Epic Weapons - Epic Fail ?!

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Yahku, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inesk Member

I would just be happy knowing what the prereqs are so I can start going through all the old content to be able to even see the starter.
    Lateana and Aryasine like this.
  2. Kander Developer

I guess you'll have to wait for the walk-throughs.
    Luciar and Ronjah like this.
  3. duckster Active Member

Surely another hint outside of disabling NPC chat/narrative before the holidays would be well received by the community...

It is the season of giving after all :)
    Kethtaal, Febrith and Prissetta like this.
  4. Switsgar New Member

How about a new questline in a local area, that gives legitimate clues for those who actually pay attention to the dialogue? I hate to be a negative ninny about this whole Epic 2.0 situation, but the fact is that most of your players don't pay attention to these forums and the whole " working together as a community" thing doesn't happen because unfortunately those who are in these forums tend to be sarcastic, trolling, donkey rear ends. Also the fact that our contact in this forum has been Kander... is very unsettling after his childish sabotage of the duck zone "hints" he gave. What you have going on here now is a large number of people logging out and giving up, frustrated people who have given up on looking for the weapon, and a whole lot of worthless information about the idea of the epic weapons being spread like wildfire through a bad game of he said she said, telephone game. Kander: Heres 6 things i said one of them might be a clue. In game: Kander said its over here. It's going nowhere very quickly. Give us a source we can trust. Thanks.
  5. Lojaak Well-Known Member

There won't be any walk-throughs at this rate if nobody can find the starters, because it's up to the community to create the walk-throughs. The way it is going, the people that are actively trying to look are slowly giving up because it's not much fun.

The haystack is bigger and the people looking for the needles are fewer than for the 1.0s.
  6. kluxor Well-Known Member

I too, was super excited to hit level 5. That excitement has slowly waned with the frivolous search for the quest starter. We're all down for a long, difficult, and deep quest....but very few are enjoying the starter hunt. Every so often something class specific pops up, bit ends up being a dead end. Without the slightest clue where to go, what pre-reqs are needed, etc it seems everyone has lost interest and are just waiting on the small handful of people that are still searching hoping they'll clue in everyone else.
  7. Rainmare Well-Known Member

and the idea that we're over thinking it, that it's archtypal, go back to our roots has also turned up to be...yay, exactly NOTHING again.

we've scoured Queen's Colony and Qeynos and Kelethin and New Halas a thousand times now and found nothing. I swear the Devs seem to seriously either overestimate thier players, or drastically underestimate how 'simple' something is to come across. I just spent an hour literally going to every single NPC that even LOOKS like it might be a fighter, every place in Qeynos that I know is fighter related. and nothing. I did it in Kelethin already, and I've been through new Halas. and I also went to Queen's Colony to every single npc there. Nothing.

I don't know how much more 'to my roots' I can damn get.

It's getting to the point that if you don't want your big raid guilds to basically rage quit because they can't progress without 2.0, and a good bit of your casual crowd to just not bother to play once they finish the sig line, then we're going to just flat out need the damn starters or need a Zone or something to hunt in.

what's going to piss me off this time is I bet the damn quest is stupidly short and easy, it's just finding the starter that is an exercise in frustration adn your trying to lengthen the time by make us frustratedly, rage-inducingly aggravated with half *** vague 'hints'.

I'm a Fighter. that's my Archtype. I've gone to every npc I could find for the fighter line in Qeynos as I'm a goodie, and nothing. I've scoured every inch of the Fighter Guild in the Harbor, nothing. I've moused over the barracking in NQ, nothing. my paladin trainer has nothing for me. the guy that gave the class armor quests, nothing. every single guard, and qeynos guard merchant, and nothing. the Fighter member(s) of the Council of Ten...nothing.

I noticed I coudl get into Starcrest Commune, the only suburb I still have access too. ran over it with a fine toothed come in every building I coudl get into and every nook and cranny...nothing.

got access to the Queen's chambers...nothing.

