DoV Itemization. So bland.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Loladen, Jun 12, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

Vinka@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I'm personally hoping it is beastlords, that they suck, and are overpopulated, so that we know who to avoid because they're playing FOTM.
  2. ARCHIVED-diabloii Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    lol at this as if other subclasses aren't highly specialized and unique.
  3. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

Lolkat@Nagafen wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Blanka never said that. He said that brawlers were also highly specialized and unique.
  4. ARCHIVED-diabloii Guest

he mentioned it as justification for brawlers having their own completely separate loot. they aren't any more special than other subclasses - their loot needs to be combined w/ fighter loot packs.
  5. ARCHIVED-Nebbeny Guest

No, he mentioned it as justification for not merging the two classes as they are not the same. I don't think anyone has disagreed with crating fighter weapons yet.
  6. ARCHIVED-Venser Guest

this has turned into a battle about fighters, and Brawlers in general... post is losing its value
  7. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Lolkat@Nagafen wrote:
    My point is bruisers and monks are about the same as every other subclass is the same. For some reason people seem to think they are practically the same class when in reality they are as different as a guard is to a zerker.
  8. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Also to get this back on track, I don't think you will find a brawler opposed to a weapon crate provided that each and every crate that has a plate fighter weapon also has a brawler weapon. Traditionally brawlers have been screwed over on weapons so it would actually be a positive change for us.
  9. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

I can't tell you what happened in past expansions, but I can tell you that in THIS expansion, Brawlers are being treated MORE than fairly. They are in fact receiving MORE than their share of drops.
    For example, when you look at Modrfrost, he has 5 weapons with 20% drop rates.
    3 of those weapons are Archtype specific, meaning six classes share them. The other two are the Fighter weapons. The sword is shared by the 4 plate fighters, the brawler weapon by the two brawlers.
    By number, brawlers are twice as likely as the other fighters to get their drop, and three times more likely than any other class to get their drop.
    As near as I can tell, every single mob that drops a brawler only item is biased like this.
  10. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Two Handers are still missing Red/White Slots...
  11. ARCHIVED-Trensharo Guest

Banditman wrote:
    Call me cynical, but it almost feels like SOE has given brawler loot an inflated drop rate and fighters in some cases do benefit from this (i.e. BPs from Spire/ToRZ which seem to drop Fighter 75%, Priest 20%, Scout 4.5% and Mage 0.5%).
    Maybe I'm just unlucky, but I'm not the only one seeing this issue. I've been running this zone (ToRZ daily and I always go in expecting a fighter BP to drop, and it almost always does. I've seen the priest BP twice and scout mage once in about 30 runs in this zone. Every other time, it's been a fighter BP.
    And while it can be chalked up to bad luck, I noticed the same exact pattern when I ran Fortress Spire for that BP, except Scout and Priest can be switched, but Fighter always has a ridiculously high drop rate with mage BPs dropping like some uber rare mythical mob drop...
  12. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

maybe they should shove all loot all mobs drop into a crate for everything, then I won't have to run Trak 400 times for the shield.
  13. ARCHIVED-diabloii Guest

Banditman wrote:
    Remember when - during a progression pull and your raid was dying for hours on end and people were starting to give up - someone would dig up a link to an item that the mob dropped - and would put it in guild chat. You'd click on the link - and you'd drool and all of a sudden a second wind would wash over the raid?
  14. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Lolkat@Nagafen wrote:
    Now its like:
    +0.2% Potency/Crit Bonus
    -40% Critical Chance on some Ranged Items...
    -5% Flurry Chance....
  15. ARCHIVED-Trensharo Guest

Where is itemization balanced? Why am I wearing a heroic drop with a Ry'Gorr helm in my bags due to the insane lost of some stats on some slots, nevermind the badly itemized 2 handers and some items in x2 Raid zones being itemized like Kael Contested heroic exquisite chest drops. Oh, and the drop rates for BPs off Spire and ToRZ end bosses is anything but balanced. Wrong foci on some items making them virtually useless, and these are small issues that can be fixed on a Tuesday update, yet Tuesday came and went and nothing was done about them despite the issues being laid out pretty succintly on these forums (in some cases, for weeks to months).
    Some idiots at SOE need to lose their job. This entire expansion is one massive itemization failure.
  16. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

well I just got the new bow from the new raid zones, they are MUCH harder then even the HM Raid zones (I bought the bow), but its almost exactly the same stats.

except..

it doesn't have the 5% flurry chance the other bow has...
    BUT it has 0.7% More Critical Bonus and Potency!

because 0.7% CN/P is better then 5% Flurry.
  17. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

Talathion@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Wow, I'm impressed now. You finally realised why everyone's been saying that the itemization is screwed up and boring ?
  18. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Mrrshan@Runnyeye wrote:
    The Post that started this was originally mine.
  19. ARCHIVED-Darkonx Guest

Obviously there's an issue if no one is happy with itemization. It may be 'balanced' but it's not 'fun'. People play this game to have fun, thus, itemization is an issue. Hello red names?
  20. ARCHIVED-sev12412512512 Guest

Dasein wrote:
    Ummm, you honestly think they didn't use a random item name generator along with the stat generator algorithm? Really? Have you not seen the "Rug of the Furious" from TOFS. Really? Rug of the Furious?.... I'm surprised we dont' have Rug of Increased Attacks.
    Oh and the new Drunder mount, a pig looking thing, describes itself as a powerful Griffon or something. Classic copy and paste.