Enchanter Achievements -- LIVE (2/21)

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-Fizwick, Feb 8, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Mobindi Guest

I haven't seen many illusionists complaining yet... just mild amusement at the so called "usefulness" of our AAs.
    Guess we will have to wait till the release, and let the majority test them out, might be then when we'll hear an outcry.
  2. ARCHIVED-SunTsu Guest

I noticed alot of changes on other class boards, are there updates here?
  3. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Update, is Touch of Empathy no longer requires a 2h, requires a 1h or DW in main-hand slot.

Empathic Soohting[sic], reduces the hate gain of fighters in your group.

Counterspell is now exactly like spellshield, except no reflection, 100% chance, and only usable on yourself. 1s cast, 60s recast, with 30s duration.

Perputality is working now.

Oh, and that's it :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Manyak Guest

i was just thinking....if spellshield still reflected AoEs....combined with counterspell to use during that 1 min timer recast timer spelshield has....we coulda been completely immune to aoes :/
  5. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Wait for it, wait for it. Oh, Empathic Soothing now increases fighter hate-gain, *barf*. And heal-crit % off empathic aura is up, a lot. at rank 5 it's now 8.7%.
  6. ARCHIVED-ScamprinSlippy Guest

mana flow is now independant from your other power spells, in other words, its working until its cancellled, its not a temporary little thing that reacts to devitalizing stare... or whatever it was doing.
    so thats 4 power a second regen for anyone in a group or raid, but keep in mind you lose 4 power per second.

personally I'm thinking im going with the STA line as my main line, for all the raid useful buffs, and AGI or WIS both are interesting . The AGI for the cast time stuff, and the WIS line for the tons of resistances.
  7. ARCHIVED-Manyak Guest

ok i think ive figured them all out.....

STR Line

1. Spellblade's Strength -- increases STR by 8 per rank -- So we can carry our own gear while were naked2. Spellblade's Counter -- a quick dagger attack that interrupts the target -- 95-159 at app4, 15 sec recast -- because we cant use our 0.5 sec mezz on epics, this replaces it3. Spellblade's Retort -- 1% chance per level to riposte frontal attacks, parry from all other quadrants -- because we dont have enough CC to keep ourselves alive4. Quickening -- gives the chanter a chance to double attack, and raises melee crit chance -- 3% per rank -- because we are left meleeing at raids when theres no1 in group to cast havoc on5. Counterspell -- spellshield without the reflect -- because they are probably going to nerf spellshield even more

AGI Line -- Abilities 2-5 now all require an empty offhand -- because we dont need the +subjugation from the 2h godking weap
    1. Chronomancer's Agility -- increases AGI by 6 per rank -- to go along with Spellblade's Retort2. Chronosiphoning -- casting-time drain, effectively. At app4, raises target's casting times by 21%, while lowering yours by the same amount. 30 sec duration, 30 sec recast, .5 sec cast. -- so that we can buy ourselves time to interrupt them with our melee3. Chronomotion -- lowers global cooldown by .025 sec per rank (weaksauce!) -- so we can recast our mezz faster after being resisted, taking aggro, and dying4. Chronology -- .85% spell haste per rank -- so we can mezz trash faster than ever
    5. Perpetuality -- Each spell you cast speeds your next few casts by 12%. Stacks up to 5 times. Currently bugged (fun with recursion!)...also, spell haste caps at 50%, so after 3 procs this wouldn't add anything (2 if chronosiphoning is up) -- so that dev stare can have a faster casting timer

STA LIne
    1. Empathic's Stamina -- increases STA by 5 per rank -- so were even closer to be being able to take a hit from aoe2. Touch of Empathy -- reduces threat of target ally towards their target by 776 at app4. 30 sec recast. Requires a 2hb equipped. -- so we can make it look like were doing enough DPS to steal aggro3. Empathic Aura -- passive group buff -- increases group's crit heal chance by .725% per rank -- so after we pretended to steal aggro, the healers can keep us alive. after all, we do get uber STA AGI and parry!4. Empathic Soothing -- Increases hate-gain of fighters in the group by .8% per rank -- so the tank can get aggro back after we 'stole' it5. Sever Empathy -- target encounter can't "call for help"...i.e. will become non-social. Does not effect epics. -- so that we dont get an add while 14 are already mezzed

WIS Line
    1. Dreamweaver's Wisdom -- increases WIS by 7 per rank -- because our buff just doesnt give enough2. Daydream -- Soothes target, 10 sec duration, 1 min recast, boo...requires a symbol in secondary -- because templars are too busy healing to cast theirs3. Dreamweaver's Armor -- +100ish to all spell resists per rank (+200 for mental) -- so that we can take the hits off of AOE while using our quick casting dagger interrupt we got with the STR line4. Dreamweaver's Trance -- +2.9 subjugation and focus skill per rank -- because our construct gets resisted too much5. Hypnosis -- Charm, heavily nerfed -- now 2 sec cast, 12 sec duration, 1 min recast -- so that we can still have a pet while casting our personnae

INT Line
    1. Savant's Intelligence -- increases INT by 4 per rank -- so that we dont have to get INT gear to cap it
    2. Nullifying Staff
    -- combat art -- inflicts 150-278 damage and decreases mental and magic mitigation by 528 for 36 seconds, 45 sec recast -- additional ranks improve damage and debuff -- 2h staff only -- because we have so much free time from the AGI line, we can switch between our godking ataff and our dagger so we can interrupt AND debuff a mob while we melee
    3. Savant's insight
    -- 1% chance (per rank) every time you're damaged to become immune to interruption for 2.5 sec -- so we can cast after weve been killed. oh wait i forgot, we have STA, AGI, parry, and an uber healer buff so we wont die!
    4. Savant's Channeling
    -- +2.9 disruption and +.4% chance to crit per rank -- so we can all have a better HH than 2k5. Volitile Magic -- when under 25% power, your damage spells are 25% more damaging -- so we actually have a reason to keep spellshield up

and pls dont take these seriously :p
  8. ARCHIVED-Fizwick Guest

One last update...

