Epic Weapons - Epic Fail ?!

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Yahku, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronjah Active Member

Epic 2 are part of raid progression. See them as a named you have not beaten because you have not found the right strategy yet.

There isn't anyone who has an advantage making it unfair. Withholding information is not unfair. As a raid force you would also not share information on nameds which noone else has beaten yet. Maybe after you killed it. The same principles apply to Epic 2.

While having the objecting and ambition to be the first it is inadequate to ask for more clues. You have to earn this top position. This time the means and ways are just different from pure raiding.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

If raid progression is your issue, you better hope your guild can work quicker than the other guilds to figure it out and complete.

No guild has any advantage over the other, so if others put in more effort to get the epics, then they deserve the headstart I'm sure.
  3. Ashandra Well-Known Member

All I can say is hurry up wiki.:)
    Febrith and Prissetta like this.
  4. rutro Well-Known Member

Ya see!!...this game is different from WOW and other MMOs for a reason. If you don't like time sinks and want everything handed to you...like WOW. Well....go send out your minions to gather your epic and raid gear for you in WOW. That would most likely ease your mind a lot....(not everyone is into Pacman, and not everyone is into chess) This game has turned into a solo instancing game from mostly WOW players complaining about how hard it is...or that you do not login to free loot every time you login. ....This game is great for a reason...it takes at least a little skill and or patience....
  5. Aryasine New Member

I think it's a personality question what is important for you.
    I like quests and that already ok if the questline have 50 steps like old questlines.But to search in this whole big world without any informations is for me without any fun.
    Please tell me who is fun, when you work and after them you come home and you fly to old zones with grey enemies to get a little little little little chance to find something maybe. That is not fun and no gameplay. I like Everquest but to search something anywhere is just frustrating not more.
    Ashandra, Yahku, Lojaak and 1 other person like this.
  6. Aryasine New Member

Sorry for my bad english -.-
  7. Uyaem Member

Blah blanket statement blah WoW blah EZ mode.
    Done yet? Good.

May I just state that reading comprehension on these forums has reached an all time low. Noone is asking for free stuff. Noone is asking for it to be easy. Noone is asking for it to be quick.
    People are asking for it to be fun. People are asking for it to be a puzzle. In a game such as EQ2, this would mean lore, a lengthy quest line, and a cool reward that made it all worth it.
    Are you seriously telling me the excitement to start a quest should exceed doing the quest? I think this is reallly the underlying concern... a lengthy, random hunt for a pixel to click, which then can be finished in no time once the first person figured it out.
    Again, a quest or quest series with pointers off difficulty and logic are by far preferable over a random search - for something that may not yet be in game.

Peace! *mic drop*
    Ashandra, Yahku, Xillean and 3 others like this.
  8. Raenius Well-Known Member

That is the most inadequate comparison I have ever read - it is like you telling a sportscar driver competing for a championship to figure out where his car has been parked in order to win the race. Not helpful.
    Yahku likes this.
  9. Raenius Well-Known Member

I did not ask for more clues, I asked for standard information that has been given with anything else regarding the game since it went live.
    And thanks for letting me know I have to earn something, that was so uncommon to me.
    Usually I just log in and all is done - you have a special place in my heart.
  10. Azian Well-Known Member

My recollection is that the hints became more pointed as time passed. I'm assuming we'll get the same in this case. One way or another, we'll get them eventually.
    Febrith likes this.
  11. Carthago Member

I joint a game called Everquest, not Everquess!
    People tell about hints from devs? WTF? I need to communicate with devs to find a hint to find the starter of a quest? I don't commucate with devs, so where to I find a start? I feel the envy of people saying, " you are no1 in progression, so have fun finding the starter!" Yes, maybe by luck someone will find something somewhere, sometime. But I hate games that rely on luck. I like games that rely on skills. I you had not mentioned there was an epic quest, I would not even know about it, because there was no hint in the game. Now if there are people who enjoy searching for pixel in the whole on Norrath, than let them have their fun, but don't combine it with a necessary item for Gameplay. It makes me feel like you do not have enough programmers to write a content to last 6 months, so you invented this silly idea of extending the time artificially.
    Stop this noncence and start acting like game players again, please.
  12. Azian Well-Known Member

