Enchanter Achievements -- LIVE (2/21)

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-Fizwick, Feb 8, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Fizwick Guest

The achievement system works like this: you get AAXP (I'm calling it AA because they're similar to AAs in EQ1 and I'm lazy) for levelling, exploring, certain quests, item discoveries, certain boss kills, and for any xp gained when your level is capped. You must choose the "entry" AA, after that there are 5 trees (one fofr each stat), each with 5 tiers. Each requires 4 points in the previous tier to advance, and has 8 points total (except for tier 5, which is a one-time 8 point cost).
    EDIT: [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]. They changed things again. I AM NOT AMUSED BY THE CHANGE TO MANA FLOW SOE.
    Here's how our AA screen looks:

[IMG]

(Don't ask how I got that many points. I still don't know.)

Without further ado, the enchanter AA list.

Entry AA:

STR Line -- focuses on melee/debuffing

AGI Line
    -- focuses on quick casting -- abilities 2-5 all require an empty offhand

STA Line
    -- focuses on aggro management

WIS Line
    -- focuses on crowd control

INT Line -- focuses on damage
    Message Edited by Fizwick on 02-21-200602:40 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Impetus Guest

Interesting, thanks to you and Pinski for posting the beta info.

I like that our starter line is nice and useful.

I'd have to say the AGI line looks the best from the four that you've posted so far.

The charm from the WIS line would be pretty cool to have, also.

The STA one requires melee attacks from 2 out of the 5. Doubt I'd choose that line in its current form. And even having the aggro increaser at 8% wouldn't seem to make it strong enough that I would choose it, considering the other classes that can do it better. (Also, I don't normally have problems pulling aggro away from tanks. So that would factor into my choice.)

The STR one, the debuff at the end just doesn't seem all that great, unless there is a lot more self-buffing by mobs in the expansion.

Interested to see what the INT one will be... :)
    Message Edited by Impetus on 02-08-200605:34 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Zebsen Guest

Very interesting. Thanks again Fizwick for the great info.

It's a lot of information to absorb, but at first glance the agility branch looks like the most appealing. The wisdom one with the charm comboed personae holds very little interest to me.

Maybe it's here, and I'm not seeing it: the abilities like spell haste - is that self only or a group effect?

Thanks again,
    Zebsen

Edited for spelling and corrections
    Message Edited by ZebsenChanter on 02-08-200605:56 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Fizwick Guest

The only group-wide effect is Empathic Aura. Hallucination can be cast on another player.

As for Soul Empathy -- you don't need to be #1 on the hatelist for it to work! :) So you can use it and drop from 3 to 4, or 20 to 21, or whatever...(still not that useful, I know).
    Message Edited by Fizwick on 02-08-200602:57 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

Can somebody please explain to those of us with coercers out there how giving Illusionists Charm is in the least fair?

Thank you.
  6. ARCHIVED-Baradin Guest

Unless I miss my guess, these AA's are for both Chanter classes.
  7. ARCHIVED-Belizarius Guest

Perhaps it's not. Although, at 1 minute duration and 1.5 minutes recast, it's hardly a rival for Coercer's charm is it? I wouldn't get too excited about it.
    Both sub-classes have plenty that needs fixing without trying to nerf each other even more.
  8. ARCHIVED-Fizwick Guest

Coercers can use Hypnosis too...they'd in effect be able to charm 2 things at once.

I look at it as another CC option -- not like a pet really.
  9. ARCHIVED-Impetus Guest

If we cast this on a berserker and they do some sort of rampage, does it mezz a whole crowd? ;)
  10. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Probably, but would be instantly broken by the next swing of the berserker.
    Message Edited by Pinski on 02-08-200608:20 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-SunTsu Guest

First Fiz, thanks for the write up. Very much appreciated.

I am reading this in awe. Am I crazy or are half of those abilities ones that require me to mele. Maybe I am confused but haste? is that for me? Procs? Are they for me?
    I am a caster....I stand way back...what am I gonna do with those?
  12. ARCHIVED-Fizwick Guest

Yeah, you're not crazy. Of the 26 AAs, 7 by my count involve us meleeing. Some of them are more useful than others -- Soul Empathy, for example, and to some extent the stifles.

Lest you think otherwise -- ALL casters have AAs like that. Of course that doesn't change the fact that it's a dumb idea, but still.

