Erollisi Day 2013 - Feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Erollisi Day is active on Test and Beta servers!

Romance is in the air! Lovers and the often infatuated are encouraged to visit Antonica, Commonlands and the cities of Qeynos and Freeport to participate in contests and quests. In New Halas the Swornlove siblings' and several Sisters of Erollisi are looking for help in fulfilling the call of love. Meanwhile, love notes and message candies hold new worth with holiday merchants in Qeynos or Freeport and tradeskillers, alike.

New features for '13!

• New holiday achievements
      • Rose-Tinted Obsession
      • Lovely Lacquer
      • Cherished Confections
      • On Wings of Love
      • A Rose by Any Other Name...
      • Make That A Bouquet
      • No Love Lost Here
      • A Sea of Roses
      • Romeo's Got Nothin' On Me
    • Steven, the merchant, is now selling the recipe scroll “Romantic Gifts to Craft VI”.
    • Douglas, the merchant, is selling 8 new items.
      • Including a holiday flying mount for 500 holiday coin!
    • Love Loot (Message Candies and Love Notes) now drop from Chains of Eternity creatures: Lujien, Aslok, Tirun, and Gehein.

Returning features:

• In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Earning of romantic titles
      • Harvest Erollisi roses in The Enchanted Lands and give those roses to other players. Give enough roses and you will be granted a title!
      • Removed the auto granted quest "My Romantic Reputation". It is now offered to anyone that gathers an Erollisi Rose (if they don't yet have the quest).
    • Love Loot -During this holiday players have a chance of finding Love notes or message candies when they kill mobs all across Norrath. This love loot is used in holiday tradeskill recipes and can be exchanged for Erollisi coin by Liannya Heartswell.
    • Erollisi Coin -The holiday currency that several Erollisi Merchants require for purchase.
    • Exchange merchant, Heartgar MacInnes, will take all of your different Love Loot (Message Candies and Love Notes) and change it out for one single type. She can be found in Freeport and Qeynos Province District.
      • She now gives tips on how to gain Love Loot.
    • Players in Gorowyn that wish to participate can speak with an NPC to be ported to The Commonlands. They can be ported back, too.
    • Players in Kelethin or New Halas that wish to participate can speak with an NPC to be ported to Antonica. They can be ported back, too.
    • “Romantic Flower Petals” collection. Players can collect rose and chrysanthemum petals in Antonica, Commonlands, Qeynos, Freeport, New Halas, and Enchanted Lands (only certain ones spawn in certain areas).
    • Tradeskillers can still purchase previous holiday themed recipe books from Steven, the merchant in Qeynos Province District and Freeport.
    • Douglas and Steven, the holiday merchants in Qeynos Province District and Freeport, have holiday themed items for sale.
    • “Love Lines” quests - Repeatable, once per year
      • Added “Dalron's Hanging Rose” reward choice.
    • “Find 'em a Find, Catch 'em a Catch!” - Repeatable, once per year
    • Added “Red and Orange Hanging Heart Garland" reward choice.
    • “Shot Through the Heart” – NOT repeatable
    • “What's Love Got to Do With It?” – NOT repeatable
    • “Bouquet of Trust” – NOT repeatable
    • “Harts Full of Trust” – NOT repeatable
    • “Sacrificial Trust” – NOT repeatable
    • “Unforgettable” – NOT Repeatable
    • “Tainted Love” – Repeatable, once per year
      • Added "Fires of Anguish" and "Cowl of the Sisterhood" as reward choices.
    • “Heal the Pain” – Repeatable, once per year
      • Added "Tapestry of the Sisterhood" and "Cowl of the Sisterhood" as reward choices.
    • "Hearts a'Flutter: Antonica" and " Hearts a'Flutter: Commonlands" - Repeatable
      • Added "Red Rose Topiary" new reward choice to Enormous Prize reward choices.
      • Updated contest score board to show the top 10 scoring characters, and their top score. It will no longer list the same person more than once on the board.

This event content is currently set to run 02/07/2013 at 12:01 AM PAC time until 02/20/2013 at 11:59 PM PAC time on the live servers.

Please post any feedback and bugs that you encounter with this event in this thread.
    Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Couple specific things to note:

Live event achievements
    They are not tied to an event's activation. (As many players have noticed on Live!) This means that when the servers are updated the live event achievements will be listed. It does not matter if the event is active on that server or not.
    Yes, we plan to roll out more live event achievements!

In-game mail
    Please test that if you received an Erollisi Day mail last year, that you receive another one this year. (I have reason to be concerned!)

"Hearts a'Flutter" contests
    The contest score board has been updated. (Don't look so shocked!) It should show the top 10 scoring characters, and their top score. It should no longer list the same person more than once. So, if you were already on the score board with 99 points, but you just got 110 points, your score of 100 now replaces your score of 99 and it places you above the players with less points.

"My Romantic Reputation"
    Removed this quest from being offered to players every time they zone. (Don't be sad!) It is now offered only when a player gathers an Erollisi Rose in the Enchanted Lands, if they don't already have the quest.

~Kaitheel
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Your concerns were valid. Niami has received no email - and yep, she received it last year.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  4. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Ditto. I had ~15 letters in my mailbox from previous years. Cleaned that out placed roses in house, logged out and back in. no mail :(
    Kaitheel likes this.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The Antonica Hearts A Flutter scoreboard is not working - Nobody with 0 essences is still the top score, even after I ran the race 3 times to earn the title (in the 80s each time). (The Commonlands one is working, the Antonica one likes "Nobody" far too much.)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The E-Day "Heart Mounted Red Rose Garland" shares the exact same graphic/coloring as the "Heart Mounted Purple Rose Garland" - both are purple, instead of the red one actually being red.

