Estate of Unrest Prestige House coming for NOTD!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cheribomb, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not sure how they decide that, but I do know a T3 Guild Hall usually only has 1500 slots (probably 1500 regular/1500 Building Block now), so I doubt any house, even a Massive one, has that many. The smallest size Prestige Houses got kicked up to a minimum of 900/900, which is nice. :)

Uwk
  2. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

OMG...so creepy even when I knew it was clear of mobs! I toured the furnished one first, which only heightened the hair raising factor. The music and ambient noise only upped this feeling, poor Jessa.

I love these, especially the unfurnished one. This would be a good time to make some 'wallpaper tiles' using the designs of the ruined ones in the game. As, yes, it is a lovely house, when not smeared with blood and mold, eew. Same for the flooring, maybe make them a set to restore the estate?

Also, yes, I hope the item count is high, or there is plans for a bigger item expander, because just lighting this place will cost a fortune.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  3. Cinnamon Active Member

- I'm not sure what version you may be talking about, but the Vacant one I couldn't find this surprise? unless it's something that I already knew that was there and didn't see it as a surprise.

My opinion on the Vacant version- I don't think it's minor where it concerns the stocks nor the boards on the windows on the third floor rooms. Also in the third floor loft where the stairs are, there is a lamp that got overlooked? As for the white fence that was around the cemetery, it didn't have to be removed for it could of been made into a play park or animal pen of sorts. The Gazebo could of been fixed instead of being left broken too. The blood & gore in various rooms could of been cleaned up as well. :eek: ...but

I know I can't be the only one hoping for a empty Restored version one to it's former glory before all the evil happened?... with luscious trees, with green grass and the walls/floors back to it's untouched new look? If ever considering doing a Restored one please give the Exterior's doors a revamp to see through doors or stained glass doors?

Just a side note, Also I would almost bet a empty Restored one would of most likely of outsold the vacant version just because of the house being a beautiful Castle like Mansion that as players we know was gorgeous at one time before it got tainted with evil/gore/blood. I would gladly give little more for your time if you do restore it. :)
  4. Rainmare Well-Known Member

the whole point of this being released at halloween IS the spooky/bloody/decrepit factor. there has never been at all a 'restored' version. it's always been like that. the whole point of Unrest is the multiple murders and the curse that followed.

and I have never seen a 'restored' version of unrest. did I miss something? or are you reffering to the 'uncanny' estate that uses like 1 or 2 rooms from unrest (the middle one with teh stairs and the bar area) and added different room types for the upstairs area? (cause those weren't bedrooms like the actual estate)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Cinnamon Active Member

Not sure how you misunderstood, So that you and maybe others understand. What I'm requesting is that the Whole Zone of Estate of Unrest be restored back to it's original before all the Evil, Decrepit Look, the Blood and Gore happened. If you've ever done the actual zone, from what I remember I am sure we've cleaned it out of the evil so....the word restored was why I requested a restored version one.

Why 2 versions? - Since one version already gives you the spooky/bloody/decrepit factor along with the multiple murders and the curse that followed. In the vacant version I was hoping to make it less scary and evil looking but if that wasn't the idea intended, then why remove the cemetery and some of the trees then? Personally I would preferred to seen a version before all the bad stuff happened and know from past experiences with devs who generally do art work don't like to change anything about prestige houses once they can be viewed.I am less likely to buy but might buy one, so I can get into the themed of Unrest
    suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Rainmare Well-Known Member

when we complete the zone, we don't 'clean it out of evil' all you really do is stop Garanel for a little bit. the entire estate is under a permenent curse from Quellious for what Garanel did, under the influence of Cazic. the Priest of Fear that's there in the zone enhances Garanel, yes. which is why the family there is under duress even in undeath. but Garanel himself is supposed to be bound there, tortured and punished by and for what he did.

it's never, in eq1 or 2, had a 'non' gore/decrepit/bloody look that I can recall.

in Eq1, I beleive the idea of it was that once Garanel did what he did, Quellious cursed him to be bound there, to relive his actions only now he's not 'blinded' by the influence of Cazic. so he's left to wallow in his own misey seeing him commit horrible acts he repents but can't stop. even in Eq1 the estate is long since abandoned and filled with undead.

