EQII client hangs when trying to log character in.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Sungi, May 15, 2013.

1. Melrik New Member

- Who is your ISP ?
    Xfinity

- Physical location (City, State, Country) ?
    Eagan, MN USA

- What is the make & model of your modem ?
    Cisco 2100 Cable Modem

- Type of connection (Wireless/Wired) ?
    Wireless, but also tried wired

- DSL, Cable or Fiber ?
    Cable

I started to have the same issues late last week. I cannot log into certain characters in certain zones and if I am playing ones in "good" zones, if I zone into one that does not work, it does not load and does not allow me to get back in.

I have two different computers with the same exact issues. I have a support ticket in and after the usual fixes, it was suggested I tried to connect without my router. I was able to bypass my router (LinksysE1000) and connected straight to my modem and it seems to have cleared up the issue. Has anyone else tried this? I would be hard pressed to think it is a mass outage of routers...
  2. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Well Melrik I guess you just blew our theory out of the water that only people on the east coast with Verizon are having this problem. Sony has tried to say that Verizon is at fault and your ISP is Xfinity. I know that all of our routers aren't to blame. I checked my router tonight and made sure all the ports needed to run EQ2 are open and working properly....and surprise! they are.
  3. Nexusgrey Member

Hello Melrik and Miz is right about out theory my only question is so far your the only person in the midwest that have reported this that we know of, at this point i am sure you are up to speed with what we have so far, but you had to not use your router to connect if i am reading you right, just wondering why we havent heard from more from the midwest
  4. Melrik New Member

I made sure mine were open too, but that did not seem to matter. Can you try without the router?
  5. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I haven't tried bypassing my router yet, but I shouldn't have to as it is working perfectly. This problem is on Sony's end and they need to fix it. Up until 2 days ago I had been playing EQ2 without any problems with my current router, ISP, etc. for several years now. I don't want to sound like a broken record, but all of my problems seemed to arise after their patch on Tuesday. I appreciate you sharing your experience though Melrik. It's funny that I don't have problems with any other online games, just EQ2.
  6. Melrik New Member

I agree that something happened recently because I have also been playing for some time without issues as well, and in fact, I am still able to play some on EQ2, just not certain zones. That is what is blowing my mind. It is making little sense to me.
  7. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

The GM's put most of my toons on the Antonica docks and they are the only ones I can log in. A lot of good that does me as if I try to zone elsewhere I hang at zoning screen and can no longer play that character.
  8. Nexusgrey Member

I too have not tried to bypass my router but with Miz I too have had the same setup for a while now. I hate to lay the blame solely on Soe but when you gather all the info that we have the one thing that seems to have changed was the update. That being said we still want to try to get as much information as we can.
  9. Nexusgrey Member

I have said this before but i will say it again as it could be important. I have 3 accounts and while all of my toons are stuck a few on my wife's are not, granted she has to stay in the zone she is in or she too will get stuck but from her point of view i have logged in and seen in our guild as being on and in the world, thing is i haven't fully logged in and stuck in on the Loading Entities screen.
  10. Myxx <Into Harms Way> Maj'Dul

Ive been raiding for years with no problems, now out of a dozen characters I can log in on one , a level 25 conjy that is standing on a griffin tower in Thundering Steppes.
    I can't get past the loading zone resources screen on any other toon.

- Who is your ISP ?Verizon Fios
    - Physical location (City, State, Country) ? Center Square, Pa USA
    - What is the make & model of your modem ?Netgear wpn824
    - Type of connection (Wireless/Wired) ?Wireless
    - DSL, Cable or Fiber ?Fiber Optic

If I can log in completely on one , maybe it isn't the ISP.
  11. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Let's just hope they get this fixed soon. It sucks to pay for a game you can't play. :(
  12. Nexusgrey Member

Hey Myxx, sorry to hear whats going on with you I am sure you have read what is going on here and you too seem to fit the the base pattern. I would suggest you not move the conjy. Miz at this point I have missed my raids as well as other things i was to do Soe needs not only to fix this they need to do "something" to make amends for dropping the ball on a service that we are paying for. Trying really hard not to make this become a unproductive flame but patients is getting thin as I see more ppl have this issue that could have been nipped in the bud early
  13. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Ok every one, I just checked my email one last time before going to bed and got this. As you can see they are finally acknowledging the problem is on their end, its not our routers, ISP or anything connected to us:

Greetings,

Thank you for providing me with this information. There currently appears to be an issue on our end which we are in the process of investigating, and this information will assist us greatly in doing so. I will be providing more updates regarding this issue at the following forum thread which I believe you have posted on:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/eqii-client-hangs-when-trying-to-log-character-in.535402/

In the mean time I would suggest keeping an eye on that thread for more updates regarding this matter as they become available. I apologize for the inconvenience in the mean time.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Sean F.
    Technical Support Representative, Tier 2
    Sony Online Entertainment

Contact SOE Account, Billing, and Technical Support
    Phone, Chat, and Email: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28939
    Response Via Email (TSR Joseph B.)

Even though this has been very frustrating for all of us, I do appreciate the efforts of TSR Sean F. and others for finally seeing this thru. Hopefully they will get this fixed soon! Good work every one on keeping this thread going and good luck!!! :).
  14. Nielic New Member

thank you miz for posting that. i was just posting up my expierence with WoW to highlight that it might not necessarily be verizon. If melkrik was able to fix his with a different service in the midwest, theirs might have just been a one off issue that just happened to occur same time as ours did. and to comment on sungi's experience mine pretty much happened same time. i played till bout midnight tuesday night with no problems then when i got off work wednesday and logged in around 6pm is when i started having problems. guess just something weird happened where if u live in VA MD or PA and use verizon it caused a communication problem. i know its been couple days of back and forth but glad they are starting to narrow it down a bit. and i also do appreciated the all they help the gms and tsr's have been doing. i know they have to ask some of those questions because many times that is they case. we just want to play lol. i just started playing for first time two weeks ago just my luck to get a problem like this
  15. Nexusgrey Member

Well as of right now my toons are ok zoning to different areas. i haven't checked them all but it seems to have been fixed at least for me right now. To all who worked on this issue we are very grateful but I as well as other would like to know what caused the issue to begin with for future reference
  16. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I am glad you are having better luck Nexusgrey, but I just tried to log in a character that was left in Cobalt Scar and it still leaves me hanging at the zoning screen with loading entities. I was however able to call to the guild hall with another toon that was put on the Antonica docks by the GM's and I couldn't do that before. I guess they are still working on it. TSR Sean F. said he would keep us updated in this thread when the matter is completely resolved. Guess I will just have to be patient until then lol :(.
  17. Stratavari New Member

Still having issues on this end. only 2 characters can log in. Whats the status of this? This is getting seriously annoying.
  18. danarion New Member

Allowed me to log in to my characters last night and finish an instance. All got stuck again zoning into ST: contested. I have not been able to log on since then. /sigh
  19. Nexusgrey Member

right now I am not having any problems zoning. I am in Harrisburg, pa for location reference sake.
  20. Melrik New Member

Ok. So I am still having troubles with the router, so I tried again to bypass and I was able to get onto a character that was stuck. I then proceeded to move to another zone and wham, it locked up loading the zone. Then I was not able to log back into that character. So I do not think it is router related for me either.

Thanks Miz for posting the response. I will just have to wait like the rest. =/