for the game. So you are all about attracting new people. So am I. However, you will not retain your existing player base if nothing carries over from xpac to xpac and you will not have anyone over the summer if you don't make the items useful at the start of the new xpac.

So to recap..

• Every single person has a method of getting these runes once they go heirloom. It will basically cost the same amount of money that a person who paid for their account all summer has paid.
    • They will not run out of coins because IoR can still obtain these coins after the event has ended as well as the previous eth coins that are still farmable.
    • Those of us who disagree with you understand your point, and we still disagree with you.
    • You can always join the IoR server and get your own coins even today, right now, and forever.
    Breanna and Revanu like this.
  12. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

That last point is very good information and would have ended the discussion immediately if it had been stated earlier. I sure as heck didn't know about it. So there is a way to legitimately grind these runes still.. I'd have no problem at all transferring to that server and grind the coins if I were returning to live.
  13. Lemon Wolf Member

If this is actually true this would solve the entire problem and all the discussion was for nothing.
  14. Gregore Active Member

Not reading all of these posts, but another way you could have got more coins was to grind ethereal zones on more than one toon, and wait until they become heirloom (probably at or right after XPAC release mid-NOV), and then give them all to the toon that you most want to play, for that toon to go buy whatever they needed. I did that, and will be able to bring two alts out of retirement, once the ethereal coins become heirloom. Just what I need, two more alts to feed! LOL I'll be back up to six playable group ready toons, with two of them slightly better as my raid main and alt.
  15. Blazen Active Member

and on another note, DEICO did save me $$ on my toon insurance. LOL
  16. Melkior Well-Known Member

OK, for the record, I wish they would tweak the way they do ethereal events. I wanted that out of the way before the rest of my response. What I really wanted to point out though is this thread is a great example that people with strong opinions often don't fully read and digest others points when they disagree.

The IoR server solution was in fact presented on the first page of this thread, and quoted on the first page on 19 October by both Lemon and Tharrakor who now say that wasn't known by them. This is very common, not just by these two individuals or on these forums, but in other discussions as well. I implore everyone to stop reacting this way. Someone that has a different opinion isn't necessarily evil by nature, or drunk, or uncaring. They just have a different experience, mindset, and/or priorities. Savaging the person making the argument doesn't make your argument look better, it just ratchets up the emotion, and makes the argument personal. That in turn makes it harder to come to a consensus solution.

Back on topic of the ethereal events, I personally always thought that a better idea would be to reopen the past year's ethereal event sometime in the winter. This would give people that took the summer off something to work on after the initial push of new content had been completed, while still giving those who were on during the summer a leg up for a period of time. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of having to do Server transfers to get it done, but it is an available means to get it done. Also, since the content is always evolving, permanent disadvantage is a bit of an overstatement. Next year's ethereal event may well obsolete this years, or another item or rune may become available by other means. They actually awarded the 2017 Summer ethereal rune to all at some point this year if I remember correctly.

Sorry for the long response. I'm just hoping that if people stay constructive, perhaps the devs will read the thread, see a solution they would like to work with, and make a positive change. I realize that doesn't always happen, but it also is not without precedent.
  17. Lemon Wolf Member

I will come back to that in a moment.
    Funny, you just made the very mistake you try to put on me and Tharrakor.
    Me and him knew very well that you can buy the coins on the free trade server. I even criticized this a few times in this thread.
    Did you not read the thread?
    What i wasnt aware of is that you can "supposedly" still farm these coins on the free trade server.
    That information came to light on this very page of the tread after days of arguments.
    So i would kindly request that you un-blame me and Tharrakor for something we didnt do.
    I dont think there will be an answer as they make money out of this.
  18. Melkior Well-Known Member

Apparently I am confused. You Said:
    But I read this:

and this:

So I apologize if I got it out of context. I wasn't trying to put words in anyone's mouth, or be disingenuous. Were you referring to something else when you said that would solve the entire problem? If so it's not clear to me what it was. Did a post get deleted?
  19. Lemon Wolf Member

People talked about buying the coins on the free trade server which of course i knew and criticized because it would surely cost a fortune.
    But The Fonz later stated on page 4 that you can apparently still farm the coins on the free trade server. Which means you dont have to pay anything if its true because you could still grind them. That is what i was referring to when i said it would solve the problem.
  20. Melkior Well-Known Member

Ahh I see. That's the part that was lost on me. I knew that was one of the benefits of the IoR server, it's been talked about from time to time on other threads. And it makes logical sense as well. If the coins were not available to grind there, the supply would run out pretty fast. However, now reading back through it, it wasn't explicitly stated, and without that prior knowledge I can see where someone could come in and think people were just selling off previously earned but no longer available coins at sky high prices.
    That is not the case. You can absolutely earn them yourself as long as you have a group to do it with, or can solo/duo the content (some zones that was a definite possibility)