End of Kilji/628/Sai and all other procs

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Kala Asuras, Jul 10, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Kala Asuras Guest

Yep, You heard right. We have until GU38 to enjoy it. Aeralik posted "Well back to the rumors, this will be coming probably in GU38 when the dual wield changes are now scheduled to go live rather than in GU37." on the EQ2Flames forums in response to the rumors of the proc being removed. Link Before anyone gets upset that this information was presented on EQ2Flames before it showed up here I just want to point out how thankful I am to have a dev willing to engage in dialogue with the raid community at all. Lets be honest, that takes guts. Despite every one's insistence upon the proc working as intended they always seemed more of an oversight to me than anything else. Yes, I will miss the 4-5% of my zonewide the Kilji proc has done for me but as always we as rangers will adapt and carry on. At least this means I can stop camping that God forsaken Master Miner. So.... with that in mind what do you all think will be the best combo will be to carry us through the time between GU38 and the release of RoK? My vote is Maestro's Flame/Howler.
  2. ARCHIVED-CapnJax21 Guest

[p]This sucks big donkey testicles.[/p][p]Well, guess I'll work on alts til raid time. Why do they keep on removing the few items we can have to be what we're meant to do - DPS. Since thats the only thing we're good for.[/p][p]And I can't really understand why some people (nonrangers) are arguing that it was a bug/unintended when it was clearly stated that it was working as intended. I mean 'on a successful attack' is clear as day to me. Are people really that upset that we can DPS? What does the parse matter if your guild can't win the zone? That is another thing that has always baffled me. Do some guild use it for DKP (we don't use DKP - so not sure)? [/p][p] OK, maybe you can't DPS like Rangers - but you bring alot more to a group then we do. Keep your pie hole shut you non rangers! Sorry, I'm just sick of the envy.[/p][p] [/p][p]/sigh[/p][p]:([/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Kaleyen Guest

I said it in that thread and I'll repeat it here. With the GU38 changes why would a Ranger spend days/weeks/months doing quests like Claymore and SoD if there's nothing there that we'd really use? I don't understand what the big deal is, mages can obtain proc gear that proc off of hostile spells, melee DPS can obtain proc gear that procs off of a successful melee attack. So what's the big freaking deal if a few weapons proc off ranged attack?
  4. ARCHIVED-CapnJax21 Guest

Kuian@Butcherblock wrote:
    DPS/ePeen envy.
  5. ARCHIVED-Effidian Guest

[p]I wonder if I can petition them to give me back the time it took for me to do claymore (after I was 70 with 100aa so I didn't even get xp from it). And now I guess I can transmute the Wanning Moon Cutter instead of use it when dual wield changes. I wonder if at the same time they can add ranged procs to all those buffs that currently only proc on melee and +ranged to the templar combat buff and +ranged crits to most of the items that currently only have +melee crit and add ranged procs to all the non primary/secondary items that currently only proc on melee. Grrr....[/p][p]Anyway, to the question. Why would you use the buckler of the howler? Shields will still proc? And weapons will proc if they proc on combat arts? If nothing will proc in those 2 slots, then probably the best things will be those items with the most str and int.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Kaleyen Guest

Yeah but SOME class has to be the highest potential DPS class. If Wizards want to have the potential to be the highest parsers then reroll as a Ranger...same is said to the Crusaders who want to raid MT...reroll as a Guardian.
  7. ARCHIVED-CapnJax21 Guest

[p]If they take away the procs, then give us bows. Whats going to be the point when RoK comes out if all the weapons are going to be melee. More weapons that are of no use to us? [/p][p]/sarcasm [/p][p]Cant wait for November![/p][p]/endsarcasm[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-jarlaxle888 Guest

Kuian@Butcherblock wrote:
    [p]Yeah, this is what upsets me the most. Long crappy questlines & camping till your old, but end rewards are only mellee weapons. But at least they had a bit of use to a Ranger. Now it's 'hell, why the trouble'. The only thing now is getting the Raincaller for solo, and hope the RNG drops a bow once and not one of the million greatswords/swords/daggers. Meh. Well, at least I can still use the power regen of the Godking weapon...[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-LevLo Guest

