Ethereal class runes creating a second class player base?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Lemon Wolf, Oct 18, 2018.

1. knine Well-Known Member

not all the runes are required. Only a few classes really excel from them. The rest are meh. Yes the fervor is cool and ability double cast but I’m sure they will throw gear into the next expansion with it as well. If that’s the case then the most you will be behind is 10 and 5 respectively.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  2. Lemon Wolf Member

Well first coins are up for sale and it looks like my predictions were correct.
    50.000P for each Planar Ethereal.
    Someone who couldnt do the event will need "about" 650 coins right?
    Thats 32.500.000 Platinum.
    Kronos sell for about 2.000.000 a piece.
    That 17 Kronos which equals 289$. Not bad, wow.
    If i remember correctly people predicted buying the coins would cost about the same amount as paying for an account during the summer event. Well that certainly didnt happen.
  3. The Fonz Active Member

People are throwing them up there for insane prices off the bat. A few hours later they went to 30k and then to 25. Last xpac they bottomed out around 10 to 15.
  4. SteveB Active Member

With around 120 $ you are done for 1 to 2 chars depending on the price, at least last year that was the case.
  5. The Fonz Active Member

There are 3831 of them for sale at 15.9 right now.
  6. SteveB Active Member

Everybody had been able to get the needed runes, all that factor 4 weeks granted you to get all class rune adornments in less than 5 days of playtime overall.
    If you still want them just go to IoR and do the $ to rune trade as everybody else had to do in the previous expacs.
    It is not great, but that is the way it works, if not you had need to invest the 5 days of half an hour to get the coins for 1 char in the peak times... And overall 2 and a half hour is not much time invest to get the runes for 1 year.

The weak spot here is, if you missed the runes you are going to complain, but if you have them already you will say that everything is fine and it is not much effort to get them... However, both parties are right but have a different point of view.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

If u came back after event, too bad.
    But there are ways to get some if u desesperatly want it.

I guess it’s another way for dbg to make poket money
  8. The Fonz Active Member

They are now under 10k each. So even cheaper than I predicted.
  9. Lemon Wolf Member

Oh i did not expect the prices to fall that quickly. Under 10k each is very affordable.
  10. Kicks New Member

This is a complete ignorant statement. Some years ago I was part of an elite raiding guild and for the most part the difference between people raiding and people who dont is just gear not playing skill. The OP has a valid point stating that binding these runes to a timed event is not a smart idea. This puts people who returned to the game after the event or were not able to spent enough time during the event to get the coins in a bad spot when they play a toon where the runes are a must have. Runes that just increase DPS are just nice to have but runes like the warden one which changes the permanent group ward from elemental to all damage forms is a completely different story. This isn't something people can "learn", they just don't have it and it's a very bad choice in game design to introduce such mechanics.