DPS this.. DPS that

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Zodian, Apr 5, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Faelen Guest

We've only been into the Lab once, and Scale once, I dont remember my DPS from those. I can honestly say I've never seen dps numbers as high as what you posted anywhere. Are you in a hardcore raiding guild or would you consider it a casual raiding guild?

My DPS tops out around 1k on long raid fights. What server are you on? If its Crushbone, invite me to one of your raids. :)

Ok, I found your guild. You have 30 members and they are all level 70. It seems you're part of a hardcore raiding guild, not a casual guild. So all of your people are probably outfitted very good, have lots of AA's, and probably all very good players.

If your numbers are correct, then apparently at that level Rangers fall in the dps a little bit. Perhaps its an indicator of better gear for other classes at that level. (When I say level, I mean level of play, not adventure level) We are a casual guild and mostly raid T6 now, just getting into T7. At this level of play, I'm happy with where Rangers fall compared to other classes dps-wise.

Message Edited by Faelen on 04-14-2006 05:28 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Beldin_ Guest

Yeah .. since i really seldom Raid and never parsed any i never saw anny numbers only closed to what here always is posted.
    I was really happy today to see that my Ranger with 65 now was doing 464 DPS while soloing Basilisks in Bonemire .. my Conjurer with 70 does around 350 DPS there .. however the Conji has no big downtime due to seeking a good posting and avoid adds .. so in the end there will be no big difference i think .. however the Conji still has big advantages against adds or Mobs with Upgrades.
    Best DPS i ever saw was in a Guild Group in Silent City pre LU#20 where i did normally 600-900 .. and 1100-1300 in some short Fights with Storm of Arrows ... now in Groups the last time i did around 600 .. Level 60-65 Conjis and Necros in Groups normally did 400-500 .. and my Level 70 Conji does 500-600 with Scout Pet normally.
    So at the end .. what maybe still is broken are procs / buffs from other chars now that make some character in Raids do such über damge .. so lets wait for the next proc-nerf .. lol.
  3. ARCHIVED-TazPup Guest

Hi all... it's me again, the lvl 70 ranger from Oasis. After coming back to this forum after a week or so, I think a lot has been lost in terms of the original idea of the first few posters, including mine. Just as Steve, wishes to retract the devs' statement about the different tiers of dps, I wish to retract anything I've mentioned about rangers and tier 1 dps. This is because I feel that many have forgotten the original cry of rangers needing more or less a sense of purpose this world created by SOE. To put succinctly: what do we offer in a group; what do we offer in a raid; what do we offer to our guild; to a certain extent, what and how are we supposed to solo.
    Before the game was released, each class was given a very broad sense of description / purpose and was allowed much freedom for the player to perform the respective description / purpose. But as the game progresses and all the players learn about the set of skills given to us at each level, the purpose / description seem to have been lost and the freedom diminishing. So far, all I've said is applicable to other classes and not just rangers.
    But focusing on the ranger now, let me reiterate that the bottomline of looking at all our CAs & AAs, it seems that SOE's making us to be a dps actor for the most part. This is not a cry for more utility nor is it a cry for more dps (the inverse). For me, it doesn't matter either way, but importantly for SOE to make up its mind. Along that line, I have a three part question: Do groups / raids / guilds want me (as a ranger) for my high dps ... OR ... do groups / raids / guilds want me for some of my combat arts that are beneficial which are not available by most other classes ... OR ... do groups / raids / guilds want me for just the extra dps just like all other non-tanking fighters ? Now this last part is a bit tricky. I have to first say that yes having 3 pallies as extra dps is a lot different than having 3 rangers (before anyone bite my head off). But having 3 assassins is also different from having 3 rangers. Now I know that this is very simplistic of me to say and I apologize to all the assassins first for using you guys as an example ( In no way I'm trying to point fingers at my assassin brethrens/sisters), but my main point is that we rangers are so far just "nice" to have on.
    I hope it is visible to SOE that by being level 70 ranger which started on day one, I have been willing to ride out the growing pains and adapt to the type of useful class that SOE is envisioning for us. But if Steve's comments are true, and I agree that it basically is the nail in the coffin, I'm afraid rangers have once again become "not fun" in the world of SOE (or at least for me). This is important for me because EQ2 is a game for me. It was, it is, and it always will be. I'm sure if SOE loses me as a paying customer it's no big deal. But I'm sure there are more "committed" rangers that are still playing that have been willing to ride out the troubled times. I hope that those people will not be disillusioned and jaded to the same point as me. (Or maybe it's too late =p)
  4. ARCHIVED-Dirtgirl Guest

5. ARCHIVED-BigPig The Destroyer Guest