Ok melee weapons proccing of ranged is one thing.. This change however is a mile away and not very clearified.. F. ex currently beneficial spells on melee weapons usually proc on ranged as well.. but there are only 2 dmg procs. The Kilij and the 628. However the Devs have known about the Kilij proccing of ranged for a very long time.. why go down and change it now, especially as it is outdated content (to some degree). Well I can understand it kinda.. cause atm the Kilij is the end all of melee weapons for rangers, the dmg proc is unmatched and seeing as we never do melee auto attack it could very well be unmatched even through the RoK expansion. That is one reason for this change I guess. However this is ok, cause I actually understand it. What I don't understand is how god forsaken much there is out there that procs of melee or gives melee crit on other slots. Take the new raidzone. Ring of Tunarian Might gives a melee double attack proc, however set bonus gives ranged and melee crit. Now ok ranged crit is mildly useful for all classes that can use a ranged weapon of any kind, but honestly it matters extremely little, so the only class that "really" benefits is the ranger. I understand how it can be problematic, cause our class is quite unique when it comes to stat usage etc. f. ex we have more ranged crit than assasins have melee crit, so they are afraid that giving us too much will be overpowering? But the problem ends up with Rangers having extremely little items to choose from to get our desiered bonuses. This has long been the problem with Bows and is one of the reasons we have through KoS been the class most affected by itemization. Not because we really need that much more gear to do our job, but because the lack of ranger aimed gear is huge. Melee is one thing, you slam that on an item and almost everyone can benefit from it. Except mages of course, but they would never want the stats from such an item anyways. Oh yea and except rangers, however by all likelyness they could use the stats on the item. Or take the cloak from the new raid zone, gives 4 melee crit and a power proc. I find it hard to justify working on a stat I don't need at all to get a few measly upgrades. Why not put both melee and ranged crit on it.. maybe make it 100% melee and 50% ranged too balance it out a bit. F. ex 4 melee 2 ranged. This expansion (EoF) is highly bonus centered when it comes to itemization KoS was mostly stats due to the ammount of items giving good bonuses were few and far a part. This time around due to the recurve and the little difference in stats on items bonuses is what really matters. However I feel Rangers are getting shafted in this area. Now don't get me wrong it's not like we are suffering. This time around they did change the ammount of bows and how to get them. Of course currently only the top guilds have a chance to notice it. I am just saying it is kinda boring when there is only a few select items rangers can really benefit from, makes it a tad boring when it comes to gear. Less choice is always a bad thing. Edit: Concerning the Waning Moon Cutter, it's proc description is a bit special as it doesn't just say on a successful attack it says "on ANY successful attack" And I think it is working as intended.
  10. ARCHIVED-TileronEQ2 Guest

[p]This change doesn't really make sense to me. Based on what I've read, it is not a bug fix, making melee weapons only proc off of melee attack. There are melee weapons that proc "On a Successful Hostile Spell", "On a Successful Spell Attack", "When Target Casts a Healing Spell", and "When Target casts a Beneficial Spell". Aeralik did not say anything about changing those. If those were to be changed to proc only off of melee attacks, the mage and healer communities would go crazy.[/p][p]Instead, only melee weapons with a "On a Successful Attack" proc have been changed to not proc off of ranged attacks. Why? Why should a wizard be able to proc their melee weapon by casting a spell, and a ranger not be able to by shooting an arrow?[/p][p]How is this change anything other than something that will almost exclusively nerf ranger dps, without any legitimate balancing or bug-fixing justification?[/p][p]If this does go live, I completely agree with what you all are pointing out about prismatic weapons in general. They will be useless to us. The biggest, most significant questlines of the game will not offer a single reward we may use, and therefore will be irrelevant. This change doesn't make sense.[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Silverpaws Guest

Or add a Bow choice to those quests instead? Not sure what to do about those that have finished the quest tho.
  12. ARCHIVED-AmericanPsycho Guest

