Epic Weapons - Epic Fail ?!

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Yahku, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yahku Active Member

Hey,

i cannot resist but to write a few words about the topic which is - or at least was - most exciting for most of the players about Kunark Ascending, the Epic 2.0 Weapons/Quests.

After a long artifical delay time due to ascension level prerequisites, the epic 2.0 content is in game now - or is it not? Thousands of players try to find it but are not successful in countless hours/days now. Every reasonable NPC, zone, object has been checked and the ppl continuing their search are focussed on searching old zones pixel by pixel. Please help me understanding it, where is the fun in this? However, this rises another question for me:

• Has Everquest II turned into an adventure?
    But even in an adventure game, players get serious hints what to do. They know stuff like "i have to pass this door, so i have to improvise to get rid of the guard and need a key or something to climb!" Here we have nothing except for trolling - which is okay and fun for a short while - but after this long time it is not fun anymore! No problem with hard challenges, having to search for something (serious hints assumed), but this is somethign different: a pure waste of much time.

If the content is in game, this is just harassment. The progression race would be not based on skill and diligence, but luck.

However, is the content already in game? We had tons of unfinished content and known bugs from beta to live, so maybe it is the same for the epic 2.0 content? And yes, i know of the rumors that some have discovered a queststarter, but these are what i just stated, rumors only.
    Uyaem, Xyno and Nemee like this.
  2. Nemee New Member

no worry Yahku i´m thinking about other games, can invite u to join it

a game without kidding from gamemasters who sitting whole day on his golden toilet sponsored by hard working peeps who want to have fun in game and buy a lot of stuff ingame
    Yahku likes this.
  3. Firi Member

100% Agree
    The fun is realy over!
    Hours / days searching for nothing

Which makes me the most annoying is the Epic 2.0 Raid Progression block we kill all encounters in a nice time and now we are stand on T4 Mobs with Epic 2.0 requirement and realy NO HINTS or Infos.

Epic 2.0 is the worst action of all times in EQ2

At this point i think the Epic 2.0 is not finished yet and not in game

Cheers
    Yahku and Xyno like this.
  4. Brightlyz Active Member

Agree, for me having the epic would be fun. I dislike randomly searching through old content trying to find something that may not even be in game yet. I can barely tolerate doing the sig-lines so maybe im just biased.
    Xyno likes this.
  5. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Epic fail looks about right to me - main selling point of the expac and they both time gate it and hide it (or simply haven't put in the quests). Once I realised how stupid things were and devs were actually trolling players, I gave up looking
    Brightlyz likes this.
  6. Brightlyz Active Member

Exactly, I mean i was fine waiting till lvl 5 but this is getting ridiculous.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

It's not even been a week...

Original epics took longer than this, and the BL/Channeler ones hadn't even been found by this time.

If you don't like the search then wait. Some people enjoy the searching part. It's not disrupting your gameplay is it? You've got a whole year of the expac to get them.
  8. Brightlyz Active Member

Good point and thats exactly what i plan to do lol. :)
    Katz and Trepide@Storms like this.
  9. Yahku Active Member

Actually it is disrupting my gameplay. No problem to wait for the information from others about a "nice to have" or even a powerful gamechanger from a quest. But the next raid named we have to fight for progression absolutely requires the epic 2.0 weapons and can not be damaged without.
  10. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Hello Yahku,

well I think you do it a little exaggerated with your statements. You're "Unreal" at the moment because you're not the first to get the fabled versions of the Epic Weapons and you're worried about your raid content.

But you play here a game, which always Ever Quest is called and actually should be the name program here.

You will definitely stay ahead in the content, as you can solve almost everything with pure DPS, but now you have to go also the way of the normal.

The story links at the moment seem not really understandable is probably so, but simply goes the same way as we all and looking around. At some point, someone will find it, which gives the information and then you will be as always with the first to be the front line with the Epic 2.0 and fabled and mythical version.

So come back down, play your game and search or wait, as always, when there are tasks to do, not always DPS and platinum is the solution to all things.
  11. Dithmir Active Member

I do sympathise with raid guilds as the new epics do potentially pose a threat to the leaderboard positions... dedication and skill may no longer be enough on their own. Although I think the reality is that no guild will complete the epics before the developers want them to. For me personally I feel the mystery and intrigue surrounding the epics can only be good for the game, they add in another dimension other than simply grind the same zones over and over to 'win'.
  12. sycla Active Member

Really sorry the Dev's did not send you your Epic 2.0 in mail :(
    Ingerimm likes this.
  13. Yahku Active Member

You have not really read what i wrote. I don't want the weapon for free or just for killing everything. No problem with a bit of puzzling and so on. But can anyone explain whats fun in hintless searching in a gigantic world as well as progression decided by randomness? It is called Everquest, not Eversearch. So where is a quest which i can follow - even if its not in my questbook i am looking for hints/tasks which is not cryptic/useless trolling.