in Eq2, the curse is indeed still there, but the Priest of Fear is basically 'countering' the curse, and strengthening the evil's and built up aggression in Garanel...using the fear that was felt by the family as they were being killed so long ago as a conduit, and Garanel's own fear of his never-ending curse.
    Spindle, suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Cinnamon Active Member

Everything you mention makes no relevance on weather requesting a prestige house version back to Before this evil curse happened! -I'm Done!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. d1anaw Well-Known Member

I agree with those who don't care for the mold, blood, and broken stuff. As someone pointed out, there is a version that has the "widgets" that could appeal to the ghouls and make the other one a "cleaned up" version. It's an awesome house and I am going to hate to have to spend so much time and item count to make it habitable. It does definitely impact whether or not I am willing to spend the money on it.
  9. Rainmare Well-Known Member

The revelance is that there IS NO VERSION WITHOUT THAT IN IT. your asking them to completely retexture the entire thing so that you can have a 'non-NoTD' looking Unrest Estate, and I promise you, having done stuff like that before in college, that is NOT asking for something simple to do. that's prolly several hours of work to do that, at minimum, days of work is more then likely. the whole reason we're getting it for NoTD in the first place is becuase it's a decrepit, blood stained, haunted place with a horrible cursed history.

be happy your getting the Unrest Estate, and don't complain it's not a pretty summer home.
  10. Emesh Well-Known Member

I just looked around the Vacant Estate of Unrest on test, my first thought was OMG! this would make an amazing asylum!
    My second thought was I wish the Dev's would remove the stocks from the I think it was two rooms upstairs. Having those completely empty like the rest of the rooms would be so nice.

A cleaned up version would be great, but I could settle for having those stocks removed...lol
  11. Katz Well-Known Member

They actually could later do a third version of the area that is a "newly built" look or as mentioned above "restored" version. Everything all nice and new looking. I bet it would sell too.
    suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Emesh Well-Known Member

I would buy both versions:D It's just a very cool house!
    Maybe they could do a cleaned up new version for Erollisi Day or something....idk, just wishing...lol
  13. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

We only have 2 houses that are not "pretty". I think they should be only sold in their creepy versions. I can see them making wallpaper tiles if people really want to pretty up the new Unrest homes plus the wallpaper can be used in tons of other houses. I would rather have them give us Island of Mara or Baubbleshire or some other cool zones with the entire zone like they just did with Unrest instead of getting a pretty version of the Unrest house. I hope they remove the stocks in the two rooms (and the ones that are up in the cubbie of those rooms which seem more odd to me than ones left on floor of the room).
    suka, chattie and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Emesh Well-Known Member

I just bought the Vacant Estate of Unrest and this house is amazing! I was able to place pads outside the gate. The area outside the walls and gate is solid and pretty nice for building. I think I will need a dock down by the water for that ship I bought and put in the bank last year...lol Oh there is a climbing wall leading down to the water! This place is great! because of this house I will most likely never finish any of my other projects.:)
  15. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

OHHHHH it's for sale now??? SQEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! OMG, I actually sqeeeee'd. :oops:
  16. Emesh Well-Known Member

I don't how I missed this before now, but I just found the secret passage to the basement...lol I checked this house out on test and never even thought to take a closer look at the bookcases in the library. I was shocked to find a dungeon with working cell doors, crazy rope bridges, bats, climbing walls and all sorts of neat twists and turns under the house! This has got to be one of the best prestige homes to come around:D
  17. Haohmaru Developer

This was an oversight on my end. Thought I checked every nook and cranny, but, well, it's Unrest and there's a-lotta crannies!
    The stocks do disrupt both tower rooms (and a few other objects that shouldn't be there) so we're going to try and fix this asap.
    suka, chattie, Katz and 3 others like this.
  18. Emesh Well-Known Member

Haohmaru, Thank you so much! You have done an amazing job:)
    suka, chattie, Ocarinah and 2 others like this.
  19. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

Faelan, I am not sure what surprise you mean or as Cinnamon put it, unless it is something I knew about already. What surprise? Basement, cells, dungeon area, catacombs, secret wall upstairs, pits in the floor? Hehe. So many things it could be; just not sure if I am missing something else?
    chattie and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I think the large surprise is the basement area...I hope that is what was meant anyway. I know I wasn't expecting everything in basement to be included.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and chattie like this.