The change is definitely not a good one. I just got done with this myself, havent done the last step yet but, guess I'm not taking the kilij now. Really makes it feel like a monumental waste of time after workin so hard on it, melee weapons..bleh. But what Effidian said really hits the nail on the head here. Yeah the change to the weapons just plain sucks in general but, they really do need to take a good look at all these items/buffs/abilities an whatever, that have no benefit to a ranged attack at all. Toss in the +ranged bonuses, add ranged crits. Melee crit and +slash or whatever only is just ridiculous anymore. There needs to be more thats beneficial to ranged and not just melee on alot of this stuff. Taking stuff away saying its not working as it was intended to while leaving us with no othe real alternative to turn to doesn't work. Ranged combat, while yeah its great, feels like it just gets forgotten about when you look at how alot of proc based buffs work, the added stats/bonus on gear with + to alot of things other than ranged.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kaleyen Guest

Exactly, I quoted you on EQ2flame forums BTW because that is exactly the thing.
  14. ARCHIVED-joshshift Guest

whew, im glad i only recently started the claymore quest and am only on step 6. now i will stop working on it completely since i have no reason to finish it anymore. throw us a freakin bone soe.
  15. ARCHIVED-Effidian Guest

[p] So the Waning Moon Cutter will continue to proc on ranged?[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Boramyr Guest

[p]Well Maestro's flame is a CA proc so it would work.[/p][p]Soulfire Sabre while the proc wouldn't work a straight plus to dps would work. [/p][p] Maybe Buckler of the Howler and Waning Moon cutter and if they do then they would be better than the Sabre. [/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-pseudocide Guest

[p]completely ******* ********[/p][p]bad enough that 95% of all procs are mislabeled, now they pull this crap.[/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Shaulin Dolamite Guest

[p]This is true crap, whats with devs not really knowing what to do with rangers. Yes we do melee damage but from ranged, melee procs do us almost ZERO good, the devs made 90% of our attacks ranged so for that we get the shaft with nothing that procs off ranged. Yet melee have weapons, earrings,rings,head,shoulders,chest,legs,bracers,wrists etc, casters are in the same boat but rangers get screwed. Both melee and casters have a huge varity of items that proc off there main form of damage dealing.What do rangers have, a handful maybe items that proc off our main form of damage dealing our bow![/p][p]Very quickly getting tired of the class I love suffering huge changes to the point of having to relearn the class, i hear again and again we will adapt, but im friggen tired of adapting (learning to play my class yet again).[/p][p]Very discouraging adding yet another huge quest line that will be truely useless to a ranger. The claymore was my one thing I could always fall back on. Finished the SOD quest where the sword went straight into my bags, now the claymore will be right next to it. Truely whats even the point to doing these huge quest lines. Scares me about the new epics comming with kunark. SOE has only set a rep to me that our epic will be yet another sword that only will proc on melee and will be a side of the gaming I have dreaming about totally destroyed cause it will have zero use to me![/p][p]SOE feels its not logical in a fantacy game for a melee weapon to proc off a successful attack (being a bow shot) but its completely logical that a hat can proc off melee or a weapon can proc off a spell. How does this make sence to anyone. Thank you SOE for yet another job well done :p...[/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

[p]I imagine the devs are just pissed that everytime they nerf us, we figure out a way to get back in the game. I understand that if GU38 doesn't nerf Rangers permantly, GU39 will include a bot that makes a list of all the people who play Rangers and goes to their home to kill them while they sleep.:mrgreen:[/p][p]I don't have a dog in this fight other than the fact that I'm a Ranger. I don't own any weapons that proc off ranged (too casual a player). But didn't we just take a 5-6% hit in DPS with the arrow nerf? Another 4-5% doesn't look bad either, but then when we add up all the 5% hits, it starts to become significant. This is why we can't keep up with the Necros, Assassins, and Swashies. All these nerfs seem to affect only Rangers. The last time a bone was thrown our way was the result of a mass exodus. It's a shame this is the only thing that gets their attention.[/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-Shaulin Dolamite Guest

[p]message left blank[/p]