EQII client hangs when trying to log character in.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Sungi, May 15, 2013.

1. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Well you can add me to the list. I was able to play just fine Wed. 5/22/13 (both day and evening). I logged in today, Thur. 5/23/13 and I also get stuck at "waiting for entities" in various zones. I don't want to hear any more excuses that it is on our end or that something is wrong with Verizon Fios because I can play any other online game just fine. SOE (EQ2) needs to get their act together.

They can't afford to lose any more players. This has been going on for almost 2 weeks now. I think they should compensate those of us that haven't been able to fully play a game that we paid good money for. I am tired of being patient. :mad:
  2. Sungi Member

I played for a few hours up till now, in g fay, doing tradeskills. Then I logged another character on, and went from g fay to qeynos harbor (both used to be trouble zones). Then I wen to go from g fay to antonica and hung up at zoning splash screen. Exact same behavior as before, except it is a different zone, on permafrost server.
  3. Zoltaroth Developer

For these reports can you please post the following information when it happens to help us track down what is going on:

1) Server
    2) Character
    3) Zone you were zoning to
    4) Exact Text (and % if applicable) on the zoning screen
    5) ISP

Thanks, we are working on figuring out what is going on.
  4. Nielic New Member

Freeport Server: nielic butchersblock mountains 0% waiting for entities. once i was able to login but only partially. could not interact with anything. only few NPC's in background, cant casts spells or logout. ping was normal and packets being sent, just nothing being recieved on my end. also on freeport: dantrac qeynos 0% recieving zone info
    on permafrost server: nielik darklight zone. 0% recieving zone info. when had problem over past week he was one toon that always worked, but not anymore also on permafrost: dantrac frostfang waiting for entities 0%
    bascially if i make it past recieving zone info i get stuck at waiting for entities.
    ISP: verizon dsl
  5. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

@ Zoltaroth we have been providing this information in this thread and in our tickets to your TSR's. Also, the information you are requesting in items 1-4 changes on any given day. As of today for me:

1) Server: Antonia Bayle
    2) Character: All Characters (13 of them)
    3) Zone you were zoning to (One character was stuck trying to zone in to Antonica and all others are stuck in the guild hall.
    4) Exact Text (and % if applicable) on the zoning screen: "Waiting for Entities" and "Receiving Zone Info" respectively with no percentage on screen.
    5) ISP: Verizon Fios

I have been playing this game for the last few years with the same router, ISP and computer hardware/software. I haven't made any changes on my end. I noticed this issue started the day after your game patch on Tuesday, May 14, 2013. Prior to that patch I had no problems at all.
  6. Shanyssa New Member

1) Server-Everfrost
    2) Character- Several of mine, did manage to get a lowbie one I have played a couple times to log in to DLW but didn't bother doing anything else with her
    3) Zone you were zoning to- For the most part it's the guild hall
    4) Exact Text (and % if applicable) on the zoning screen- "Waiting for entities" seems to be the main sticking point
    5) ISP- Verizon Fios

Just think it's really odd that we can sometimes get this character or that one to actually log in-- which tells me that it's nothing to do with our ISP, but definitely something on your end.
  7. Sungi Member

For these reports can you please post the following information when it happens to help us track down what is going on:

1) Server
    -- Permafrost

2) Character
    -- Sungi

-- Going from Greater Faydark to Antonica via World Globe

-- Splash screen hang, lower left corner says Receiving zone info, progress bar is blank, as if no data is transfering.

5) ISP
    -- Verizon FiOS

This seems to be a geographical and ISP isolated problem, so my guess is some sort of network issue between Verizon and SOE servers.
  8. Nexusgrey Member

1) Server: Oaisis
    2) Character: All of the over 15 toons
    3) Zone you were zoning to: it could be anywhere on any zone its fairly random
    4) Exact Text (and % if applicable) on the zoning screen: 0% in to either the Loading Entities screen or loading zone screen. You know that you are not going to load because the Exit icon will not work on the Entities screen
    5) ISP Verizon Fios on east coast. Harrisburg pa
  9. danarion New Member

