Erollisi Day 2013 - Feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Some races ago, we reported the same kind of problem: no high score showing until, suddenly, it started working.

Here is my experience:

If I remember well, it was during NoTD as I was trying to get the prizes thresholds and I tried several "round numbers", like stopping at 79, then 80, then 70 and 69 and so on. After several races, I realised the scores were still blank on the board (I was alone and commonlands side). I continued and, one time, I forgot to stop at the intended number so I tried to get the best score possible. And 2 races later, I realised there were 3 times on the leaderboard with the best score being the one where I forgot to stop.

Here are my theories:

- The learderboard could start scoring only after a specific score as been reached. For example, nothing would be written until somebody makes a 100.
    - The leaderboard could ask for a specific number of races done before starting to write down the score. For example, no score would be written on the leaderboards until a 11th race is run.

None of the 2 really make sense, but it's the only thing I thought of at the time and nobody reported that bug on live (and I think it worked fine). It looks suspiciously like this previous bug though.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  2. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, I'll have to keep an eye on it. The original code that runs the races and stores the data is not mine, so I hadn't heard of these previous issues. The actual server storage command is in a layer of code that I have no access to, and I suspect it's that command that is failing for a short period. Were you running the races just after the server came up? It's possible that it takes it a bit of time before it can begin storing scripted data. I'll send the issue along to one of the programmers and see if they have any thoughts. At least it does not appear to be a permanent issue.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

When I did it for NoTD, I think it was the morning here and you usually don't have patches at midnight so probably not, but I can't be certain.NoTD was patched the day before and some folks had reported Anto failing. So when I logged I went to commonlands to check and it's then that it failed.
    It's very temporary anyway, the first runs through a race.

Could also be linked to the stuff that needs to be gathered getting delayed. Some people (always on Test) report at time having candies/hearts/skulls starting to appear after the start of the race. Every time it happened to me, it was on the first race, so with countdown going to 0, race starting and, 10s laters, getting the items. Never happened on live, and never saw a post speaking about that.
    I assumed that it was linked to the zone being idle for a very long time with nobody running everything there, and when somebody finally shows up, the hamsters need to wake up before sending the datas. one of those test server specific weirdness, like every harvestables going away for 5 minutes because they finally went down their respawn timer which is never seen on live either.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback and bug reports that you've been posting and submitting! It has definitely been helping us polish this event.

Thankfully, we've got a few more changes to report as heading your way:

• Hearts a'Flutter - now has sound associated with collecting Essences of Erollisi.
    • Erollisi's Charm now applies Erollisi's Glowing Aura when equipped in appearance inventory, too.
    • The Block and Half Block of Adoration houseitems now have icons consistent with those of other blocks.
    • Players who have completed the My Romantic Reputation quest may now update their rose achievements by using a single fresh cut rose on another player.
    When these changes have reached the test and beta servers they should be listed in the update notes.

~Kaitheel
    Cyliena and Finora like this.
  5. Kaitheel Developer

If you compare the stone to that within the damaged Shard of Love, you should see the reason for the name.

~Kaitheel
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

E-Day had been up for a couple hours when I ran the race 5 times in Antonica and then reported the problem. I have no clue if anyone else had run the race in that zone before me or not. I then hopped over to Commonlands to do runs there to get the other title (the board was working there, and more than one person had been racing there.) I didn't go back to Antonica to check it until after the next patch, and it was working then. It seems it was temporary amnesia, but may be something to eye if you get a chance, since I remember it also happening for NoTD and Frostfell.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  7. Calthine Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks!

I was concerned because previously you could give away roses and get the messages and whatnot even if you were not on the quest, and you were given a warning if you'd given someone a rose in the last hour and your rose was returned to you. I'll watch for the next test patch.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  8. Skeezie Active Member

Spent a few afternoons in Befallen and farmed love notes - I've never had wings before, very nice job. Personally, I could easily (very!) lose the rain of hearts but given it's the first holiday item I've ever had I suppose I can live with some reminder.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  9. Darwich New Member

I would much rather have the pink unicorn with wings.. i dont like plain wings on my back... and i HATE that i cant use my 3 pink unicorns more often due to them not flying :(
    Kaitheel and Cloudrat like this.
  10. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

More hearts need more hearts! I am thrilled some people can get 90+ After numberous tries my high score is 74:( Event achievement is score of 100 lol this will never happen for me and maybe others:) Unless we are going to an endgamer uber event catergory too, I think this should be a little more doable for the general population:) It really shouldn't matter if someone wants to farm 100s of the top prize.
    House items should be tradeable:)
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

ALL House Items should be trade-able! Amen, Cloud!! :-D

Uwk
    (frustrated because the Dungeon-only stuff is Heirloom...don't need my alts and I to have critters to activate in Dungeons if my account doesn't have that capability, and we all have dozens of Santa Glugs, etc. we can't get rid of [same with the Snowman pet from Frostfells in the past...we each have our one, and it won't let us Scribe a bunch more, so the Scrolls for that are gathering dust...okay, that's not strictly a House Item, but it is holiday related, so...ALL holiday related stuff should be trade-able, too!] :-/)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  12. Raienya Member

I hopped on to the Beta server on Saturday to do some Erollisi Day testing. The race in Antonica had the leaderboard full of "Nobody", even after I ran five races. Never updated. Also, I could not get more than 75 hearts collected, even though I was the only one running the race (there were three whole people on the server at the time). The respawn rate for the hearts seemed a little show.

I went to Commonlands and ran into the same thing (leaderboard not updating, slow respawn rate on the hearts).
    Kaitheel likes this.
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Any chance of adding the Fires of Tranquillity on a quest or the merchant instead of having only the Fires of Anguish back?
    Cyliena and Kaitheel like this.
  14. Kaitheel Developer

Only the fires of Anguish are returning this year.

~Kaitheel
  15. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

boooooh! The blue fires look better and I used up my last one! ebil Kaitheel!

ok, hugs nonetheless for all the great job you did with Erollisi Day yet again :)
    *hugs Kaitheel and sends cupcakes*
    Kaitheel likes this.
  16. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I noticed while puttering around my museum that the Fires of Anguish are tradeable and the Fires of Tranquility are not, though they were released at the same time. Is this a new change related to this re-release?
    It's nice to see these one-offs make a return now and again. Maybe one of these days my desire for a Froglock Meditation pool will be realized ;)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  17. Kaitheel Developer

You are correct!
    ~Kaitheel
    Cyliena likes this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Why? Will they be alternating, and only Tranquility for next year? It's not like we really have The Bazaar any more, and people making money off "collector's items"... :-/

Uwk
    Kaitheel likes this.
  19. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

From what I am reading, there is a problem with the amount and spawn rate in the hearts race. Please keep in mind that those new hedge pieces will be needed in a decent quantity to do cool things like a hedge maze Alice in Wonderland style.

Are you going to improve the amount and/or spawn rate of the hearts? If not, there will be many extremely frustrated and unhappy house decorators this festival.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

Because there is always more that can be added!

~Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.