This isn't aimed at Carthago as much as the general premise that is often, in my opinion, grossly misused. I didn't play the original Everquest. My understanding from those who did is that it had relatively few quests in the manner that we currently associate them. Even now in EQ2, I find it highly amusing (irritating?) that people say "OMG the frickin game is called EVERQUEST" which clearly means you have to DO QUESTS to be playing the "right" way. That is just plain wrong in my opinion. People saying this are being WAY too narrow-minded in their use of the word "quest" in this context. The entirety of this game and many others like it is that you are on a grand and adventurous "quest" seeking fame and fortune or whatever your heart desires. It is not that you need to see Halfling Billy and go swipe 6 naked mole rats from the pilfering bugbears who looted his traps!

I do think it's time for a bit more direction from the Dev team. We don't have access to population numbers but common sense and the lessened number of servers and activity on each of them certainly would say that there are far fewer players working on finding these items than there were around for the original epics. This will make figuring out the various steps of the quest and even just finding the starter much harder. Add in that there is a disincentive for the highest tier raiders to spread any knowledge on the matter outside of their guild that they may discover is also a hindrance to getting the Epic 2.0s really rolling.

To sum up, stop with the "Everquest" stuff but at the same time, dev team throw us a bone here! One with a bit of meat on it please and thank you.
  13. Ronjah Active Member

It wasn't meant to be helpful or make to give a good analogy but it's all good since you got the idea.
  14. Ronjah Active Member

I was not referring to you personally but rather to the complete raid force which tries to be best in this game and whose members in particular are asking for information here. Sorry if this was not clear enough but please don't use sarcasm since you don't have to stand for that attitude.
  15. Redlight Well-Known Member

It would truly be nice if the starter became available for the upcoming holiday season when so many people have time on their hands, epic questing with belly full of turkey sounds ideal, Devs please make it happen.
    Trepide@Storms and Ashandra like this.
  16. Raenius Well-Known Member

Alright - no harm done.

I just tend to take it personally when I get quoted.
  17. Kander Developer

Exactly. Just like every single epic weapon quest before it.
    Luciar and Ynnek like this.
  18. Rainmare Well-Known Member

except with Epic 1.0, we had realtively straightforward clues to where they might be. we had factions and places to search, it wasn't a completely random guessing game encompassing the entire game world. like for the Paladin one, we knew pretty much from the get go it was going to involve Marr, so we had a general idea of the types of things we were looking for. still took us a bit to find the starter, but it was a LOT less frustrating then 'any thing, in any place, in any expansion MAY be the thing you need. oh and that's provided you have the hidden pre-reqs that no one knows about either.'
    Surgeon likes this.
  19. Surgeon Active Member

Once you're past the frustrating part tho it becomes fun again.
    I believe we're close and lots of time was wasted on irrelevant stuff.
    Raenius, you have the 2nd-most achievements of all players in eq2.
    One would think you'd meet the pre-requisites.
    But I don't see you participating or any of your guild sharing any info.
    Epic1 was a community effort.
    I wrote it before, eq2 has a community problem.
    Too many egomaniacs.
    Too many game of thrones players.
    This game was always about playing together.
    So play together, share info, find stuff.
    There are still a few threads unexplored.
    Go find them and explore them.
    Trepide@Storms likes this.
  20. Aryasine New Member

When you only need luck then its not ok for blocking raidprogress. Because the weapon are requirement of raid enemies. That means nothing with skill or strategy but a big portion of luck?
    I have a suggestion. The Dev can give all archtypes give a puzzle per ingame or in forum. Nobody want a easier quest. But to search in this big world is really no fun to see "ohh a new cave in nektolus or maybe not" because new player do not know which area is new or not.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.