Eq2 Players Guild Chat. aka Chat with your Guild!

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Pilni, Oct 1, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Mr. Dawkins Guest

Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties accessing the Guild Chat page. It has been reported that a few of our players are experiencing the same issue. Our development team is currently working on a system wide fix.
    *I have processed a refund in the amount of $2.99 for your recent purchase of EverQuest II Station Players. Please allow 7-10 business days for the funds to post to your account

The red made me laugh as I know it is a lie. But hey I got my money back, you can too :)
  2. ARCHIVED-munch2006 Guest

Hey all, I am on the butcherblock server along with Miss Zemi(Its Enola Zem /nudge nudge), I have been having an ongoing conversation with TSR, after, CSR, after some Ltuttle person, and have still gotten no reply on what the issue is or how long it will take to get fixed. My husband started a post under the Tech support tittled Chatting with your guild from Station players not working. I had received an email today saying that i am getting a refund.....how much? how long? what its for?? I have no clue LMAO, so now I guess I will wait another 3 weeks to find out exactly what my refund is for. I do have to say that this Ltuttle person is not the person to talk to about getting refunds....evidently they dont feel that it is important, why you ask??? well lets just see.....hhmmm people will look at it as well its only $2.99 a month its not alot of money, so we dont bother letting anyone know that there is a problem, add that up people....3 months, 6 months, a year???? How long has it not worked for you??? My husband started having the problem about 6 months ago, I started having it a few months ago, getting fatal error disconnected, no big deal really cause after mashing the retry button a few times it finally let me in. But since the maintenance on Oct 16,2008 (Yes sony you are dealing with someone who actually keeps track of this sort of thing) I have not been able to get in at all, and like everyone else I have cleared cookies, caches, temp files, the 9 yards, I have IE AND firefox, i actually got different errors, but still no luck in getting on.
    Look Sony I am not trying to get people to gang up on you but you know what??? If it wasnt for all of us paying the monthly subscriptions and buying the expansions, none of you would have a job right now. I am not one that says the customers always right, no one is perfect but for crying outloud, alittle acknowledge would be nice, we are paying customers regardless of how much or how little the amount is. And just to quote TSR Daniel from my other post:
    If you're getting that specific error then you'll want to try bypassing your router temporarily. The NAT error you're receiving is common when the router has a blocked port.
    I would not advise contacting the ltuttle@soe.sony.com e-mail for this type of issue, though. He handles refunds outside of the standard policy and doesn't usualy deal with this type of problem. I talked with Jeremiah and I think he was just confused about what you were asking for. Please PM me your station name and I'll get that taken care of for you so you don't have to worry about it. Make sure the topic of your PM lets me know which issue you're referring to since I get quite a few.
    For anyone else having this problem, I would advise calling the support line or submitting a standard support ticket. Mr Tuttle isn't supposed to handle cases like this and e-mailing him will cause the process to drag out longer than necessary.
    Thanks for listening everyone, I hope this might help some or at least open the eyes of Sony....I am not afraid to call people out.

Latest update from Sony: his was from your contact with one of our CSR's on the forums about problems with Station Players. he was under the impression that you no longer wished to have this on your account due to problems with it. I gave you a refund for the most recent month of station players on the account. If this was in error please let me know and we will leave the features on your account and it will bill you normally next month, otherwise the features have been removed to keep you from getting billed further for it.

Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. Take care and have a nice day!

FINE give me a refund and cancel my station chat LOL....I would say let me know when it is fixed but we all know how that will turn out LMAO
  3. ARCHIVED-Sadsongs0001 Guest

Three weeks straight and it's still down.
    Come on SOE, fix your system. Or is this just a move to push us into the "friends" system on Station Launcher *Beta*? If so, it's not good, as that does not let one chat with the _guild_ just people. Not what I'm paying for.
  4. ARCHIVED-Skandragon Guest

And... it's still broken.
    Just how long does it take to repair a service that is pretty damned trivial to break? :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

Hey guys,
    This feature is not handled by the game team so unfortunately I can't find and fix the problem myself, but I'm doing everything I can to bird-dog the issue and see if we can find out what's happening.
    I just wanted to let you know the game team is aware of the problem.
  6. ARCHIVED-Teircen Guest

Thank you Rothgar.
    At least having some acknowledgement that there could be a problem and someone is at least trying to get the right people to look in to it does help. Up till now it really has felt like the responses have only been either no response at all with them ignoring us or telling us to "open a ticket" to which we already know we'll get no useful response. Those just make it feel like we're being told it's our problem, not theirs.
    I can understand if it takes time to isolate and fix the problem. I can even understand if they're short-handed or busy and can't fix it right away. If whoever does deal with this could at least check in and let us know why we're sitting here for weeks without acknowledgement let alone fixes and a potential ETA for repairs it'd be a big step in the right direction.
  7. ARCHIVED-munch2006 Guest

