Eq2 Players Guild Chat. aka Chat with your Guild!

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Pilni, Oct 1, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Pilni Guest

I tried the Chat with your guild feature on Eq2players.com
    Well, sadly it did not work and I cannot figure out what's wrong with it.
    This is what it says when I try to connect to it:
    ::Fatal Error::
    Can't connect to server (possible proxy / NAT/ network error)

Any ideas?
  2. ARCHIVED-TSR-TrevorG Guest

What browser are you using? I am able to use guild chat in both IE7 and FF3, although I did need to clean up my temp files and cookies before it worked.
  3. ARCHIVED-Galeden Guest

I am also having the same problem. I use IE7, and I have tried it on a couple of computers, as well as installing firefox and trying that. I do not use any proxy, and have tried clearing my files and cookies
  4. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

It's not working for me either, and I know it was just the other day. This is the message I get:
    :: Fatal Error ::
    Can't connect to server (possible proxy / NAT / network error)

I work 2nd shift (prime time for my guild), I miss chatting with my guildies!
  5. ARCHIVED-Trepan Guest

I'm not getting any characters listed in the drop down. Little help!?
  6. ARCHIVED-Vivyan Guest

Same issue. Not able to select a character...

This was working fine yesterday.
  7. ARCHIVED-Trepan Guest

Still broken after the Maintenance... what you'd do, paint 'em?

External Chat server doesn't seem to be connected to the player database to retrieve characterNames. Port 5222 authentication is working just fine with the secure session ID, but no character list returned. No character, no join guildchat channel... no good.

I can provide XMPP debug logs if that'd help any.
  8. ARCHIVED-Mr. Dawkins Guest

9. ARCHIVED-Vivyan Guest

5 days it's been broken...

Is anyone trying to fix it? We're paying for this service and can't use it =(
  10. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

Vivyan wrote:
    Honestly.
  11. ARCHIVED-Daysy Guest

There are numerous threads about this. It's been broken for weeks, if not months. It's been tried with different browsers with different operating systems on different computers using different ISPs from different countries but still Sony doesn't even acknowledge that there's a problem, let alone say anything about fixing it.
  12. ARCHIVED-Trepan Guest

Daysy wrote:
    And because someone has already mentioned it, there's no reason to let anyone know more people are disapointed? Because it was working for me until last week, this thread seemed the most appropriate as the other threads were older - perhaps my problem was related to these folks' more than the problems mentioned in the other threads.
  13. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

It's kind of intermittent for me. About a year ago I had been unable to use the service for 18 months when a new SOE rep came in and sorted it. I think it tends to be a EU server thing or even maybe EU IP addresses. Whatever, because the bulk of the US players weren't experiencing the problem it never received too much attention by SOE. One day we will all be treated equally.....today however is not that day.
  14. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

*tap* *tap* is this thing on?
  15. ARCHIVED-Sadsongs0001 Guest

I plan on calling Sony about this. I plan on asking for two things:
    (1) Them to fix it.
    (2) A refund for the time it was down on both of my accounts.
    I also plan on calling them daily until the matter is resolved. This is important to me; I use guild chat for many reasons, and not having it work is actually a bother.
  16. ARCHIVED-Sidhel Guest

This hasn't worked for me in months. I've followed all the troubleshooting in these threads--clear cache, cookies, temp files, make sure I'm not behind a proxy, etc. etc. etc. and the exact same problem. This is not client-side, SOE.
    Same error on 4 different browsers on 3 different computers on 2 different networks:
    Error: 303 - Cant connect to server - (possible proxy - NAT - network error) in the web client, Antonia Bayle server

Firefox 2.0.0.1.1, Windows XP
    Firefox 2.0.0.1.1, Windows VIsta

IE 7, Windows XP
    IE 7, Windows Vista

I even tried Google Chrome and Safari on 2 different XP machines on 2 different networks.
    Firefox 2.0.0.1.4, Windows XP, IE
  17. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

Sadsongs0001 wrote:
    As a guild leader I take my job seriously. I like to be able to have guild chat running in the background at work in case there's something I need to handle, and just have some connection with my guildies that aren't on at the same times I am during the day. These things are important to me.
  18. ARCHIVED-Daysy Guest

Trepan wrote:
    Of course not. We don't have any option but to keep posting here and hope that somebody someday takes some notice. I tried sending a /petition about it but instead of them addressing or at least acknowledging the problem, I got told off for using the facility for a problem which isn't strictly in-game.
  19. ARCHIVED-Vivyan Guest

Zemi@Butcherblock wrote:
    I am a guild leader too.. And I do exactly the same... This is very very annoying......
  20. ARCHIVED-Sidhel Guest

Daysy wrote:
    Threads on this keep getting closed/locked/deleted, so... Someone has noticed, but rather than try to recognize that there's a problem that needs fixing, it's being swept under the carpet. This hasn't been working properly for me for over a year now (though granted, there've been spans of time where it did work) and the only recourse I have is to either cancel the service or keep posting on the support forum in hope that something gets done.