So I give up. I got no place else I can think of that is my 'roots' left to go.
  8. Firi Member

@Kander all people were happy yeah we can start Epic 2.0 and do the Quests in the Christmas Holidays

And now all Players are massiv frustrated and have no more ideas and give up

I ask you seriously was that the intention of the Epic 2.0 that players are ****** up by looking for the needle in the haystack?
    Lateana and Kethtaal like this.
  9. Anatha Active Member

I wonder if by "roots" it would be the starter island that everyone started from. Just an idea. I don't know.
  10. Kethtaal New Member

I have never posted in the Forums before... But I just wanted to weigh in. I've done the Sig line, got my off hand and upgraded it.... working on ascending..... almost level 5......I have ran the Adv. Solo's and done the key quests.... We even have done a few Heroic Zones... I am not in a Raid Guild. I am wondering what is next.... it seems that no one can start the Epic 2.0 ...... I have all this time off for Christmas and the way it looks..... there will be nothing to do except burn my Daily Ascension XP..... sounds boring.
  11. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Been there. talked to every npc there, ran over every inch of it, and there's nothing that I found at the very least, and certainly no NPC that gives anything.
  12. Ashandra Well-Known Member

There is way more content to sift through and less people to do it then when the original epic quest lines came out .
  13. Ronjah Active Member

I bet you all will get a big Christmas present very soon.
  14. Rainmare Well-Known Member

and I bet we're going to have to complain and grumble for another 2 months and then they'll give us an actual hint, and then get annoyed with how diligent and devoted we can be about figuring stuff out when we have an actual starting point.
  15. Dithmir Active Member

There is an awful lot of moaning on these forums. Far too much of, I want this, I want that, its not fair, lifes not fair. These epic quests have to be by far the most intriguing aspect of the game and yet somehow there are still people who moan. You have to consider that there are many people that are thoroughly enjoying the challenge of finding and completing the quests. Completing these epics is not luck at all, you make your own luck in life.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

There ARE people who are on at least some of them. Those people aren't sharing. Why get angry at the devs and not those people?
  17. Wurm Well-Known Member

Why get mad at those people either? They want the discos and I can't really say I blame them. I for one am enjoying the hunt. Been in zones I haven't been in ages. I haven't had much luck but at least I'm trying.
  18. Switsgar New Member

And you have to consider that there are many more people ( based on the general tone of the servers I play on) who would at least like to experience the content. Make the mystery smaller and the challenge within the quest. I've played several games and the ones I enjoyed the most had something exciting to work through. While you may find sifting through old content aimlessly meandering through grey mobs- you should consider that it isn't everyone else's cup of tea. In fact; I'd argue that it is a bit strange to advocate for something so dull and monotonous. Pour through this thread; you'll find a vast majority of the players would be okay with a challenge as long as it involved a tangible thought. I don't care if I have to continue fighting a quest NPC on an extremely difficult- unforgiving script. ( Some of the most exciting PC and console games alike have almost impossible quest content- but at least there is suspense and action while wrestling through - Take GTA 5 (Chris' Boat) or FF10 (Seymour) for strong examples - I'm sure we can all think of better examples.

The point here is that many of us are level 5 ascension and have finished the signature line- and while we used to be able to resort to endgame content ( raids ) when we've finished the content from an expansion pack- the content requires the weapon that nobody can or has found.

So because they want to have their name on everything and have extra time to make sure of that, everybody else should be stuck wandering around like morons for nothing wasting hours of their time all so they can have glory. In that case- lets take a look at the list of discoveries and anybody who has their name on everything should be excluded from groups, raids, and ignored' left to run laps around their guild hall- because that is the closest comparison I can find to this nonsense.
    But just ignore my moaning! Everyone else does. Apparently I just whine a lot because none of this crap makes any sense. I've just wasted my money getting boned by DBG for a 1 week signature quest line and the promise of some grand weapon that is intended to sell us old content we've already purchased in order to keep us occupied. Get real!!!
  19. Dithmir Active Member

The problem is, if you guys had it your way, where you knew what to do but it was a challenge, it would be completed already. Too many players simply want instant gratification, we live in a world where we can have what we want and have it now. Good things come to those who wait. Patience is a virtue.
  20. Shmogre Well-Known Member

They figured it out, so can we. In fact, it's a good sign that someone has already started on it: it means it's definitely in the game, definitely able to be found, and definitely able to be started.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.