Epic 1.0

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Conifur, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Tupperbeast Active Member

I do not think that you understand what I meant it is here just around people synonymous who are newly entered.

I play the game from start so much longer than you with your ranger, I have looked at each quantity server viewed me to get to know many players.

Much has been changed in years and always the negative of the whole game system, not for nothing we lost thousands of accounts in eq2.

And just someone like you the itself not in the high end content plays much different, perhaps you should spread your energy further in your forum.
    I think it is not good to change from my point of view again and again to change old.
  2. rutro Well-Known Member

LOL! Feldon- For the Visual Learners ?
  3. rutro Well-Known Member

Good info- I am thoroughly convinced that A) A lot of newb players are ninja hardcore console players and do not really understand the concepts of MMO. B) Vet players that are so bored of the game that nothing will satisfy them (except easy kill raid mobs and more epeen stats on instanced raid gear). I think the pole EQ2 should take is one that would determine how many hard core raiders are left. If they are max 25% of the pop...I would listen more to the gen population. Just me...
  4. Lojaak Well-Known Member

I came back to the game in March after a long break. I levelled pretty much everything from scratch, and have 8 level 100s, at least 6 of which have done FULL mythic, BEFORE I did ER on them. IT IS NOT HARD TO DO IT THESE DAYS.
  5. Wing Member

I DON'T THINK ANYONE IS SAYING IT IS HARD. Actually I feel the opposite, it is so mind numbingly easy that I don't feel like wasting my time with it. I did it on 6 classes when they first came out, 4 of them through the mythical before the end of RoK. I did it on another 4 toons before ER came along and allowed me to skip it on the rest of the toons I've leveled up over the years. My main problem with it is that I had two accounts back then but only sub one now. That means there is a high likelihood that I'll have to repeat quests that I did on the other account. I know it was mostly bad luck but I spent hours a day for nearly 2 weeks trying to find the earthvine in KJ, that was after leveling up to 45 in a tradeskill so I could use the divining rod (they have since removed the restriction) and that was just a small part of the quest. I realize that it would all be much faster now but forgive me for not wanting to do any of that again. I loved RoK 9 years ago but at this point I've spent enough time there that I really don't feel like completing long quest lines in greyed out zones. Well maybe the swashbuckler epic because it was pretty fun but I don't even have a swashy anymore.
    santargria likes this.
  6. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Have you try it? I actually did all pre-requisites on Beastlord and did took time
    Lets see
    Speak Volan (about 30 minutes give or take)
    Speak Froglok (about 40 minutes a lot running thou lol)
    Thinkerer bag (about hour many be a bit more - to many small substeps)
    7.5k faction with Otmirs - well about 2-3 hours or so because there is no fast way of building this but 2 repeatable task that net you around 400 faction per run total - in a sense you need kill 8 crabs and 6 eels over Over and OVER again again and again :(
    45k! faction with dwarfs - you have to nearly complete whole quest line in Jasarth Wastes (except for last quest) - at very least 3-4 hours (and yes your hands going to get tied of smacking tigers/rhino/chickens/scorpions
    So just to START BL Epic you need to spend good 7-10 hours of grinding
    rutro likes this.
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Really? have you soloed BL epic all the way? :D
  8. Conifur Well-Known Member

Thank you to the first two people for answering my question.
  9. Elinea Well-Known Member

I checked a handful of my characters, and almost all of the older toons, created more than 5 years ago, have their epic quests done (although none have done the mythical) and I don't remember doing it. Not on any of them. Maybe it's just the effects of aging, but on some of these toons, I was almost sure I didn't, because the Epic Repercussions quest is done on every toon I have over 80 (and there's a ton of them).

However, there were some new toons I created when IoR released and I did ER on them, and today I went back and was able to complete the Zerker epic in a matter of a few hours. I am dreading some of the others that are newer toons so have never done any of the faction required. I can't even tell you how much I hate faction grinding. I'm going to have to pick and choose which toons I plan to aim for the epic 2.0 on. Unless the devs decide to allow for the purchase of heirloom faction tokens like they did for some of the Velious factions back when DoV launched.