The buyable "pink stained glass square" is more a violet than an actual pink ... perhaps a rename is in order? :D
    Kaitheel likes this.
  7. Aabari Active Member

Sadly because of the issues alot of people are having with the patcher im not able to get on the test server to see all the new goodies.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Crafting:
    "Imperiale Wine Bottle" - intentional spelling, or should it be "Imperial"?
    Imperiale Wine Bottle, Lovely Preserves Jar - only the cork displays in preview mode. The bottle/jar is invisible

Of the 6 items to be made on the Work Bench, 5 of them use sculpting reaction arts, the 6th (purple flowered shrubbery), uses geocraft. Not a huge thing, but oddly inconsistent.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  9. Soujness New Member

The green formal attire is a recolored of the elegant formal outfit, which is fine... But green for Erollisi day? I was expecting red, or pink or some other color... Green seems better for brell or such!

Also I was hoping for recolored scarfs that came out in frostfell, maybe a quest to get a scarf with a heart emblem on it instead of a snowflake! But alas none.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  10. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

No candies seem to be dropping anywhere.

edit: or love notes
    Kaitheel likes this.
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The Bow Mounted Red Rose Garland uses a bandana icon. (I'm personally not enthused by the look of the red/gold combo of the garland, but ... meh.) The bandana icon, though, makes it too easy to confuse gear with furniture.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  12. Lizabethan Active Member

I've not finished my testing yet (easily distracted, I am!) but I just had to say that I adore the Green Formal Attire. Although green isn't a color you'd normally expect with this holiday, the fact that it's all one piece instead of multiple parts that you'd have to take on and off is fantastic. And the detail! I love seeing items that could easily be bought for SC come to the crafters. Thank you!
  13. Mophia Active Member

OK, harvesting roses in EL. Last year I was getting between 1 and 3 per harvest, this year I'm only getting 1. Has this been changed?

As to the email, last year it contained a rose, this year an Erollisi coin, this an intentional change, related to when you get the rose quest?
    Kaitheel likes this.
  14. Aeriel Active Member

I received the mail today - an Erollisi coin was enclosed (previous years you received a rose but the message is different this time, it doesn't have the poem!). I checked two toons, both have had Erollisi messages in the past.

When you harvest roses in EL you receive between 1 and 3 roses, but the message in the chat box does not say how many (implication is that it is one). I cannot remember if before you were told how many roses you picked up or not.

I killed a load of yellow con goblins in EL but none of them appeared to be carrying any love notes or candy! Neither did the grey con undead in the Graveyard.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

As a player of several females, I cannot love these new outfits enough. Yeah, maybe the color was a bit unusual, but I love the look overall for both (refreshing to see a new [to me!] clothing design), and I ADORE the female's! Finally! SHORT PANTS!!! Our upper thighs get coverage! :-D

Uwk
    (and ladies)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  16. Gneaux Active Member

The numbers for the Hearts-A-Flutter contest should be the same as for the Frostfell race and Nights of the Dead race. to get a a prize of the Calla Lilies (which I used to stock up on every year) takes 90 something hearts but the amount for the huge prize for other holiday races is only 70, so there either needs to be a lot more hearts spawning, or the number amounts for prizes should be even for all races that occur for each event.

I used to look forward to being able to stock up on those Calla Lilies to decorate with, and have seriously not gotten a single one in the last two years that this was changed. Can we please have the numbers for the prize match that of the equal value to the Frostfell and Nights of the Dead numbers?
    Kaitheel and Absyntheea like this.
  17. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

I agree with this! I want some of those topiaries SO BAD.. but if the amount of hearts needed to get them stays as hgh as it is, there's no way I'll even be able to get a single one.

I am also surprised that the new formal outfit is green. I love it! It'll go wonderfully on my main.. but as was said before.. green would be better for Brewday... we should have red, purple, pink or even blue for E-day. ( I'm kind of betting we'll see the "appropriate" colors on SC. :-( )
    Kaitheel likes this.
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Ditto on the formal outfit love.
    I can manage the top race prize ... managing the achievement (100) is another story. :(

Quest question, Kaitheel. Are Sister Katey and The Lady of Insurrection supposed to remember which you quested with last year and shoehorn you into the same quest choice this year? If yes, then we're good. Sister Katey won't offer this me a quest but hopes the huntress will teach me the error of my ways. ;D The Lady of Insurrection is happy (well, that being relative in her case) to see me again.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

For those having issues getting hearts in the race, do not forget the Heart's a Flutter race spawns hearts pretty much all over the zone, rather than just in the tiny area near the starter like the other holiday races. I never paid attention to the numbers needed to get the prizes so I can't speak about inconsistancy there but I did want to say that there's a lot of hearts available for picking up.

OH and I can't say enough how pleased I am with the new holiday offerings, especially the dress & topiary.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

There are a few changes heading to the test and beta servers. I am not sure when they'll make it, but they should be listed in the update notes at that time:
    • Bow Mounted Red Rose Garland icon is now a red rose.
    • Red Rose Topiary can now be scaled even more!
    • Love Loot (message candies and love notes) should now be dropping!
    • Erollisi Day in-game mail should now be received by everyone, even if you received one last year.
    ~Kaitheel
    Finora likes this.