All of the lines have at least some utility for raiding. Obviously I think most raiders will go AGI/INT, but there might be encounters where STA's aggro control abilities shine, or where Strip Enhancements is vital. I like that you can reach the end skills in 2 lines, so no one has to feel too pigeonholed.
  13. ARCHIVED-SunTsu Guest

Sorry to be so negative but I am really disappointed in what I am reading. If i am reading what I think i am then the dev do not understand us, or more likely I dont understand the calss I play.
    I am not a mele. I am not a dps. I screw with minds that is my job.
  14. ARCHIVED-Hirebrand Guest

I have some questions Fizwick. I would appreciate if you could answer any possible, thanks in advance!

Entry AA:
    Mana Flow -- 10% spell haste --A nice, solid starter. Works with every spell (and even Call of Qeynos!).

How much does this cost? 1 point?

2. Stifling Spellblade -- Combat Art, inflicts 124-186 damage and stifle target for 10 seconds (if not epic, dagger only). Each rank improves damage by +10-+15.

What is the reuse timer?

2. Touch of Empathy -- combat art -- 33-45 damage, -651 threat -- additional ranks decrease threat more and add damage -- requires a one-handed blunt weapon in primary

What is the reuse timer?

3. Empathic Aura -- passive group buff -- increases hate gain of group members by 1% per rank -- note: this is possibly bugged, as Touch of Empathy has a "if fighter" restriction on it that I think might apply to this AA instead

Does this cost concentraton?

5. Soul Empathy -- selfbuff -- on a successful melee attack, you drop one position on the hatelist with the target -- costs about 300 power every time it procs -- 15 min duration, 5 min recast from the time the buff expires/is toggled off

Is this a automatic proc on sucessful melee attack?

2. Hallucination -- single buff -- the next attack by the buffed PC will mez the target for 40 seconds, 1 charge, 4 min recast -- additional ranks have no effect -- completely worthless in its current form

Does the mez at least land after the melee hit? Can you buff yourself?

4. Subjugation -- +2.9 subjugation skill per rank

Do you know what spells subjugation affects?

5. Hypnosis -- Charm, 1 minute duration, 1.5 minute recast -- can be used when you already have a personae out! Both pets respond to the commands issued.

Does this cost concentration? What is the cast time?

3. Spell Warding -- +147 mitigation vs. all spell effect per rank

I don't understand what you mean by spell effect. Like "Poison" or "Subjugation"?

4. Disruption -- +2.9 disruption per rank

What type of spells does disruption affect? Does this improve damage, resist chance, or both?

5. Volitile Magic -- +10% spell crit chance

Do spell criticals affect mez duration, or just damage?
  15. ARCHIVED-Fizwick Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Aedosen Guest

Thanks a lot Fizwick for posting these :)

That said im pretty disappointed with these AA´s. Probably same guy who was adding haste procs to tier5 mage wands made these.

Would be pretty easy to improve these a lot too. Remove all weapon restrictions, change hastes to spellhaste and melee procs to spell procs.
  17. ARCHIVED-Lolthinae Guest

4. Counterspell -- bugged? -- debuff, has a 16% chance to counter a damage spell cast by the target. +10% chance per rank. 1 charge, 1 min duration, 5 min recast.
    How does this work? Is is cast on the mob with a chance of interrupting any damage spells cast by that mob? Or is it cast on a player, with a chance of intercepting damage spells cast on that player (much like spell shield)? If the latter, is it group friend, raid friend, or self only?
  18. ARCHIVED-Fizwick Guest

The description seems to indicate that it's cast on you, and intercepts on damage spell targeting you. Currently however, it's cast on a mob (to no apparent effect). Hence my "bugged?".
  19. ARCHIVED-Lolthinae Guest

Hhmm.... might be an interesting one if it's actually cast on the mob and gives a chance to counter its damage spells in general. The description does say debuff, in which case it would have to be cast on the mob I think. At the full 8 points it would be 86% chance - but I guess that sounds too good to be true. However, if it only counters damage spells directly targeted at the chanter, it wont have much value.

Wait and see, I guess.....
  20. ARCHIVED-Sugo1 Guest

Question about Soul Empathy....

Theoretically, if you get hit by a swarm of mobs you could find yourself drained of power pretty fast even if they dont hit hard. Has this happened or have you tested it?