1) Server: Butcherblock
    2) total of 5 accts - multiple characters
    3) Zone you were zoning to - (1) toon is stuck in my guild hall. Cannot log into that toon from launcher. Other toons in ST: contested.. logged in with no problems. Been CoV'ing to the GH quite a few times yesterday as well as zoning into EW and ST:Awakening (played 3 or so hours - no probs)
    4) Exact Text (and % if applicable) on the zoning screen - same as the others ' "Waiting for Entities" and "Receiving Zone Info" respectively with no percentage on screen.
    5) ISP: Verizon FIOS, Portsmouth, VA

Update: just had friend zone the stuck toon into EW. I then tried to log onto that acct. NO SUCCESS.
  10. Sungi Member

I was just able to log into Sungi in Antonica, then came here to post. Hope I can get back in when I go back.
  11. Sungi Member

Ok, went to log back in and can't. Hangs after selecting character during splash screen.

1) Server
    -- Permafrost

2) Character
    -- Sungi

-- Going from character select to Antonica

-- Splash screen hang, lower left corner says created 32 entities (first time), progress bar is blank, no percentage started
    -- Splash screen hang, lower left corner says created waiting for entities (second time), progress bar is blank, no percentage started.

5) ISP
    -- Verizon FiOS
  12. danarion New Member

Update: my toons that were safe in ST: contested are now hung up. Can only /exit and now unable to log into any account. Think i'm giving up for the night / day. I see possibly another weekend of limited play.
    /frustrated
  13. Goodheart New Member

I had this issue last weekend. They fixed something and I was able to get in Tuesday but now, logging in tonight, I have the same issue all over again. I can't even get in the game.
  14. Myxx <Into Harms Way> Maj'Dul

Having the same problem again , stuck at zoning. This was fixed Tuesday and tonight it's broken again. =\
    1) Server - Butcherblock
    2) Character - all
    3) Zone you were zoning to - Plane of War
    4) Exact Text (and % if applicable) on the zoning screen - Zoning Recieving Zone Info , no %
    5) ISP Verizon Fios 75/75
  15. Auorali New Member

Right now all but 2 of my characters are stuck. Neriak hangs after 19 entities created, all the others except for the one in Cobalt Scar hang when creating entities starts. This is really starting to get old...
  16. Melrik New Member

1) Server - Oasis
    2) Character - Hinu & Matooz
    3) Zone you were zoning to (Hinu into Qeynos) (Matooz into Freeport)
    - Loading zone resources no progress OR
    - Waiting for entities no progress
    5) ISP - Comcast
  17. Nexusgrey Member

Now I for one have been very supportive of the work that the SOE staff have been trying to do and will continue to be with this odd is the word I will use issue we are having with connecting but I just noticed and its not a surprise if you have been playing long enough that we are going to have a XP, Sale ect weekend. This was as i said if you have been around for a while was expected. What was not expected was the fact that we cant get on our toons for the weekend. That being said minus the tickets we have submitted and this thread no one else seem to know or have been told meaning why haven't you at least put the issue on Facebook? I am a tad ticked because I along with others I am sure take the opportunity when the double Xp happens to level smaller toon or in my case help my guildies with there smaller toons. It is not that we are being unreasonable but like last night I was in the middle of helping guildies and I zoned and poof I was gone. I now have to attempt to contact these ppl to inform them that I may or may not be able to help them and only on the hopes that i can zone from one place to the other and make it. This is more than frustrating now
  18. Jazzer New Member

I'm still having the same character loading issues as well. An earlier post wanted me to install Direct X 9. I have Direct X 11. Should I not be running 11? Also, my ISP is Comcast, not FIOS.
  19. Shanyssa New Member

So bout 1am est I could log into my guild hall on 3 chars, but soon as I try to zone to a prestige house (3 different ones), they all get stuck zoning. Won't let me log them back in either. Really hope you guys get this worked out before the weekend. *sigh*
  20. Payer New Member

Server: Unrest
    Char: Cech (as well as all the others on the account)
    Zone: House
    no percentage indicator, "waiting for entities"
    Thursday Night (8:45pm, 23-may)
    Verizon, FIOS, southwest of Philly

Tried this morning (8:24am 24-may), same affect.