Enchanter Achievements -- LIVE (2/21)

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-Fizwick, Feb 8, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Fizwick Guest

Right. As it stands, now, you have to target a group member. And then tap their mana. VERY useful.
  2. ARCHIVED-ScamprinSlippy Guest

the mana flow on live is garbage, i loved the one we had on beta up to the end, for helping out a buddy who was low on power. it wasn't too powerful... and this new one is so lame i will probably forget I even have it.
    there isn't a single sane chanter who wasnt pleased with the idea of the old mana flow, why completely ditch it?
  3. ARCHIVED-Azamien-Dermorate Guest

I liked the idea of the last mana flow ... this new one sucks ... hell I couldnt get it to work till I read the description again and realized it had chanced since the last beta post ... very lame now
  4. ARCHIVED-Xalibur Guest

as the game is not designed for enchanters, there will be no usefull ability as they most likley want to remove or at least be able to ignore the class. Not that they arent doing it since eq2 beta..
  5. ARCHIVED-Sonorod Guest

I don't get it. Until this lame release, I've been an advocate of SOE knows what they're doing with enchanters...but then I see Mana Flow on live! All day I've waited to get in and start using these new abilities. I am so upset and frustrated. This ability is absolutely worthless! Do they even compare the starting ability for other classes? Sorcerers for example get to summon a familiar that is always up (unless killed) and always provides bonuses. On top of that, they can summon a specific one if they are using a different type of weapon! What do we get? Something that can only be used when at 10% power. How often will that happen for a class that has more ways of restoring power than a book does pages? I mean seriously. And the power it provides? We apparently siphon it from the enemy, but we have to use our own health? If I want to siphon power, I have spells that do double the amount manaflow does EVERY 2 SECONDS!! And for regen? Transfer Essence, Adept III may cost more health over time, but it does only 3 less power in about the same amount of time.

Absolutley worthless.

I waited how long to get crap like this?

So sad. I think I'm starting to see why so many enchanters post about canceling their accounts. I'm starting to see how we are getting negelcted. As far as the other lines go, I may only pick AGI and WIS. We can only max out 2 lines as it is (50 point cap) But I'm not even sure I want to max out any. Are we the last thought before release? Are they so afraid of unbalance that they have to give us absolute crap for these new abilities?

Arg, gotta stop. I turning into a flamer.
  6. ARCHIVED-Belizarius Guest

Thinking Agi and Wis myself.
    Much as it hurts to give up an offhand item, the overall casting haste should be quite impressive. Pulling aggro, and RSI, might be the problems :smileysurprised:
    And Wis, mainly for the resist buffs.
  7. ARCHIVED-Junina Guest

can only call those AA laughable dont even want to get angry as iam allready fealing stupid enough with playing this class
  8. ARCHIVED-MyChatBot Guest

Beginning to get tired of this myself. I was originally a great defender of the class, but I see us just steadily getting whittled away. I can't help but think that they are terrified of a hardcore control class after EQ1 chanters, so they overreact every time they see a chanter solo a heroic mob.

I didn't get all excited about KoS because I wanted to see how illusionists would fare. I see that we had a core spell altered, had a very promising AA ability nerfed to pretty much uselessness, and a few other abilities of minor interest, nothing at all that made me sit up and say HOORAY I picked illusionist and it was worth sticking it out!

Sorry guys, I'm not seeing a homerun here for our class. The designers are evidently confused about what to do with illusionists, so they chip away without explanation or notice frequently and leave us to suck it up once again. Never have I seen one class so universally acknowledged as being the most hurting one in the game, and it's beginning to get trying.

I also don't have the patience to roll another character. I can't go from min to max on another character again. If the illus class doesn't show some improvement, sooner or later I'll just send him to the long server sleep.
    Message Edited by MyChatBot on 02-21-200608:31 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Manyak Guest

confused? no they know exactly what they r doing. or at least they think they do, imo.
  10. ARCHIVED-WAPCE Guest

I was poking around on my Provisioner Warlock, after giving up on making any serious progress after the 3rd server crash, and I almost fell out of my chair. Sorcerer achievements are ALL worthwhile! Sure, they have one or two that have lame weapon requirements and one that's a melee attack, but the vast majority are all excellent and useful. Who on earth chose these Enchanter AA's?
  11. ARCHIVED-Sonorod Guest

It would be nice if we could have some sort of round-table discussion with the developer(s) in charge of Enchanters.

I realized after my above post that Mana Flow doesn't drain a mob, it drains a group members...why oh why would we want to do that? I mean, what's the new joke going to be? Don't invite the chanter, he'll suck your power if he's desperate enough for it...
  12. ARCHIVED-Lolthinae Guest

I logged on this morning, up early to get a look around before heading off to work, got my first AA and happily opened the AA window. ACK!!!!!!!! I can now drain power from my group friends....... Why on earth would I want to do that? What use could that possibly be?

I didn't even select it (well aware that eventually I'll have to, but.....), just logged off again and went to work early.

How is that for exitement from the first encounter with the new expansion? /sigh
  13. ARCHIVED-Manyak Guest

i was looking over sorc AAs also, and i CANT BELIEVE what they got. id trade our spell tree for that in a heartbeat.
  14. ARCHIVED-Signal9 Guest

Perhaps now us old-timers aren't just whining because we're not uber?

I am absolutely disgusted with the change to manna flow. And to change it so drastically, and not even update the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] text of the ability is just plain insulting.

Well tested, Sony. Well tested.
    Message Edited by Signal9 on 02-22-200607:54 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-Signal9 Guest

Now THAT is someone that is still passionate about this game, and this class.

Unfortunately, the passion is gone for me. This should be worrisome.
  16. ARCHIVED-dpizzle420 Guest

I have been playing since November 24th and i feel exactly the same! I dont understand what they possible expect us to do with these abilities? become a meleeing cloth class? draining mana from our team members? sounds detrimental to the team to me!

Dankronic named nerfed to Darkillusion
    60 Illusionist Kithicor
    The Illuminati
  17. ARCHIVED-Azamien-Dermorate Guest

Well its live now and we are complaining!
  18. ARCHIVED-Mobindi Guest

Too right we are! I'm still mildly amused at the choices we got, ie. no choice really.
  19. ARCHIVED-Pogball Guest

If SoE were a pet owner the RSPCA would have taken illusionists away from them for cruelty.

I am away over the KoS launch and feel glad of it. When i get back to playing i'll be playing my bard more - i'd like to lvl to 70 but cba. Its not worth the effort with all the crap we get.
    Message Edited by Pogball on 02-23-200605:24 AM
  20. ARCHIVED-Manyak Guest

today i managed to get chronosiphoning, [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing uber!

then after a while i noticed something. i was spending more mana to kill the same mobs. somehow that shouldnt be right. anyway i started trying out killing mobs with and without using it, and i noticed something [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]......when i used it, i would get maybe 1 or 2 procs off of my godking staff the whole fight. and if i didnt use it, i would get like 6 or 7.

seems like the chance for a spell to proc is determined the same way melee procs are too, off the casting time of the spell. and with most of our DPS based on procs from dynamism, the godking staff, and troubadors aria, looks like getting any of the spell hasting skills might actually hurt our dps.....making us even more useless for raids (the ones we get only affect casting timers, not recast timers)

soon im gonna do some proper testing on it just to be sure.