Epic 1.0

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Conifur, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Conifur Well-Known Member

They stated today that one of the requirements for Epic 2.0 is to have completed the actual Epic 1.0 and not the shattered weapon one. How do you tell which one you did so I can decide if I want to go back and redo the whole thing? I know one a few I did the actual Epic 1.0 but I also know on some others I just did the ER.
  2. Lojaak Well-Known Member

Check your quest list on EQ2u? it'll be under signature quests, level 85.
  3. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Lv85 sig quest, like Lojaak mentions.

If you aren't sure on your class's title, give this a quick browse: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Epic_Weapon_Timelines

If you're uncertain as to whether or not the APPROPRIATE name is in your book (I recall a couple of other sig lines possibly having one or two phrases similar to our epic lines, namely the Weapon Conversion quest), just find the appropriate starter npc and see if they have a quest for you; if it's not enabled and you're level 93-100 (Grey range for 85 quests) make sure low level quests are enabled.

I would also recommend making a mental note of which factions you need -- Paladin for instance needs one of the STRANGEST factions imo maxed for being able to complete their epic quest.

Also, a good idea is to do as many steps as you can on the 1.0 while looking out for shinies on the ground -- you can guarantee that this news on Epic 2.0s will send the shiny values through the roof for these quests...AGAIN lol.
  4. Mojoslayer New Member

HI Guys,
    Conifur you might want to add Epic 2.0 to title of this forum also..since we discussing that also.
    I'd like to say to whom ever made a Channeler or Beastlord recently (like for that free 95 Character promo recently) or anyone who wants to make one of these classes for that matter! DayBreak are you really going to make these players to have to do 2 very Long Epic style Quests, which normally take weeks or months to complete for some people for them to receive a 1 viable Epic to play now. I hope Not...I feel bad for those players already.

As far as locating the Epic Quest, that's correct it is in signature area under completed quests and it would be called either the Name of Last quest done under your Epic timeline or the actual name of the weapon.
  5. Conifur Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information, time to go look.

I guess a second question would be if you did the original quest, then betrayed will that count as completing or will you have to do it again on your "new" class?
  6. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

It mentions on EQ2 Wire that if you completed the Epic 1.0, then betrayed, it will count as having completed your epic. Seems it's less the weapon, but the logged quest, that they are flagging.
    captainbeatty451, Feldon and Conifur like this.
  7. Indy Member

I'm showing that I have both repercussions, as well as the full epic 1.0 quest line completed. Will repercussions hinder any of 2.0 or Ascension class stuff in the new xpac if I've also completed the full epic quest line? Thanks.
  8. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Epic Repercussions, according to Kander, has no bearing on Epic 2.0. You can complete ER and still do your Epic 1.0, even, as well as it's Mythical Version if you want the upgraded appearance, without suffering any consequences.

That said, Epic 1.0 has to be completed regardless of if you have ER or not.
    Feldon and Indy like this.
  9. Indy Member

I have the Mythic version of the weapon done as well. That answers my question. Thank you very much. : )
  10. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I'm not happy with doing Epic 1.0. At all.

I came back just to say, I'm still not happy with it. I can not see the logical side of having to do a level 35 heritage quest.. a language quest..90k faction grind... /sigh - this is another "hey, this sounds good in theory, but in practice is terribad" type situations. Whoever is making these decisions to push players backwards in the game in order to move ahead, please stop it. Please.
  11. Stimps Member

I have the epic quest in my completed but dont remember doing it.
    Seefar likes this.
  12. santargria Well-Known Member

This is quite confusing to me:
    Does this mean, if you did the Epic Repercussion quest by obtaining the shattered weapon in Tenebrous, you will be unable to do this Epic 1.0 and 2.0?

Something doesn't sound right to me
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

14. Tupperbeast Active Member

Why do you offer an Epic Repercussion and change in the system to Epic 2.0, makes no sense.
    We have many people who have made this version or get new Players.
    Is this your goal also these people with a system to chase away.
    Many of us pay a lot of money to get the game alive, many pay year by year all the new Xpacs. Please try to find a different solution for the new players, too, and let the people who finished the Epic Repercussion have a chance on the Epic 2.0
    santargria and Kalderon like this.
  15. Tru of Guk Member

Seriously folks at lvl 100 you can probably do your epic 1.0 in 1 day solo including faction grinds....and you got a month to do it...chill.
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

When the ability to skip the Epic Weapon quest was put in over two years ago, I'm guessing the team didn't think they'd be revisiting Epic Weapons. Now they are.

No, the goal is for players to play the game. If you never did the original Epic quest, then you aren't being asked to repeat content, you're being asked to do content you've never done before.

What is stopping you from doing Epic 1.0? Most of them have interesting stories and all of them can be soloed.
    Armageddoux, rutro and Stealthmode like this.
  17. Feldon Well-Known Member

Exactly. And if it takes a month to get Ascension Level 5, then that's 2 months for people to complete their Epic 1.0. Plenty of time. Heck, you can actually slow down and read the dialogue. It's pretty good.

I completed it on my Ranger when it was new content. It took me 6 months to get groups for all the kills.
    Stealthmode likes this.
  18. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Actually, if you look @ the posts on the Wikia for the epic timelines, it mentions that if the mobs are gray, in most cases the faction is irrelevant (Inquisitors have to talk to a mob on one of the faction tables, but they will still answer you and update the quest if you've greyed them out despite not having the faction). There may be a few exceptions, though.

I also feel very sorry for Beast Lord and Channeler.
  19. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

I dunno, I enjoyed the BL epic quest, and I did it when it launched so the last fight was really, really challenging lol.

Assassin - I'm not looking forward to that. :( Need 50k faction with Teren's Grasp just to even start it (to buy Investigation skill).
    Plus the step where you have to have 5 people in a group clicking on statues...sigh. There's a reason I skipped the old school epic on my main and just did ER lol. Oh well, guess it will be fun to mentor down and go slaughter things in Kunark again.
  20. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I did it on my SK. Wont do it on my alts, even though they are 100. I don't play them enough to justify the time. *shrugs* I have alts, but I don't suffer from altoholism. However, good luck to those who do!
    santargria and Stealthmode like this.