End of Kilji/628/Sai and all other procs

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Kala Asuras, Jul 10, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-TerriBlades Guest

I did read the rest of your post, but the highlighted part struck me as kinda funny. Why should our DPS greatly exceed that of say an assassin? Because they get hate transfer and poison blade? Thats by no means utility. True it could be considered more then we got, due to the fact that our agro reduction is a self buff, but it doesnt warrant "greatly exceeding" them on DPS. The same can be said for Wizards and Warlocks. All four of us offer very little to a raid but DPS. Do you remember KoS? When rangers werent even wanted in high end raid guilds? Because our DPS could easily be replaced by that of a brigand? If you allow rangers to "greatly exceed" assassins, locks and wizards, you end up putting them in the same spot that we were in for a large part of KoS. That wasnt any fun for us, and I wouldnt wish that to happen to any class. We both know that if rangers had this T0 DPS that you claim we should have, there would be no need to bring a warlock, wizard or assassin. I will agree that I would like to see more distance between certain classes DPS wise. Preds and Sorcerers should have a decent edge over Summoners and Rogues. Despite what they claim, they do have greater utility then we do. I wont agree that we should exceed assassins and sorcerers.
  2. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

Nesse@Oasis wrote:
    Every pred/sorcerer who knows there classes will agree with you, but getting any kind of summoner/brigand to agree with you even if they have a head on there shoulders is going to be like hell freezing over :p Watch this turn into a troll fest really quickly nesse :p
  3. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Mortred@Befallen wrote:
    For the sane rogues and summoners they will admit they should not be doing as much as pred/srocs. At least all the ones in my guild think it is whacky that a swashie can parse up there with pred/summoners. Brigs dont really parse as high as us anymore. At least our brig is down around 1.8-2k while our swashie is 2.5k zw. But you are right, most rogues and summoners will get their panties in a knot about that subject
  4. ARCHIVED-TerriBlades Guest

Mortred@Befallen wrote:
    Im sure it will Mort... Im sure it will. The point isnt to start a fight over who should be T1 and T2, but the fact still remains that they have more versatility in raids then straight up DPS classes. I was merely using that as an example. I just dont agree that rangers should have the sole position of highest DPS class. It should be shared with the other 3 classes, and the gap should be bigger between rogues and summoners. Often this comes down to several different factors. Group makeup. The ability to play the toon properly. Gear. They all bear some weight on how well the classes will perform, DPS wise, at raids.