DoV Itemization. So bland.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Loladen, Jun 12, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Vellandra Guest

I just hope that one day, the itemisation dev will realise that 'battle clerics' exist in the form of mystics, inquisitors and wardens, and give us some itemisation to match our role. Gear with Wisdom and Multiattack on would be a really good start.
  2. ARCHIVED-diabloii Guest

Banditman wrote:
    +1000
    I don't even know what gear is called - because there is absolutely nothing unique about it. It's simply a small percentage boost to stats.
    And the only thing I really would blow my DKP wad on would be the mounts - everything else I don't care about - many HM pieces I let pass by until the dropped in price b/c it honestly wasn't a huge upgrade and certainly wouldn't make a noticeable difference in my parse or survivability.
  3. ARCHIVED-dajokster Guest

Some encounters are fun, some are very bland and taxing in the end. Problem is pretty much none of the loot is worth the effort after EM. Some of the set bonuses are nice but not much of any of the loot is "fun". Somewhere along the line from TSO to what the game is now all the creativity was sucked out of the game and put into the market place!
  4. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

Vellandra wrote:
    It's one of my regular request on this board, unless we get grouped with classes that buf melee a lot, the pourcentage of our dps coming from auto attack has been considerably reduced. During SF my MA was often superior to the one of scout. Now they have 300% and i still have 90%.
    Other melee AA has been multiplied by 3 and mine was left unchanged.
  5. ARCHIVED-Disgustipate Guest

Vellandra wrote:
    It's screwed up across the board. Pretty much none of the gear-specific specs or alternate roles certain classes can fill are supported by itemization. It was an uphill fight to get them to itemize stuff required like throwing weapons for rogues, and even then they half-***** it with a couple of items that didn't fit reasonably in progression and then decided to fix the problem by changing the CA in question.
  6. ARCHIVED-infa Guest

Banditman wrote:
    This is pretty much the entire thread summed up perfectly. Other expansions have always had those items that were highly desired. SF, just last expansion!, even did a pretty good job of having some pretty awesome rare stuff in instances even by raid standards. Then this expansion... to say it's a complete 180 would be understating it.
    Nobody knows the name of any item this expansion because they're all exactly the same with baby-step increments in power. It's boring.
  7. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

Banditman wrote:
    My bet is that the new class they're introducing will be beastlords which will be fighters who use leather armor and fist weapons. I'm hoping that they'll be a utility class on the order of bards or chanters which will be highly desired in raids, perhaps allowing us to reach 6 fighters in a raid force...which would make fighters 25% of the raid instead of around 12.5% as they currently are.
  8. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

Vinka@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    lmao.
    Riiiiight.
    SoE kind of needs to change the 8 raid slots for 4 classes (chanters/bards) thing first before that ever has a chance of happening, heh.
  9. ARCHIVED-diabloii Guest

If you want the buffs a support class provides, and be desired the way a support class is - play a support class.
  10. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

Lolkat@Nagafen wrote:
    I don't want the buffs a support class provides. I want the awesome survivability that being a monk provides.
    I also want people to stop trying to nerf my drop rates.
  11. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Asking a Brawler to betray right now is pretty funny as they have been rediculous since SF
  12. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    Lies! Lies and slander, slanderous lies!
    ....we've only been awesome since DoV. We just didn't *completely* blow in SF!
  13. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    Fixed it for you.
  14. ARCHIVED-diabloii Guest

Just add brawler loot to fighter crates. What is so wrong w/ that?
  15. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    I never played with a good one till SF so I'll have to assume that is correct.
  16. ARCHIVED-Corydonn Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    Fixed for Blanka.

Don't nerf fighter drops, Just nerf the brawlers that use them.

I think it's fair that fighter armor drops more often but the armor probably isn't picked up by fighters in most guilds because they use a DKP system. If I didn't have to pay DKP I'd be probably carrying around 2 sets of the gear even 3 for some pieces for DPS gear, Tanking Gear and plain Crit Chance/Critical Mitigation addorns whiel most classes can get away with one set for everything except maybe an extra for 1 or 2 pieces for Crit mit/Crit Chance.
  17. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

Lolkat@Nagafen wrote:
    Nothing. I'm 100% in favor of crating fighter weapons together.
  18. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Weapons need to be crated.
    I am hoping they just merge monk and bruiser(since they are overly homogenized already) and make the new class beastlord and be the betrayal version of Monk class. Allow this class to be weak heroic tank slightly better then brigand with some raid utility and bard(no higher then brigand) dps.
    This way raid only need to deal with 5 fighters for 3-4 slots and the new class can fill a utility/dps role which is the most common role in raids.
  19. ARCHIVED-Corydonn Guest

Gungo@Crushbone wrote:
    Ummm... No, Monks and Bruisers are way different when you get down deep into the class mechanics. They aren't so similar that you should ever consider them the same for raid makeup.
  20. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Corydonn wrote:
    This...Makes me laugh how people think they are the same when they are really not even close once you get passed the shared aa's.