DoV Itemization. So bland.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Loladen, Jun 12, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Disgustipate Guest

Darkonx wrote:
    They aren't balanced, either. The matching of item quality vs. progression has been more screwed up this expansion than it pretty much ever has, despite the changes that would theoretically make it hard to screw up.
  2. ARCHIVED-Teris Guest

Bump because this should never leave the first page. When threads pop up about "this is the identical item except it's missing flurry, please add the flurry", you know the itemization of the game is stupidly bad. Ever since this expansion, we've been playing Copy-paste Quest. :/ If the crap itemization isn't fixed, I'm not renewing my subscription.
  3. ARCHIVED-Trensharo Guest

Still need to do something to allow us to trade in class-specific gear for the sister class so people who want to betray can betray.
    If I'm forced to regear my toon to betray, I think I will choose to quit instead.
  4. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

Trensharo@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    One option could be CS.
    I've tried it once and it worked.
    Basically I had a necro who looted the robe from spires. Then I betrayed to conj, contacted CS and ask if I could get the robe changed to its conj version. A few hours later they did it.
  5. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

I don't see why ALL The robes are not "ALL Mage".
    They have the exact same stats....
  6. ARCHIVED-Trensharo Guest

Talathion@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I'm not talking about generic Heroic gear. I'm taklign about Tier Gear and Raid Drops.
    It's even worse given the drop rate discrepency some archetypes (*cought* fighters/bruisers) recieve in this expansion.
    Took over 30 runs to see a Spire Robe, and I'm about to do run 44 through ToRZ still only having seen 1 mage robe. You seriously think I want to start over again?
  7. ARCHIVED-Vasch233 Guest

The all fighters/priests/mages/scouts tags are indeed very silly. If I want to equip fighter plate on my cleric, let me! Why can't my monk wear robes anymore? It was good enough for the game at launch! I'd say restrict effects... But the only effects are only on adorns really(except for the random chest procs).
  8. ARCHIVED-Disgustipate Guest

So at Fan Faire, it was announced a new feature would be "Reforging items" and it would allow you to change stats and add particle effects.
    I really hope this is not their complete answer to itemization. Adding some items you can do this on, yes, especially if you're going to go back to multi-archtype items, but this is not the fix for bad itemization. If your pool of customizable points still follows your awful minimal-upgrade tiering system, it really doesn't matter at all.
  9. ARCHIVED-kcooler Guest

There's a lot of big, dedicated player names in this thread.. i'm surprised it is still being looked over.. Yes there patch is doing reitemazation, but still doesn't fix the DoV stuff......... BRING THE OMG FACTOR BACK TO GEAR.. You have one of the best Mmorpg's out there, and you go and ruin it with ugly stats, and apparenced loot.

Any Red names read this thread?
  10. ARCHIVED-Mono Guest

Demonater@Crushbone wrote:
    They'll read it but whether they respond or actually do something is another topic altogether.

Since 2006 the player base has been talking/ moaning/ suggesting but it always feels like its going up against a brick wall.

EQ2's strength has been that it is a good or was a good mmo, this generic itemization isn't helping the game at all, but because the dev team never say anything i don't know what they think about it so i'm lost to form an opinion of whether the games worth playing anymore because i can only assume this lazy generic itemization is the future and what's to come in eq2.
    24 unique classes all running the same gear per class and all running the same aa lines (almost) per class. OH and all have the same boring ice looking armour. /yawn.