Estate of Unrest Prestige House coming for NOTD!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cheribomb, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Emesh Well-Known Member

I don't know...no one ever tried it:p
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

but where is the stove in the elaborate estate? how can it be complete without the stove. i understand the absence of hinges, but the stove is important. and do the books actually give you the recipe books?
  3. suka Well-Known Member

and yaaay- the traps work - you know where you go on the side of the pool of blood and fall in. now if only i could use all those dungeon master elite mobs i have stored that are now useless, that would be awesome. yeah i love the version with the stuff in it. i am wondering though if the furniture can be moved around. and i need that spooky stove.

you know, even in eq1, where the zone is very similar, this is my favorite zone. i have always loved the estate of unrest. although in eq2 i missed harvesting the little mushrooms to make dyes and the pumpkin flesh to make malts.
    Nymphi and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Sharann Well-Known Member

First of all:
    A big massive thanks to the devs for these version homes :) Estate of Unrest has always been one of my favorite places!

I'd love the ability to move existing furniture in the elaborate version. Fixed pieces of furniture all over the place reduces creativity as we'll have to stick with the spooky style.

So please please please with cookies and everything! :cool:
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Sorry, was showing off... ;->

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golem#Earliest_Stories

One story I'd read had emes instead of emet...but you can see where DnD got the idea for golemim of various sorts. And I guess you could argue that Frankenstein's Monster was a flesh golem. ;->

Uwk
  6. Nymphi New Member

I feel like the person at the beginning of the horror movie who has just bought a haunted half for way less than market value because "I don't believe in paranormal mumbo jumbo." And now I really want to act out the next scene... where I put on a bandanna and remove the boards from the window and set right all the weird overturned furniture. Please. XD
    suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If you take the boards off the windows, the view you see through them will NOT be the outside of your house......... >:-D

Uwk
    who will refrain and not say, "I told you so" when hands start reaching in through the holes in the windows now...
  8. suka Well-Known Member

the uncanny is not the estate of unrest. it is a version of the haunted house. the estate of unrest is a castle. and you approach it from a gate on the grounds where you meet with a fountain, a hedge, and other outdoor items. but the haunted house is in loping plains and is an entirely different story line.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

yeah they removed all the good stuff and left the stocks in. kind of dumb. i would buy the one with widgets if i can remove the furniture - i only want the widgets
  10. Margaritas Active Member

It was an accident they were left in, and have since been removed. Jumping straight to the conclusion it was done on purpose and was a dumb is rude.
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

Margaritas, I like what you've done with the Estate...the stained glass windows really do brighten the place up quite a bit, as do the curtains.

I like what you've done as well, Emesh. A caretakers cottage would be perfect for the gazebo, with the way you've decorated it.

As for the missing piano, I was thinking the shadow version of piano in the game would be a perfect replacement, though it doesn't play music. But then the dumbwaiter doesn't work in the vacant version either, and that can't be replaced with anything. I think it should have still been left 'clicky', hehe. After all, it's a permanent fixture in the house.

I don't think suka was trying to be rude, Margaritas. She was just expressing her opinion of the stocks being left in the rooms, which I know many of us were surprised to find, in the vacant version. I mean vacant should be vacant, right? Everyone makes mistakes...even suka has admitted to that numerous times in the past, and I am sure she did not mean any harm by her comment. It is nice to know that the stocks are being removed from the vacant version, though. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

thank you merriel - no i never try to be rude - but that was the first thing that came to my mind when i saw them. i am glad to know they will someday be removed. there is a piano in the game that plays music. you get it from going to one of the sky islands- can't remember which right now- and gathering the tradeskill only shinies of piano keys. yeah would have been nice if the dumb waiter was a clickies. actually there were several clickies that i would have liked to have without the furniture. and the stove is one in the decorated house that i would have liked to have seen. but alas, no stove
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I do notice that whoever the architect/interior designer was for the Haunted Mansion in Loping Plains (before it got haunted, perhaps? does seem awfully entropy-filled for a place that was hit by vampires recently...), he/she/it also seems to have had a hand in the style for the Estate of Unrest and the Uncanny place. There were lots of places I was recognizing from all three of them, frankly; the stairs style, the bar, the wainscoting, etc. ;->

Uwk
    who thinks the Uncanny place looks the "cleanest" ;->
    Emesh likes this.
  14. Cinnamon Active Member

Oh, I know I seen the possibly with what you've done already but... the time involved is a bit for me when I haven't been able to understand layout editor. I've watched videos too but, of the ones I've seen they kinda assume you already know how use the program. Now, if anyone wants to help me via chat in game let me know. :)

PS- by the way I like what you've done so far!

Dev- As for a Restored one, things I would like to see restored on the inside are the wall paper through out the house, some floors where it's either bloody or tore/cracked, the bloody pool made into maybe a bath(?), and Give the worn doors and anything else a less worn look. As for outside, the grass be greener and trees have leaves, add the white fence back in. Most of all anything that looks broken be fixed. Once done, I would buy a few, even if it did cost a tad more.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No worries; Notepad Method to the rescue! Please visit the house called (TNPC) Not in Our Backyard, by Abrahm, on the Test server (if you don't have a toon there, you can have up to seven there for "free"! And we're a fun community). Everything you see in there (and do check out the li'l details! There are a gracious plenty!) was done using the in-game editor and the Notepad Method.

It's in a published Researcher's Sanctum, on the Qeynos side; I think that's in the Medium house category, and it's easy to look up by Author (one reason why I named him that way! ;->).

Uwk
    who hopes it might've gotten into the Hall of Fame, but won't hold any breaths... ;->
  16. suka Well-Known Member

possibly the scarecrow effect of the zombie popup in the elaborate house that was not in the original?
  17. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Of course you can pretty it up. But we are also limited by item count and it is an immense place. It will take a large amount of items to do the whole thing.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

i understand both sides. i agree with you Cinnamon, i would love for at least one nice house - it seems like even in prestige houses, when something is presented as a copy of a zone, it is only offered in the "as it is now" state and never in the "as it once was in all of it's beauty" state. i would love this house in all of it's previous grandeur and without the furniture. it was indeed a lovely estate at one time.

i know that most fantasy games are based on the idea that "this was once beautiful but now it is decrepit." but i don't see why the fantasy can't encompass an idea of "oh what a beautiful place if only it weren't so dangerous" idea. it doesn't all have to be decrepit. neither does the prestige house that comes from it.

i also don't understand why, when someone presents a wish on these forums or an idea, everyone seems to think it is ok to jump on as bandwagon criticizing them. how would you like it if people did that to you? there are actually people who write on these forums and it is not ok to take an attacking tone. and they have as much right to ask for an idea to be considered as you do.
    Emesh likes this.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

why not? why are you so belligerent about it? and why shouldn't she have the right to ask for a nice version? i want a nice version. you seem to be taking this awfully personal.
    Emesh likes this.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

yes but for a guild hall, i would want a cleaned up version. i loved the way they did the prestige guild halls in eq1- even thought you had to rent a piece of land to put it on. what i don't like about eq1 was that if no one came into the game from the guild in 30 days, you got evicted- a problem for people who had a guild only for their toons.