At this point, the crit heal aura rules the school. At rank 8 it'll be +13.6% chance to crit heal, which is pretty darn huge. In the same line you can snag a hate reducer for non-tanks, and some extra STA. All of this without those annoying weapon restrictions.

Beyond that, *shrug*. It would be nice if Counterspell actually prevents AEs -- but I don't think that's the case, as they'd have to target you directly. WIS has some application for resists, but not a lot, and Hypnosis is now officially useless. AGI seems cool, but giving up a slot's worth of stats makes me a little nervous (for the record, I would have done it in a heartbeat for the recast timer reduction that they took out). INT now has a respectable crit chance, but it'd take some work to make the end AA useful. How much would you have to moderate yourself to stay under 25%? Would the +25% damage make up for it? (Probably...still dunno if that's my cup of tea).

PS- No idea if our 65 spell is fixed or not.
  9. ARCHIVED-Mobindi Guest

I'd say STA and INT are the lines I would personally go for, if not max out the STA line and leftovers into INT. But as I said before, we'll see when it comes, ie in 2 days (yay!).
  10. ARCHIVED-Parsleybill Guest

Thanks once again for you updates Fiz. I guess there are some interesting choices to be made here. Interestingly, I feel some of the best abilities are actually lower down the tiers since they have nerfed 'Hypnosis' and 'Counterspell' and I wonder if 'Perpuality' is overkill and that you can reach the spell haste cap with a decent investment in 'Chronosiphoning'.

Bearing the new information in mind, I would be tempted to take:

Mana flow: [1 point]

AGILITY: 4+8 to max out 'Chronosiphoning' -hoping for both a nice spell haste and debuff here (fingers crossed it works on epics) [12points]

STAMINA: 4+4+8 to max out 'Empathic Aura'-Gives 13.6% chance of crit heals (might not be so good if this excludes regens and reactives etc) [16points]

INTELLIGENCE: 4+4+4+8 to max out 'Savant's Channelling' and gain 16int and give 12% chance to crit damage spells [20points]

Total: 49 points

Aora, 60 Illusionist on Runnyeye
    Ascended Heroes
  11. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Chronosiphoning by itself does not max out spell haste. You need to get 100% spell haste to be at the cap, which cuts your spell timers in half.
  12. ARCHIVED-norberg02 Guest

Hi, I do have some questions:

1) touch of empathy, I assume that the traget can be implied ? i.e. I would most probably cast this on a healer or a dps that assists so the "main" target is a player and not a mob.

2) agility and sta line seems very good, BUT we cant use 2h staff, meaning, whats the point in doing the peacock quest to the end now (I know there's good loot on the way and its fun to quest, but the staff of second life will be a trophy on the wall in your inn?)?

Ah well, I think its pretty good overall, bear in mind the AA's should cater to soloers, groupers and raiders and I think there's a little bit for all.

Raukhur 59 coercer
    Splitpaw
    The dark Vengeance
  13. ARCHIVED-Manyak Guest

the staff of second life can be changed to a 1h version by examining it while it is still at 100% durability (not damaged). the only drawback for us is that the 2h gives +5 subjugation while the 1h gives +5 disruption. so we can no longer keep the subjugation bonus if we want to have an empty offhand.
  14. ARCHIVED-SunTsu Guest

Workable. I would rather see things like enahnced regen, power giving nukes, stifles or stuns for epics etc. Basically more class flavor. But I can find a use for some of this.
    EQ1 AA were awesome in comparison, but this is the first release of AA and not an end all. I imagine there will be moe AA with each adventure pack and expansion from here on out.
    Based on what I see i would go for...
    1 Mana Flow
    4 AGI
    8 AGI Chronosiphoning (provided it works on epics and scales well)
    4 WIS
    8 STA Daydream (provided it works on Epics and scales well)
    4 STA
    4 STA Touch of Empathy
    8 STA Emphatic Aura
    8 STA Emphatic Soothing
    Not sure for last one.
  15. ARCHIVED-Mihos Guest

I thought you could only choose one line?

Mihos
  16. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

You can take as many as you want, as long as you have the AA points to spend(max of 50 points to spend).
  17. ARCHIVED-Fizwick Guest

Launch brought a new round of changes. I'm really pissed about mana flow. There were a number of improvements however.
  18. ARCHIVED-WAPCE Guest

My god, it never ends... :(
  19. ARCHIVED-Mobindi Guest

I tried going to 10% power to actually see how the first AA works during the 30 mins Splitpaw was up.... didnt work:smileyindifferent:
    Server dead now, so going bed. Have fun everyone.
  20. ARCHIVED-Belizarius Guest

What they did to mana flow STINKS. What a joke. Why bother looking at test at all.
    If it's useless they won't fix, and if we like something, they nerf it before it even gets to live.
    Have your say.