Erollisi Day 2013 - Feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Eradani Well-Known Member

i was having no difficulty getting 80 on test - tons of rose hedges. yesterday i started hedge farming on live and was Not getting any. turned off mounts and did much better. i have no idea why this was.

some hints:
    - take the quest and stand around a bit till you see the roses spawning before stepping on the platform
    - spawns tend to follow lines
    - don't stop ever, just keep running
    Lodrelhai, Absyntheea and Kaitheel like this.
  2. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips! Using these, I was able to get 1 topiary out of about 7-ish races. I still think the respawns could stand to be turned up a little. If it were just me having trouble, I would think that maybe I just stink at these things... but it's not just me. It seems that quite a few people are having trouble. It would be great if the races could be made just a tiny bit easier.
  3. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I've had good luck farming the rose hedges on live, but I credit that to mostly a combo of brand new computer that gives me high fps even on extreme graphic, and typically logging on when most people aren't. Biggest trend I've noticed is that the heart spawns are very dense near the starting area, but thin out the further you go. I suspect the idea behind this was to accommodate multiple people starting at once, with the intent that they spread out into different areas. The actual result seems to be that the highest prize is only obtained if you and at most one other person farm around the starting area at the same time. Even with my high collection of rose hedges, I've only gotten over 100 two or three times.

And they go FAR. Hopped on my glider mount after taking the quest (but before getting on the mount pad), went surveying Antonica, and found them as far as Blackburrow and the Ulterian Spires. But the decreased numbers doesn't really help encourage going out that far to get them - while I'll get an enormous prize most times if I stick close to base, the rate drops by about half if I go past the two guard towers, and I've yet to get one at all if I journey past either the aquaduct or archers' woods.

If you don't want to lower the prize requirements, how about an alternate method for obtaining them? Place the prizes for the races on a merchant (either one of the event merchants, or give the race-quest-givers a right-click-to-buy option), and price them at a bump-up over the amount of coins you'd get for making that prize tier. Like the hedge and lily vases are only available for the enormous prize tier, which also offers 5 Erollisi Coins. So put them on the merchant at the cost of 8 Erollisi coins - still more cost-effective to get the enormous prize, but you can buy your own if you only get the huge prize twice.

I realize this would allow people to not even do the race and buy them - just farm candies at your favorite locale and exchange them for coins. But I think that is a GOOD thing. The racing is still worthwhile both for farming coins and the chance of getting the prizes cheaper, and the frustration of these beautiful hedges being forever out of reach is gone. This method could be used for all the other holiday races too. (And honestly, I'd rather race endlessly to farm than go hunting most times anyway ;) )

I know it's probably too late to implement the idea this year, and I wish I'd thought of it before Erollisi Days went live. But please give it some thought?
  4. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Things I find annoying this Erollisi event:

1. In the past, my bountiful harvest worked when gathering the roses. How this snuck by all those on test server that it changed, is beyond me.:eek:
    2. The slow re-spawn of hearts for the races:confused:
    3. The quest, 'My Romantic Reputation' starting over for each "title". I could just see how the community would react if all achievement counts reset after each one was reached... "Woot I got achievement for 3500 quests completed! OMG I am at 0 / 4000 for the next one!" o_O
  5. Eveningsong New Member

What about players in Neriak? Also, the NPC in Gorowyn is bugged -- she's currently under water and doesn't offer the option to port to Commonlands (see bug report in the Events subforum).
  6. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

While the quest starts over on counting, the actual achievement is cumulative. For instance, the last stage of the quest requires you to give out 1,000 roses. The achievement, which is what awards the titles, actually requires 2,000 roses given out. But you've already given out 1,000 roses for the various other stages of the quest, so the quest only tells you how many you have left to give.
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Ok I'll give you that much. So explain why previous years I could bountiful harvest roses and they turned it off this year? Its just making it more difficult.. raid or go gather roses.. its tough to decide o_O

If you're going to make us pass out 2000+ roses, at least give us back the ability to gather that many without getting carpal tunnel!:mad: I did the shawls and paid for AoD for apprentices and if I want to bountiful harvest roses like previous year, let me /continues to gripe
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

They changed the roses to a 'collect' action rather then a 'gather' action... so it's like picking up shinies, not like harvesting :(