Maybe? Please?
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

BL and Channeler are more difficult and were added later.
  11. Malleria Well-Known Member

Even BL and Channeler epics are easy at this point. I did all of the BL epic fights with just a tank and healer helping when it was current, so beyond soloable now with ToT gear. Channeler was a bit more challenging during ToV, but hp pools have more than quadrupled since then, not to mention the drastic increase in cb/pot, so I have no doubt it's completely soloable now too.

Heck I killed pirate kings with a couple of friends the other day just to see if we could. Completely heroic geared, they fell over in a few seconds, so even the Channeler myth is easy.
  12. Lojaak Well-Known Member

That's good to hear. I'm working on my Channeler epic at the moment. I need that amazing looking bow!
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Its not about fights - its about scripts - you can to click 3 idols all in same time ... kind of not possible if you are solo :)
    rutro likes this.
  14. Elinea Well-Known Member

I just did the BL epic the whole way through a couple of weeks ago. I only needed help on the "pull three levers" part, and the Statue of Rallos Zek at the end. Just me and two others did those parts. I haven't tried the Channeler one yet.
  15. Tupperbeast Active Member

Wanted Daybreak would offer for us on the live server another possibility or rethink with the Epic 2.0.
    Finally, at the time Sony was still a component of the Dev Teames, the Epic Repercussions is inserted and because same has the same meaning as the normal execution at the end you have to also make Buff for a quest series.^

For Tle Server it may well be normal and this quest series since it belongs to the current content, but we are in the area of the new Xpax so lvl100. And why should we go back to an old content around this partial depending on the class long quest series.

So Daybreak we live in 2016 not in 2009, I'm talking here not for me but for a number of many people who just because of their work or other little time have available and then still have to faction fights these people will be taken on time of the game fun .

So I would like to ask your mind and heart with the game also to find another possibility, after all, we want to continue to fill your pockets with money and continue to explore new content.

For people who like to love the old system which I also very much appreciate there is also the possibility of the TLE server otherwise we would not need this anymore synonymous and you could save you so further money at another server the unnecessary money costs.

Especially people who have more than 5 chars will be a hercules task and they are the first time only to build faction or hq questen to make their preparation of epic start.

Just because of this I also address this topic, perhaps you could find a solution for all sides would be nice, thank you.
  16. Exarthious Member

ALl that you have to do is take 5-10 min to get epic 1.0 and you keep the epic rep buff still
  17. Tupperbeast Active Member

lol i will see how you make in 5-10min the epic 1,0 if you Need factions on tank classes + hq and frog language or other languages, i was ask for other plan other way for peoples where have 5+chars and have done the ``ER`` . EQ2 is all the time go back we live in 2016. i know the game is hit to 13years but db let the game die out or where is the meaning.

For those who want to fight through the new x pac should not be changed in the mind simply their epic 2.0 immediately start to be able to be despite the ER updates. Members pay a lot of money for attorney what they have bought since the prices do not speak for it.
  18. Spindle Well-Known Member

I, for one, am having a good time going back and getting Epic 1. Been mentoring down with a couple of guildies and really enjoying going through Kunark again. Forgot how stunning the zones are.

Yep, definitely looking forward to getting all the epics and working on 2.0 on a couple in the new expansion.
    Raff likes this.
  19. rutro Well-Known Member

Here it is 2k16 and I cannot understand one work you said, and I am a D student from the sticks...
  20. Tupperbeast Active Member

If you're a student you should understand it, or if you're new to the game, you will not be able to understand it. Or let it be easy to continue to give a comment on it was about the topic of Epic 1.0.

If you as a student is not clear that a forum is there for discussions so I think you are wrong anyway here.