By the way, i did the old epic puzzling out things with my group, same for soulfire karma, and it was fun. Every step took its time and it was okay. But there was progress, there were hints . . .
    Xillean likes this.
  14. Ronjah Active Member

The statements of the OP give the impression of early defeat because being stuck at solving the one and really big challenge of solving a hard riddle (not a bit of puzzling) and asks for more help or hints. Why? Fear of losing the progression race. More hints would spoil the fun for the other players who are trying harder and take their time to think more thoroughly about this challenge. There is no rush to get this done, this is not meant to be like a task of your to-do list to finish from your job. The only valid concern is the doubt whether the epic 2 content is actually part of the current game and this is impossible to prove without hard giveaways from the designers.
  15. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

It should be clear to everyone that so early Dev's no real clues deliver.

With the Epic 1.0 it was exactly the same, you have experienced it at the time, so what are you excited about?

For example, Do not have any progressions lists, because they have nothing to do with the fun in the game. Progressive lists are a pure dong comparison of people who mean they are better than others.

Leave the whole thing some time and everyone will get their Epic 2.0, if we find something, you will get the information already.
  16. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I agree with Yahku. it's one thing to have a long and diffcult questline. it would be one thing if these damn places we've found and things we've found that are CLEARLY part of the damn thing gave us ANY hints or information we coudl actually use. but there isn't any. right now we are literally just going zone by zone by zone, a milimeter at a time, mousing over everything and logging every word, hoping that MAYBE someone will stumble on it. then we get told that there are pre-reqs for the quests from Caith, with NO information on what those might be.

so there's a good chance someone or dozens of us have stumbled on the thing, but didn't have some prerequisite from some quest in some zone in who know what expansion to actually start it. We need a REAL hint. a expansion to comb through. hell give us the damned prerequisites and let us figure out how those will work together to give us some idea of who or what we're looking for.

the very fact that people are literally transcribing every single word of every single quest in KA looking for a hint should let the devs know that it's gotten out of hand. give us something REAL to work with. hell even if we knew that say the starter was in Kunark. that at LEAST narrows down the zones, it at least gives us a focus, some kind of starting line.

Right now this is just basically an exercise in fultility. and even in Epic 1, they gave the playerbase actual, tangible clues. it wasn't a bunch of nonsense that lead to or hinted at exactly nothing other then to piss people off at the feeling of being trolled by Kander.
    Yahku and Lojaak like this.
  17. Suraklin Member

I hope Kander stops giving riddles/hints and everyone loses their minds over a virtual weapon in a virtual world.
  18. Lojaak Well-Known Member

This. I feel like I am going to have to do every quest I possibly can to be in with a chance at having the right prereqs to even find a clue that points me to the starter. I rerolled from my old main a couple months ago, so hardly anything is done with my new main. Which leaves me looking at around 5-6 THOUSAND possible quests as prereqs, not counting factions, achievements or collections. Sure, I'm hammering through Heritage/Hallmark/Sig quests as they are most likely to be the main contenders, but it's still not a fun position to be in. If I knew the prereqs, I'd be happy enough to start searching around for things knowing I wasn't running past something that isn't visible to me because of a block.

There's too much lore in this game to be so vague about it all.
    Yahku and Prissetta like this.
  19. Raenius Well-Known Member

Epics 1.0 were optional, you did not need them in order to clear RoK back the day - in fact, many guilds had to NOT use them for Trakanon since they caused lag deluxe on this fight.

Epics 2.0 aren`t, they block raid-progress which is a basis for many players to compete in - it doesn`t matter if you compare it being a dong-contest, especially if you aren`t remotely capable to compete yourself.
    It is a sportsmanship to keep the flame for this game running - if someone stirs to much in your coal you`ll lose the fun.

Personally, I enjoy a good hunt - but without a given direction but even some ruses woven within (maybe decent) hints isn`t somethig I would call fairplay.

I don`t expect to let me /claim it, neither to receive it in my ingame-mail for X-mas - but just the location for the very first start would be enough - if it is a long quest with hints in quest-text only and lots of "current-zone: ???" all is good.

Don`t bother with this thread it if you aren`t competitive / eager to be first - enjoy the game otherwise.
    Yahku likes this.
  20. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

This is already the right time.

Only the raid progress lists are not created by Daybreak but by the players.

If you do not like this, change the raidprogress list and do not ask the game to match your gameplay style, or not? :)
  21. Briggy New Member

I like to have an Epic 2 and I like if its a long quest wehre you got much to do but what i realy doNT like is this searching for the needle who Starts it..... its called everquest so stay at it make a long long quest but not this..... thousend of Players try to find it with no realy Clue wehre it can be and I See you need some Pre requiements for it but who know wich all? maybe people found the Start but wont be able to get it since somethig is Missing but no1 Knows what is missing or needed for the Start only Info we get is ascension lvl 5....

at least give use Infos where it starts than we can go.. when during the quest line a riddle comes than its Part of the quest but than your get more Infos like this... atm its like theres an Epic 2 gl to find it.
    Yahku likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.