Teircen wrote:
    Nicely said. And I agree, not saying anything is the worst thing that anyone can do. Just a suggestion, with all the posts that are out there, you may want to spread the news with the other TSRs out there, I must say besides you speaking up the only other that has been any help at all is Daniel, so please dont keep all the others that are having this issue in the dark
  8. ARCHIVED-Starfar Guest

I believe that much of the problem is caused by any flash player upgrade from Adobe that is past v5 all of the newer ones use added layers of security to play videos from Youtube and what not. I believe it is this security that is causing the proxy error. I ran into the same problem: I could use it on a system that ran a very old version of flash but not a newer version. when that little pop up came up saying upgrade available I inadvertantly clicked it and as soon as it was done I wasn't able to chat anymore.
    Hope that helps point the SOE team in the right direction. I believe they would need to recode it to utilize these new security functions.
    In the meantime I have an old Pentium 3 sitting beside me at work that has old flash on it so I can once again chat with my guild
    Cheers!
  9. ARCHIVED-Trepan Guest

Numakoros, I'm curious what version of flash you're using. I've got a box here that has the same version of flash it had earlier in the year when things worked for me, and although I don't get the NAT errors my other machine does, I recieve the error "You have no characters in this guild".
  10. ARCHIVED-Sidhel Guest

Thanks for the update I suppose, Rothgar. But hey, guess what? Still not working for me for any of my machines. Reposting:

This hasn't worked for me in months. I've followed all the troubleshooting in these threads--clear cache, cookies, temp files, make sure I'm not behind a proxy, etc. etc. etc. and the exact same problem. This is not client-side, SOE.
    Same error on 4 different browsers on 3 different computers on 2 different networks:
    Error: 303 - Cant connect to server - (possible proxy - NAT - network error) in the web client, Antonia Bayle server

Firefox 2.0.0.1.1, Windows XP
    Firefox 2.0.0.1.1, Windows VIsta

IE 7, Windows XP
    IE 7, Windows Vista

I even tried Google Chrome and Safari on 2 different XP machines on 2 different networks.
    Firefox 2.0.0.1.4, Windows XP, IE
    Well over 6 months that this hasn't worked for me. Closer to a year now.
  11. ARCHIVED-munch2006 Guest

Lets just face it people our issue is minor.....SOE has a hard enough time fixing the big problems do we REALLY think they can or will fix this??
  12. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

Enola@Butcherblock wrote:
    I appreciate your vote of confidence and someone from our platform department has been made aware of the problem and is looking into it. However, I do not have a time frame on the fix. When I hear something more I'll be sure to communicate it.
  13. ARCHIVED-Trepan Guest

Thanks Rothgar. I, and I'm sure most of the rest of us, really appreciate what you're doing to help alleviate a problem a different department is having. Big kudos! /em adds Rothgar to the "buy them a beer at FanFaire one of these years" list.
  14. ARCHIVED-Dreyco Guest

I would almost argue that this software should just be scrapped in favor of the Station Launcher. Add guilt chat functionality to that? And we'd be set.
  15. ARCHIVED-White_Wolf78 Guest

I hoestly cannot remember the last time i was able to get this program to work it has been along time
  16. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

It's junk, in fact all of eq2players 'extra features' are pretty much junk, heck even the character transfer is currently junk.

Experience has taught me that SoE don't do websites well, they have a habit of trying to overengineer them so you end up with certain browser/pc/flash/etc combinations not working, servers that refuse to respond in a timely manner, database errors etc etc

As controvertial as the whole Zam deal is (in some peoples eyes) I would urge SoE to strike more deals, I have never had anywhere near as many problems with fansites or places like Ten Ton Hammer. SoE should just scrap web production, they haven't got the skillset!
  17. ARCHIVED-Sidhel Guest

Hey guess what, it's still not working.
  18. ARCHIVED-Trepan Guest

Dreyco wrote:
    Well, we'd still need the chat servers to be up and working for this to be viable, and right now they're whats down.
    And I have more of a use for the chat servers beyond the website chat interface. Losing them would make me sad (much like I am right now).
  19. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

Thank you for your response to this Rothgar. I'm sorry you're here having to deal with complaints that another department should already have been working on though.
    Oh and /HUGS Enola!
  20. ARCHIVED-Zhaal Guest

The guild chat feature still doesn't work. I used to use Trillian and/or EQ2GC to chat to my guild. Trillian now just returns an empty list of characters and EQ2GC just sits there waiting for a reply from the server about the characters on your account..
    I can chat to friends from the station launcher, any chance we can get the guild chat feature added to this software since it's most of the way there already?