Eq2 Players Guild Chat. aka Chat with your Guild!

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Pilni, Oct 1, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-rpg_asmadi Guest

Yea I'm having the Error 303 issue also, I thought it might be the network at my job, the head IT guy is a good friend so I had him bypass my IP through any port blocks and got the same error. I came home tried my ISP connection, same thing, error 303 NAT/Firewall, so I set my router to just be one big open connection no ports being blocked, and got the same error.
    Funny thing is I just signed up for station again today because I thought everything was working, seeing as my character profile was updating properly, just so I could use guild chat while at work...

Question is, what port is the chat client trying to access? Maybe I can configure my home network to accept it, though I don't see what good it will do since I've literally made my router a hub with no firewall.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lohkei Guest

The guild chat use to work with the mac web browser "Safari" just fine, even when IE7, IE8 Beta and Firefox would give me a NAT error. Now guild chat gives the same error on all my browsers. I have tried this on mutliple networks at work and around the city on my vista laptop, as well as at home on my XP pro desktop. I don't use the chat feature all the time, but when I do its nice if it works.
  3. ARCHIVED-Dougdoug Guest

Hi all,
    I have good and bad news. We are working on a fix for the guild chat, the good news is at this moment it appears to be working partially and the bad news is that it is only partially. Right now if you try to use guild chat you will get a message after loading that should give you an option to either "Retry" or "Cancel/no" if you continue to hit the retry button it will eventually load. As soon as a permanent fix for this issue is made, I will make sure to post it and let you all know.
    If you have any other questions please feel free to ask

4. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

Dougdoug wrote:
    Thank you!
  5. ARCHIVED-Dougdoug Guest

You are most certainly welcome.

Also I noticed that the default chat font can cause error messages when you attempt to type in the guild chat. To avoid this problem, just go to the guild chat options and adjust your font to something else and you should not receive this error.

6. ARCHIVED-Dougdoug Guest

FYI I am aware of the guild chat not going through. Meaning you can load the guild chat but when you type, nothing happens. I believe this is caused due to a fix going in for the guild chat, once the guild chat is up and running again I will be sure to post.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dougdoug Guest

Good news! The guild chat fix is in, online and working. So go a head and chat with your guild members to your hearts content.

Please let me know if you encounter any new issues, hopeful that will be 0!

8. ARCHIVED-Silvarae Guest

still getting

303 fatal error cant connect to server (possible proxy/ NAT network error)

now we do run behind a proxy server but it goes through port 80. what port is the chat server trying to go through? does your chat server not allow connections from behind a proxy server?

any help would be gladly appreciated.
  9. ARCHIVED-Lowell_high Guest

Tried with FF and IE, still cant get in - Fatal Error.
  10. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Jubilee@Nagafen wrote:
    They know. They are abandoning the old system and are writing an entire new chat-with-guild system.
  11. ARCHIVED-Razieel Guest

Anyone else having issues with guild chat AGAIN??
  12. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Razieel wrote:
    See my previous post. Until they have a new system, the old one is going to be broken for just about everybody.
  13. ARCHIVED-DarkViper Guest

There's an outage at the moment, we have a team looking at it and should have it back up shortly.
  14. ARCHIVED-Razieel Guest

Barx@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Nope can't read
    Anyhoo Thanks Dark
  15. ARCHIVED-Razieel Guest

Nice job yall got it back up and running pretty quickly I am impressed